In case some of you "hardcore fans" forgot, this is how DMC3 demoed.

#91BASTARF_15Posted 11/28/2012 12:48:07 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
*sits on Dante's chair*

Sits on DuuuDe14 let's see how you like it!!
#92Receipt(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 1:38:22 PM
Ether101 posted...
Receipt posted...
Man, I would've missed out on so much of my gaming time's most fond memories if I'd have thought that the demo of this game did anything but scratch the surface. Whew.

Actually, I loved this demo. Every moment I played of it. Which is why I was on a stupid internet message board in 2005 playing it live for people via webcam before the game came out. *sigh* I miss style competitions.

Edit: You are ignoring 8 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.

Here's the problem with your "logic", DMC3's demo was from an early build of the game the DmC demo came out after the game was completed so it should be close to the final product.

This demo is an old build, there's even placeholder audio. Almost all demos released on consoles are old builds of their respective games. It takes a lot of time and effort to put out a demo, time that they could be using much better during the final months of production on things like performance optimization. That also goes without bringing up cert and stupid licensing things that developers have to go through to even get something on the marketplaces. It's the same demo that press has been playing at events for a while, definitely the one they were playing at E3. It's at LEAST seven months old, do you have any idea how much happens to a game in seven months? That's how things work in real life. You do not compare demos to final builds.

You are ignoring 23 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
---
While there is truth in Receipt's words, there is a tinge of bitterness that makes it seem like he's evil. Like cough syrup. -Paparoach23
#93SiLVeR_420Posted 11/28/2012 1:43:35 PM
Strelok posted...
I wonder if I am on this TCs dreaded Ignore List.
Oh please let it not be so! I have NO idea what to do if he ignored me!

Wait... if he ignored me this means...
HE CAN NOT SEE I AM HANDING OUT FREE COOKIES!
(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)
(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)

Those white chocolate or just regular chocolate chips?
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#94Psychochild27Posted 11/28/2012 1:44:11 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Strelok posted...

They could be sprinkles. Or cinnamon.
#95TheOriginalMaxPosted 11/28/2012 1:50:19 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Strelok posted...

Chocolate fudge brownie cookies with white chocolate!? @_@
Oh my g... OHMAh... OHMAHGYAUH! *stomach starts eating itself*
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#96StrelokPosted 11/28/2012 1:56:23 PM
The power of these cookies is that they are MAGICAL cookies. They can be whatever you want them to be.

It makes more sense than magical graffiti!
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#97Pesmerga255Posted 11/28/2012 1:57:19 PM
Strelok posted...
The power of these cookies is that they are MAGICAL cookies. They can be whatever you want them to be.

But NT got real graffiti artists for DmC!!! It makes it look more realistic and alive.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#98TheOriginalMaxPosted 11/28/2012 2:01:11 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Strelok posted...

But NT got real graffiti artists for DmC!!! It makes it look more realistic and alive.

NO FRIGGIN WAY!1 they're so cool and edgy! Fight the machine, yeah!
*psshh, psshhh*
Look! It's a teddy bear! Take that, government!!113971984ugioeh
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#99_Uwye_Posted 11/28/2012 2:18:05 PM
Receipt posted...
This demo is an old build, there's even placeholder audio. Almost all demos released on consoles are old builds of their respective games. It takes a lot of time and effort to put out a demo, time that they could be using much better during the final months of production on things like performance optimization. That also goes without bringing up cert and stupid licensing things that developers have to go through to even get something on the marketplaces. It's the same demo that press has been playing at events for a while, definitely the one they were playing at E3. It's at LEAST seven months old, do you have any idea how much happens to a game in seven months? That's how things work in real life. You do not compare demos to final builds.

Ahahahahah, that's why it includes the fixes they talked of in mid-august, because it's AT LEAST seven months old.

Boy, you have no idea what you are talking about.
#100mahroflcopterPosted 11/28/2012 2:22:06 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
Receipt posted...

Ahahahahah, that's why it includes the fixes they talked of in mid-august, because it's AT LEAST seven months old.

Boy, you have no idea what you are talking about.

And even if Receipt was right... that raises the question of what the hell is Capcom thinking releasing a 7 month old build? This demo was their final hail mary pass at winning people back... releasing a blatantly outdated demo would be akin to shooting themselves in the foot when 99% of people who play it won't give a damn about the development process... all they'll care about is how they don't like the demo.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.