DMC3 had a good story!

#51SlaveBladePosted 11/28/2012 6:32:16 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
I agree. To bad community turned into bunch of hypocrites, who unless have game that makes them THINK they smart, are starting to moan about dumb story, characters, etc, etc.

Tameem is somehow capable of making people think they're smart and treating them like dumb children at the same time. The fans can't seem to get enough of his BS.

that. before this game was announced, people rarely complained about story, or characters in DMC. They were satisfied and glad for DMC1 and 3. Than comes Tameem, who hasn't produced a single successful game and starting his bias. And those people are starting just repeat after him like broken records. Just look at Shatter, he don't have a single original idea. He just repeats after Tameem, like if he some kind of prophet or something.

1 was barebones with very little actual story beyond "Investigate this castle. Oh snap, now go kill this guy"

2 was boring. I still don't think Dante's appearance there really did much.

3 wasn't that good either. messy interactions with other characters, all for the sake of looking cool. I was not wowed by it beyond the first viewing, subsequent views honestly just make me feel embarrassed to even watch cutscenes from the game.

4 was... just.... tripe.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#52liquidleonx3Posted 11/28/2012 6:39:16 AM
I just like that aside from the Arkham and Lady stuff it had one clear simple objective: Kick Vergil's ass. For a hack n' slash that's all the incentive I needed. It didn't try to get overly complicated or deep. It was just two brothers fighting over what they believed was just.
---
{-Official Eight Gates Lee of Everywhere}
I'm waiting for IGN's review. I grew up with it so they're the only reviewers I trust. - HappyUnicorn101
#53Dragoon_KailPosted 11/28/2012 6:39:54 AM
Story was fine, as noted it wasn't the main focus, they cast themselves were more developed then the plot, which in it's self is fine as they were all fantasticly written & acted

The gameplay & the cast are what made DMC3 legendary and that's all that ever mattered, plot was there just to go from point A to point B
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#54SlaveBladePosted 11/28/2012 6:58:12 AM
Now that I've grown up (lol) I need a little more incentive to get from point A to B than "Because!"
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#55Dragoon_KailPosted 11/28/2012 8:55:57 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
Now that I've grown up (lol) I need a little more incentive to get from point A to B than "Because!"

Gonna need to see a drivers license before i believe that :P and no, you actually don't need more incentive then that, especially in a devil may cry game
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#56Dark_EpathyPosted 11/28/2012 9:13:02 AM
Metal Gear series is one of few examples where they do a lot of things right in story telling.

I disagree.

All of the games are overbearing in their exposition, and retcons abound. In terms of single games, MGS1 and MGS3 are probably the best. The latter is most likely the most refined story the series has produced. And, as much as I enjoy MGS2, the amount of needless exposition is staggering, and the number of twists hurt the game's focus more than add to it.

MGS4. . . MGS4 I have my reservations about. Bad pacing. Shoehorned plot twists and character backstories. And some really questionable developments during the ending that hurt the game's story (and probably that of the series) as a whole.

Eh. I'm not fond of MGS4. That said, everything else you cited about MGS as a series is right on the money. Kojima's a good director, and the aesthetics and gameplay (barring the disjointed feeling of MGS4) are top-notch.

On the topic of DMC, DMC3 has a great story, as far as I can tell. It's paced well, the characters are consistent, and what retcons there are are excusable since we're getting the first development of the series' true mythology. For a comparison to MGS, think of how MGS1 retrofits MG1 and MG2 to fit with its new established continuity.

Probably the most important thing in regards to DMC3 is that Dante and Lady have definite arcs that start in one place and end in another. The story also has some decent twists that up the ante a couple of times throughout.

So, yeah, I think DMC3, at least, should be enough proof that DMC was always capable of decent-to-good storytelling. The other games are another matter, but that's my take.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#57Dragoon_KailPosted 11/28/2012 9:20:04 AM
To be fair, Japanese writting has a raging hard on for needless exposition (especialy during action scenes) and stating the painfully obvious (this is especially fun with hentai as the girl describes step by step what's being jamed up her coochie hole)

Basicly Japanese writting is 99% terrible, so you can't blame metal gear solid that much
---
#58SlaveBladePosted 11/28/2012 9:30:48 AM
Dragoon_Kail posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

Gonna need to see a drivers license before i believe that :P and no, you actually don't need more incentive then that, especially in a devil may cry game

I just said I do. Why am I not allowed to prefer more reasoning in an action game?
---
#59Dragoon_KailPosted 11/28/2012 9:39:16 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
Dragoon_Kail posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

I just said I do. Why am I not allowed to prefer more reasoning in an action game?

Because it's an action game; specificly hack & slash styled; it's NOT an RPG

Now the obvious reply is "what about mass effect 3?" to which i'd say "lolme3endingroflcoptorzlolololol" but follow that up with "it's definetly more 3rd person shooter then rpg at this point (what game doesn't have rpg elements at this point?), me1 was the closest valid argument, except the gameplay sucked", also ME is less about plot and more charecter driven, just like devil may cry 3 and thus gameplay & charecter focus trumps plot"
---
#60WebsandWigsPosted 11/28/2012 9:42:20 AM
DMC3 had a fun action movie story. That's all you can ask of it.