DmC vs GOW (Combat)

#21Stink_NastyPosted 11/28/2012 11:39:08 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
That's a pretty shameful tactic..... it's one of the reasons that I don't like this game too. The old fans are pretty much being abandoned because we don't bring in the money Capcom wants. We gave 2.7 million sales for DMC4, but it wasn't enough so we get shafted.... that's a bit sad.

I'm with you there pal, I know gamers love devs who are all "We love our fans and will do anything to make them happy!" but in the end of the day, the dollar is more powerful than any one individual, such is our world today my friend.
---
Child: Can you tell me another story about the Shepard? Stargazer: Did you buy the DLC?
Child: No......Stargazer: Then go to bed. -readyforwar
#22FNP88(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 11:41:58 PM
Stink_Nasty posted...
I think Demon's Souls was pretty hard, god damn that Flamelurker, guy just never wants to die. This is what I get for building a melee class that wants to be agile and deal great blows. I'm not too good at the game and to be honest I'm not one to grasp the concepts of complex things unless I have someone explain it to me verbally. I'm more of an auditory learner, so I don't really get the concept of the black worlds or white worlds or how exactly to build a good character. I do really like the games though.

The problem with a new IP, is that it's not guaranteed to have any kind of fanbase. Capcom isn't exactly a studio that only develops smash hits, they develop a lot of games and gamers enjoy a lot of their games, but they release a lot of fluff too.

By naming it DMC you segregate some of the old fans, but bank on retaining some of the old ones while increasing the fanbase with new fans. Sadly, the old fans who don't like this game get sacrificed in hopes that more new people will play this game than old people.

Try to get your weapon to at least +6 or so, and if you can use sticky white stuff and buff it. Or go to world 4-1 and use the crescent falchion. Flamelurker is weak to magic. Also, don't go over 40-50 in any stats and Luck is almost never important so don't level it up . I would go to the wiki to see how much MP/spell memory you get per Intelligence stat point. Just try to find a weapon you like and focus on upgrading that, and a huge hint, use the second chance miracle. It is good for even melee builds, doesn't require much stat investment. 16faith/18int i think. Also you can use curse weapon later on, and cast it with a particular talisman(talisman of the beasts). I think i'm giving you a few too many hints....
#23ShadowBoyZXPosted 11/28/2012 11:42:14 PM
Stink_Nasty posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
That's a pretty shameful tactic..... it's one of the reasons that I don't like this game too. The old fans are pretty much being abandoned because we don't bring in the money Capcom wants. We gave 2.7 million sales for DMC4, but it wasn't enough so we get shafted.... that's a bit sad.

I'm with you there pal, I know gamers love devs who are all "We love our fans and will do anything to make them happy!" but in the end of the day, the dollar is more powerful than any one individual, such is our world today my friend.

While that's true for many companies, Capcom has shown their excessive greed on multiple occasions. I'm suprised there hasn't been some sort of movement by now.
---
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor
#24Stink_NastyPosted 11/28/2012 11:47:25 PM
FNP88 posted...
Stink_Nasty posted...
I think Demon's Souls was pretty hard, god damn that Flamelurker, guy just never wants to die. This is what I get for building a melee class that wants to be agile and deal great blows. I'm not too good at the game and to be honest I'm not one to grasp the concepts of complex things unless I have someone explain it to me verbally. I'm more of an auditory learner, so I don't really get the concept of the black worlds or white worlds or how exactly to build a good character. I do really like the games though.

The problem with a new IP, is that it's not guaranteed to have any kind of fanbase. Capcom isn't exactly a studio that only develops smash hits, they develop a lot of games and gamers enjoy a lot of their games, but they release a lot of fluff too.

By naming it DMC you segregate some of the old fans, but bank on retaining some of the old ones while increasing the fanbase with new fans. Sadly, the old fans who don't like this game get sacrificed in hopes that more new people will play this game than old people.

Try to get your weapon to at least +6 or so, and if you can use sticky white stuff and buff it. Or go to world 4-1 and use the crescent falchion. Flamelurker is weak to magic. Also, don't go over 40-50 in any stats and Luck is almost never important so don't level it up . I would go to the wiki to see how much MP/spell memory you get per Intelligence stat point. Just try to find a weapon you like and focus on upgrading that, and a huge hint, use the second chance miracle. It is good for even melee builds, doesn't require much stat investment. 16faith/18int i think. Also you can use curse weapon later on, and cast it with a particular talisman(talisman of the beasts). I think i'm giving you a few too many hints....

I have crescent falchion and love it. I farm 4-2 reapers for money and I tried doing the sticky white stuff and I still got stomped. It's pretty infuriating, lol. I had him down to a pixel and then he just got pissed off and killed me. I heard Lurker and Maneater were the hardest bosses in the game. I have t go back and beat them and stop playing Halo, lol.
---
Child: Can you tell me another story about the Shepard? Stargazer: Did you buy the DLC?
#25Olan17VPosted 11/28/2012 11:50:29 PM
DmC's combat is much more engaging, with the continous combos and what not, but GoW's combat is more strategic, requiring you to use all your arsenal of weapons etc.

They're both good in their respective ways. I guess DmC's is much more fun since it's combo-based.
---
"I'll make my own FFVIII CGI movie, with blackjack and hookers!"
#26Stink_NastyPosted 11/28/2012 11:53:46 PM
Olan17V posted...
DmC's combat is much more engaging, with the continous combos and what not, but GoW's combat is more strategic, requiring you to use all your arsenal of weapons etc.

They're both good in their respective ways. I guess DmC's is much more fun since it's combo-based.

Eh, I'd have to disagree, GoW isn't strategic at all. You mash square square triangle on dudes, grab other dudes and press circle for easy kills, you want crowd control R1 square, it's all prett standard stuff. You don't need any real strategy, just evade when you're about to get hit or block and then press square square triangle and you're set.
---
#27FireMage7777Posted 11/29/2012 12:06:09 AM
Stink_Nasty posted...
Olan17V posted...

Eh, I'd have to disagree, GoW isn't strategic at all. You mash square square triangle on dudes, grab other dudes and press circle for easy kills, you want crowd control R1 square, it's all prett standard stuff. You don't need any real strategy, just evade when you're about to get hit or block and then press square square triangle and you're set.

Spoken like a GOW noob
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#28Stink_NastyPosted 11/29/2012 12:16:53 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Stink_Nasty posted...
Olan17V posted...

Spoken like a GOW noob

lol, it's not really that I'm a noob, it's that there really is no sense of depth in those games. If you think there are you're kidding yourself. The DmC demo already had loads of more depth than the entire GoW series. GoW is a fun game to mindlessly kill things, but it's not particularly flashy or complicated. Anyone can play it and it's not very difficult at any level and the combat isn't on par with series like DMC/Bayo or NG. It's just a matter of fact that you can get by the whole game with square square triangle.
---
#29FireMage7777Posted 11/29/2012 12:28:45 AM
Stink_Nasty posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Stink_Nasty posted...
Olan17V posted...

Spoken like a GOW noob

lol, it's not really that I'm a noob, it's that there really is no sense of depth in those games. If you think there are you're kidding yourself. The DmC demo already had loads of more depth than the entire GoW series. GoW is a fun game to mindlessly kill things, but it's not particularly flashy or complicated. Anyone can play it and it's not very difficult at any level and the combat isn't on par with series like DMC/Bayo or NG. It's just a matter of fact that you can get by the whole game with square square triangle.

Combo depth and difficulty are two entirely different things. I see you never played anything above normal
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#30pyro_buntaPosted 11/29/2012 12:29:45 AM
The only strategic things from GOW is boss attack patterns and puzzles.
---
...if you know what I mean