DmC vs GOW (Combat)

#101MrStarkillerPosted 11/30/2012 10:55:39 AM
Arc: >happy with being a casual
Well now, that's all you had to say, sailor. You buying DmC for top dollar, then?
#102Arc166Posted 11/30/2012 11:19:58 AM
Nah. May get it cheap.

Demo didn't impress and its creators have made nothing but mediocre games. Could be good for a cheap laugh, like GoW.
#103BlackSheepWallsPosted 11/30/2012 11:25:05 AM
What has DmC to do with Gear of War?
#104Arc166Posted 11/30/2012 11:27:13 AM
God of War.

Action games.
#105MrStarkillerPosted 11/30/2012 11:46:32 AM
Arc: >cheap
How low? We talking 40 or 20? Less?

>like GoW
You getting sweet on me, sugar?

Wally: >Gears
TC seemed to want to discuss it, but then switched to GoW and everyone followed suit.
#106Arc166Posted 11/30/2012 12:01:43 PM
I ain't American, so I don't know how many dollars it'd be. Probably like 20, at a guess.

Honey, I've been sweet from the start.
#107MrStarkillerPosted 11/30/2012 2:01:47 PM
>ain't American
We all are, son.

>like 20
Sounds about right. How long do you figure before this comes to pass? Fun fact? Heavenly Sword hasn't dropped to that price yet.

>sweet from the start
You tart.
#108Arc166Posted 11/30/2012 3:24:34 PM
Heavenly Sword is the equivalent of 5 dollars or so where I am, if bought used. Assuming I got the numbers right. It'd cost more to have a meal.

Not long I'd guess.
#109FireMage7777Posted 11/30/2012 3:30:20 PM
MrStarkiller posted...
>ain't American
We all are, son.

>like 20
Sounds about right. How long do you figure before this comes to pass? Fun fact? Heavenly Sword hasn't dropped to that price yet.

>sweet from the start
You tart.

It's been under $20 for a long time now (Heavenly Sword)
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#110SBK91Posted 11/30/2012 5:29:03 PM
Cause I was thinking of getting SS which without upgrades or such, for style would revolve around a lot of guarding.

heretic SS'ed the game without letting anything level. Just guarding everything isn't necessary.

Making self imposed challenges a bit pointless to compare.

Isn't that what an SB run is?

There are workarounds even when wearing costumes to weaken yourself further as with GK

Wonderful costume, that.

GKPAIN+ Zeus w/ BH...did you already have a taste?

Never tried GKPAIN+. Probably will once I have the time.

Not so for bosses?

No. Most of the time you can't get them off camera outside of them teleporting. Agni and Rudra are only too happy to attack from offscreen. Lady doesn't, but that's part of the fight (hiding).

You ever see the family moving videos where they get dumped into the kill collision (ring-out)?

No, but I've heard of it and have moved the family twice in my own experience.

I'm sure SWFU1 would get a thumb of the nose from many who didn't play it seriously.

It's got a great charm to it. Everything works the way it should (Grip for ringouts, Lightning for direct damage, Repulse for collisions, damage, i frames and CC, saber for utility and stunlock, etc).

What would the fights in GoW be like with strict time limits, no damage allowance and some manner of contrived system for 'style'?

I don't imagine good ranks being possible with many fights under NUR conditions and higher due to time constraints. Especially if they balanced it around OP spells, weapons or petrification (which they would).

Where did you place NFR+ NUR+ Paratus again?

Below God Hand and the Clones but above everything else.

but the process of learning how to do a fight is part of the challenge

Even with the method, it's rather long and he can randomly kill you at any instant. Then you have to get lucky with Junk Titan handling.

Something like petrification would not fit DMC at all, but suits GoW.

No doubt. There's things which just shouldn't be in DMC. Petrification, heavy environmental abuse, a 'rage' that doesn't change combo dynamics (make us faster with more cancels, alter attacks and unique attacks), QTE's, a dedicated grab button *glares at Nero*, etc.

Could be good for a cheap laugh, like GoW.

You want a good laugh? Multiplayer in Action games. The one sin DmC hasn't committed.