After the Demo

#31FireMage7777Posted 11/30/2012 12:14:25 AM
Goldsickle posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
It is massively different since you have to hold a button for other weapons.

Look, I have played f***tonnes of games where I need to hold a button to ready a weapon, such as Resident Evil & Dead Space.
It's not a huge problem as you're making it out to be.
I only need to hold down a trigger for some 3-6 hit combo or one move.

In case you're one of those fans who support MGR but disses DmC, then I should point out that MGR also has a "Ninja Run" mode that requires you to hold down a trigger button for a different style of movement and attacking.

Also there's that horrible remark again, the style system was great in DMC4, easily accessible, and changeable on the fly

Nah, it's just a f***ing clusterf*** of a mess.
It's a half-baked method of regulating Dante's large arsenal.

Was it necessary to divide it into four different sets in the first place?
Gunslinger was rather redundant, since there aren't many moves to begin.
And Trickster could have been worked into Dante's default actions, instead of being it's own set.

I see the Angel/Devil trigger system as a much more efficient "compression" method, while the old Style is similar to a cluttered system that needs defragmentation.

Are either Resident Evil or Dead Space in the same pacing as action games...no I thought not. Also never brought up MGR, don't really care for MGS so don't really care. Yes it was necessary. Gunslinger had it uses, Twosome Time useful for interrupting two enemies at once, and for the Pandora flying missle launcher of doom. I would love to see how they would go about putting Trickster into his default moveset. Tell me, how should it be done? The style system in DMC4 is easily accessible, for those with thumbs...so what happened to your thumbs?
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#32GoldsicklePosted 11/30/2012 12:31:02 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Are either Resident Evil or Dead Space in the same pacing as action games...no I thought not.

And I just mentioned how coming from this angle will only result in ridiculous rebuttals...

Look, it doesn't matter what type of games they are. I'm just letting you know that me (and most likely a lot of people) have no problems holding down shoulder buttons.
It's not a huge problem as you're making it out to be.

Also never brought up MGR, don't really care for MGS so don't really care.

Don't let me catch you saying things like "MGR is what DmC should have been" or anything like that later.

Twosome Time useful for interrupting two enemies at once,

So instead of a specialized shot that can interrupt enemies, they just made it so that the regular shot does just that in DmC.
Twosome Time became redundant.

Guns have always been more of a weak, "complementary" attack and all the Gunslinger variations do is make them just slightly more useful, but still redundant overall.

Tell me, how should it be done?

By tearing down the current control scheme and redo from the ground up.
NT/Capcom has already done that.

If I tried resetting, it might have been a little different, because I'd put priority on a toggle lock-on.
But then, I might have went to the same direction and made signature moves lock-on dependent.

It's nice how DmC made it so that the moves here aren't dependent on locking on first, although it will take a little getting used to.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".