DmC vs GOW (Combat)

#51FireMage7777Posted 11/29/2012 8:26:34 AM
You should REALLY quote posts you respond to
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#52MrStarkillerPosted 11/29/2012 8:30:42 AM
>quote
No thanks. I'll not leave myself open to that system again anytime soon.
#53FireMage7777Posted 11/29/2012 8:33:30 AM
MrStarkiller posted...
>quote
No thanks. I'll not leave myself open to that system again anytime soon.

LOL implying there's something wrong with it...thanks to your horribly formatted posts no one has no real clue what you're saying
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#54Arc166Posted 11/29/2012 8:50:16 AM
>No one.
He said my wording was weird.
#55MrStarkillerPosted 11/29/2012 8:55:12 AM
Arc: >treating implications like sentences
pls stahp

Mage: >implying there isn't something terribly wrong with it
You'll learn with time, my son.

>no one
Absolutes truly are tricky business. Mind them carefully. Be sure to remember to finish your sentences too.
#56Arc166Posted 11/29/2012 8:56:22 AM
Lol aigh't.
#57ManaYukaPosted 11/29/2012 11:38:43 AM
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are only hard the first few times. Once you remember where the traps and ambushes are and you know how to achieve your build it's not so bad.

Thats what makes a difficult game difficult: difficult at first, but once you become skilled/experienced in the game, you become better and the game is no longer difficult.

This applies to damn near EVERY GAME IN EXISTENCE. Only games with Cheap difficulty do not get easier as you go along.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
I am not female; Yukanna means "the valiant" in Japanese.
#58mmSNAKEPosted 11/29/2012 11:44:11 AM
NUR (or higher) clones on H (or VH) stomp most anything you can namedrop in this genre

God Hand: fresh KMS on hard.
Fresh DMD (DMC3) run with nothing but E&I+Rebellion etc.

I've done NUR and NUR+ runs. They aren't as bad as the ones I listed. Not nearly. (they were difficult no doubt, but not comparable to some others) The God Hand one, you could argue if you use drunken twist all the time it's easier. Frankly I wasn't good enough to beat some of the fights without it. But still that is absurd level of difficulty.

Just finishing GoW games on hardest difficulty is miles easier than finishing either God Hand on hard, or DMC3 on DMD. Also if you start restricting yourself to create challenges, DMC will beat everything. Try pulling off a SS DMD run in DMC3 with no upgrades, using one style and no other weapons besides E&I. I'm not even sure it's possible.

To just beat hardest settings in GoW, it takes little patience, and a hell lot of square-square-dodge.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#59Stink_NastyPosted 11/29/2012 11:44:39 AM
Starkiller I appreciate your posts format, I find them highly entertaining.

Now no, I've openly admitted before I didn't play on the hardest difficulty, I played on Normal then Hard and didn't notice that much of a gap in difficulty. I felt like the gap was harder in DMC. Also, I think DMC is just the harder game to clear the first time around.

I credit GOW for the boss fights which are epic and for it's style. It doesn't really try to be this complex free form combo system, just a fun game and it is that.

BTW those combo videos were pretty terrible, I'm sorry.
---
Child: Can you tell me another story about the Shepard? Stargazer: Did you buy the DLC?
Child: No......Stargazer: Then go to bed. -readyforwar
#60mmSNAKEPosted 11/29/2012 11:53:46 AM
Thats what makes a difficult game difficult: difficult at first, but once you become skilled/experienced in the game, you become better and the game is no longer difficult.

This applies to damn near EVERY GAME IN EXISTENCE. Only games with Cheap difficulty do not get easier as you go along.

No that is what YOUR concept of what difficult is supposed to be is. Difficult is difficult, regardless of how it's done. If a game requires good execution skills to be difficult. It will always be difficult unless those improve. Every game gets easier if you get better at it. Just some things are harder to improve than others.

Regarding Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. It's not necessarily your skill that makes the game less difficult. It's your knowledge. Once you memorize enemies and traps, and few attacks bosses have, you are set. The execution part isn't that hard.

The games are fun as hell, don't get me wrong. I love them but they aren't that hard.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!