DMC3 had a good story!

#91Dragoon_KailPosted 11/28/2012 4:10:35 PM
DJ_Slayer07 posted...
roxas9001 posted...
And what were they thinking when they wrote 4? did all these ok talent just up & leave.

They were probably thinking that Bleach was popular and they could capitalize off of it. DMC4's plot is just shy of being identical to the Soul Society arc, with a couple bits from later in the show thrown in for good measure.

No.....not even a little, i hate bleach and even i know that's bullcrap where did you even draw this conclusion from??

There's a few conclusions you could draw as to why they casted Johny Young Bosh, aside from being a popular voice actor, he's also done a number of martial arts shows & movies & stunt work, he did all the Nero mo-cap for the game with Reuban's crew, that's most likely why they hired him to begin with since almost all of them do the voices & mo-cap for the charecters
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#92ShadowZero007Posted 11/28/2012 4:46:23 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...
roxas9001 posted...
VolcanoBoulder posted...
Kyrylo posted...
After seeing so much pathetic japanaophobes: just so you know, if not japan the best storylines you were getting would have been Duke Nukem. Cause 90% of western studios can do dumb shooters or generic crap like Assassin Creed.

And a lot of Japanese studios seem to consider **** like Final Fantasy 13 and Metroid: Other M to be well-written and have good storytelling. Your argument goes both ways.

Of course, nothing excuses the ignorance of so-called Japanophobes, but fighting fire with fire is rarely the best way to win an argument.

You probably or most likely didn't understand but anyways the plots in the other FFs aren't gold either.

FFXIII's biggest narrative problem is that it's ending is a pretty literal dues ex machina.

LOL no. Etro's involvement is pointed out via the analects. The game not handing you the explanation and encouraging you to complete it fully and analyze clues instead of being lazy isn't DEM

Yeah.
The Goddess created a miracle.
God (more or less) saved them.

"a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly solved with the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability, or object. It can be roughly translated as "God made it happen," with no further explanation"
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#93FireMage7777Posted 11/28/2012 4:52:27 PM
contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability, or object. It can be roughly translated as "God made it happen," with no further explanation"

The analects establish Etro intervention. Thank you
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#94ShadowZero007Posted 11/28/2012 4:54:47 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability, or object. It can be roughly translated as "God made it happen," with no further explanation"

It's foreshadowed yeah.
But the explanation of the event still basically sums itself up as
"The Goddess did it"
(And screwed the timeline over in doing so...)
---
#95mmSNAKEPosted 11/28/2012 4:56:00 PM
No, Arkham was the main villain. Vergil was the main antagonist due to him not being a villain

Antagonist: the adversary of the hero or protagonist of a drama or other literary work.

Villain: a character in a play, novel, or the like, who constitutes an important evil agency in the plot

Arkham was the main antagonist. He was the main force which Dante was put against, the fact that Vergil even joins to fight against Arkham solidifies this even further.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#96ShadowZero007Posted 11/28/2012 4:58:24 PM
mmSNAKE posted...
No, Arkham was the main villain. Vergil was the main antagonist due to him not being a villain

Antagonist: the adversary of the hero or protagonist of a drama or other literary work.

Villain: a character in a play, novel, or the like, who constitutes an important evil agency in the plot

Arkham was the main antagonist. He was the main force which Dante was put against, the fact that Vergil even joins to fight against Arkham solidifies this even further.

Arkham was both a villain and the stories primary antagonist.
Vergil served his role as essentially the deuteragonist
---
#97FireMage7777Posted 11/28/2012 4:59:30 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

It's foreshadowed yeah.
But the explanation of the event still basically sums itself up as
"The Goddess did it"
(And screwed the timeline over in doing so...)

DEM requires that something was never established though. Thank you for your time. Also XIII-2 doesn't exist
---
#98FireMage7777Posted 11/28/2012 5:01:35 PM
mmSNAKE posted...

Exactly, Vergil is Dante's adversary, and Arkham is the one with the evil agenda
---
#99DJ_Slayer07Posted 11/28/2012 5:04:59 PM
Dragoon_Kail posted...
DJ_Slayer07 posted...
They were probably thinking that Bleach was popular and they could capitalize off of it. DMC4's plot is just shy of being identical to the Soul Society arc, with a couple bits from later in the show thrown in for good measure.

No.....not even a little, i hate bleach and even i know that's bullcrap where did you even draw this conclusion from??

JYB works for (but doesn't particularly like) an order of magic swordsmen that hunt monsters.

JYB has the power of those very monsters inside of him. At first he's afraid and ashamed of it, but eventually he accepts it and masters it, and it makes him stronger.

JYB's girlfriend gets kidnapped by the order he works for, so he has to storm their base to get her back, and winds up having to fight her brother, a high-ranking member of that order.

Speaking of the girlfriend,

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ahm0VkHFBvo/TgQDAoXgojI/AAAAAAAAAN0/ZhU27bJzs0A/s1600/TCV-009-C16_4.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/devilmaycry/images/6/6f/Kyrie.jpg

Did I mention that those two also share the same voice actor?

Anyways, early in the story, a kind man who everyone in the order looks up to as a leader gets brutally murdered, but then, it turns out that he's actually the villain behind everything. He also has two sidekicks, who were also high-ranked members of the order, one of which winds up turning on the main villain and gets killed for his insubordination, the other is a black(?) guy that transforms into a giant insect and gets killed.

Also, there's an older, more experienced character, who has all the answers and is likely powerful enough to take care of most of the problems himself, but instead of just taking care of business, he leads JYB along and sends him to take care of things. He also has a shapeshifting female sidekick.

The parallels run a lot deeper than just having JYB voice the main character. I doubt they were consciously making the decision to try and imitate Bleach (that quip about them trying to capitalize on Bleach's success was a joke, since you seemed to miss it), especially since some elements of Bleach that I mentioned above didn't even happen until after DMC4 was out, but that wasn't my point. My point was that the plots of DMC4 and Bleach are undeniably similar, and that the writers probably just threw something together that they thought would give the game mass appeal.
---
"I don't go looking for trouble, but I'll fight back if trouble finds me."
--Amarant, Final Fantasy IX
#100mmSNAKEPosted 11/28/2012 5:14:22 PM

Exactly, Vergil is Dante's adversary, and Arkham is the one with the evil agenda

Being a villain isn't a role. It's a description.

Arkham was both a villain and the stories primary antagonist.
Vergil served his role as essentially the deuteragonist

Pretty much this.^
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!