DmC vs GOW (Combat)

#1FNP88Posted 11/28/2012 11:40:33 PM(edited)
I'm curious what some of the antis think, discuss. Personally i think DmC outshines GOWs combat(which is basically button mashing), although it will be tough to beat GOWs epic level/boss design(although they were usually just graphically appealing. I can't compare GOW to DMC1/3/4 or Bayonetta, but i still had a lot of fun playing it. Kind of how i think DmC will be, except better. I also think DmC will appeal to gamers who were maybe into GOW, but have never really played DMC or Bayonetta.

Also GOW=God of War, if you really needed me to tell you that.
#2ShadowZero007Posted 11/28/2012 11:43:15 PM
Gonna be honest.
Never really played GoW. I played the second one for all of 20 minutes at a friends I think.
Here's a bump :p
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#3KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/28/2012 11:45:28 PM
DmC is better then GOW because it actually has combos. While GOW is faster, DmC makes up for it by not being a generic button masher. Ia agree about the bosses too. I really am not impressed with DmC's bosses. So yeah, DmC has better combat then GOW. It's not really that hard though.....
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#4mmSNAKEPosted 11/28/2012 11:46:35 PM
GoW combat was way too simple. There was hardly any room for any finesse or any really skillful exhibits. Closest you got to were the non upgrade runs and even then it wasn't that good.

I'm not gonna make a call on this yet but I feel that this game will be at least more complex in fights than GoW.

GoW's good point wasn't the battle system. It was the over the top violence and brutality. There was always something about ripping off limbs off things and beating them to death with it.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#5chaotix247Posted 11/28/2012 11:55:59 PM
Not this again.....
---
I am so DAMN pissed at Capcom yet I shell out money like an idiot anyway.
Currently Playing - RE6, Black Ops 2, RE4, DMCHD, RECVX
#6FNP88(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 11:56:30 PM
well we haven't even seen the full game, the difficulty we are judging is DMD in one of the very early levels. Yea it wont be DMD like DMC3, but i'm going to bet halfway-end game will give most of us a challenge. While casuals can play on demon hunter, and feel like bad asses while juggling enemies and doing easy combos.

I just think a lot of you aren't giving the game enough credit, i think a lot of people will have fun playing it. I admit there are some issues really holding it back, mainly being:no lock on,balance(style meter/weapons/difficulty), and 30fps. I wonder if some modding of the PC version could fix all of those, i assume at the very least the 30fps.
#7KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/29/2012 12:00:40 AM
FNP88 posted...
well we haven't even seen the full game, the difficulty we are judging is DMD in one of the very early levels. Yea it wont be DMD like DMC3, but i'm going to bet halfway-end game will give most of us a challenge. While casuals can play on demon hunter, and feel like bad asses while juggling enemies and doing easy combos.

I just think a lot of you aren't giving the game enough credit, i think a lot of people will have fun playing it. I admit there are some issues really holding it back, mainly being:no lock on,balance(style meter/weapons/difficulty), and 30fps. I wonder if some modding of the PC version could fix all of those, i assume at the very least the 30fps.

I don't think it's going to get a whole lot harder... sure, it'll scale with the game, but it doesn't really seem so tough. If SoS was that easy, and DMD was as easy as it looks..... difficult, this game will not be.

And I never said people won't have fun. It looks like a good action game, I say a 7.5. If all you want is an action game, it'll probably satisfy you.

If you want a DMC game, this game isn't really it. You're better off with the originals. I still say this game would have done so much better as a new IP.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#8KyryloPosted 11/29/2012 12:07:15 AM
They are similar in core. Same button-mashing. The only difference GoW has better button layout.
#9Stink_NastyPosted 11/29/2012 12:10:44 AM
I think this game can bridge the gap between the GoW fans to this kind of HnS. It's not exactly DMC or Bayo, but it does have some kind depth that's not found in a lot of games.

I think this game will get a whole lot tougher, the level we played in the demo I believe is 5 (The guy's shirt) that's pretty early on. In the preview articles where thye play up to level 10, they say the game gets gradually harder. This is actually different from DMC3 because in my opinion the hardest level was 7 and A&R killed me about 15 times before I could kill them in normal mode and that was level 5, but I think the game will gradually get tougher. Not to the level of DMC3 hard, but I think it will be really challenging in this age of games (except maybe Demon's souls).
---
Child: Can you tell me another story about the Shepard? Stargazer: Did you buy the DLC?
Child: No......Stargazer: Then go to bed. -readyforwar
#10mmSNAKEPosted 11/29/2012 12:16:08 AM
except maybe Demon's souls

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are only hard the first few times. Once you remember where the traps and ambushes are and you know how to achieve your build it's not so bad.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!