Please dont buy this game new

#31_Uwye_Posted 11/29/2012 10:37:10 AM
Tales_of_Master posted...
Disliking a game because you assume it will take the original's place (something Capcom specifically denied)

Link? Because capcom said multiple times thatt hey'll decide what to do with both series only after DmC is released.
#32HellFire-BahamuPosted 11/29/2012 10:40:01 AM
UnknownWin posted...
shatterstar posted...
UnknownWin posted...
I'm getting it used, And i'll download Vergil's Downfall from my friend PSN account =D. I will have the experience without supporting Capcom and NT. win-win situation for me.

I hope DmC don't sell well so Capcom can finally understand this isn't what DMC fans want. However. They better spend the money they got from DMC HD Collection and DmC on DMC5.

DLC isn't transferable from account to account mate. That's why they have locked codes that ties them to that particular console. So your friend must be pretty awesome to allow you to spend his money without reimbursing him and also allowing your cheap tail to continue to come over his house to play his Vergil DLC...lol.

Freeloading must run in your family mate.

lolololololol, me and my friend are like best friends ever. also he is interested in this game and told me he'll get the DLC, It's not that i'm telling him to get it.

And i don't always download from his account, sometimes he go to my account to download any dlc I recently bought. btw i'll get BO2 season pack and i'll let him download it from my account if he wants it.

like i said, best friends ever, and by this tactic we use, we save some money :p

^This.
Its beautiful.
Has saved me so much money
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#33SilentPhenomedPosted 11/29/2012 10:45:58 AM
I find it disgusting when people want a company and their product hat took YEARS of effort to put into to fail. Seriously, this is exactly why I don't want to be part of this fanbase anymore; this is exactly why I don't care if the old fans are forgotten. This is one of the FEW cases where I support a more casual, broader audience being the new main base.

I'm a DMC vet and I had an open mind. At this point, I see haters being nitpicky, and I KNOW most haters are biased. A huge chunk of them were once DMC4 haters and wanted something a little different/fresher, a better story....suddenly with DmC, they pretend the combat and story was flawless and DmC should have combat EXACTLY like DMC4. I seriously can't fathom that type of logic, it's ridiculous.

What's even more so is when people say "OH YEAH HS AND ENSLAVED BAD GAMES" psshttt oh please, they were high quality ADVENTURE narrative titles. They are not freakin' hack n slashes like DMC. HS is a hack n slash but in a DIFFERENT respect, it's not about doing DMC type of combos, the focus for its system is different. Enslaved is completely different in its system as well. I'd agree the games are bad if they TRIED to be like Bayonetta or DMC but thing is, THEY ARE NOT they have a different focus for their gameplay, and this is exactly why I just can't help but *facepalm* when people relate DmC to those two games. The only similarities I've seen so far issss......ummm....oh you hold shoulder buttons for two stances....that's it. Mechanics=DIFFERENT, focus=DIFFERENT, abilities=DIFFERENT

I encourage anyone here, if you thoroughly enjoyed the demo or support it (whether openly or secretly or you're on the fence), then go buy the game full and brand new. What's crazy is people think "HMMMM If DmC does bad, we get DMC5 yayyy" NO. While there's a chance of that, don't count on it being 100% true, it's actually an unlikely scenario. The big guys at Capcom will just PULL THE PLUG on the series because it's no longer profitable. The whole reason for the reboot is because "DMC is not profitable enough" to Capcom; so they decided to change it all up instead of just pulling the plug. If the change doesn't work, I doubt Capcom is ready to waste their time developing a DMC5 that won't garner the audience they are looking for. Reboots take elements of a series, re-imagines them, then gets it to a new audience, a new generation.

Time to pre-order this game, pre-paying in FULL
#34AlxanderVIIPosted 11/29/2012 10:47:37 AM
wow I just start checking out this board and after looking around the net I am utterly dumbfounded by the excessive hate this game is getting, it may not be the be all end all combo/beat-em-up but Im pretty sure I played a game called dmc2, and I would have so much preferred this than that. just saying
---
400% more awesome! Also, Torgue doesn't make their guns out of freakin' wood!!!!!!
#35Tales_of_MasterPosted 11/29/2012 10:47:39 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
Tales_of_Master posted...
Disliking a game because you assume it will take the original's place (something Capcom specifically denied)

Link? Because capcom said multiple times thatt hey'll decide what to do with both series only after DmC is released.

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/original-devil-may-cry-to-return-probably.11515/

This is not the same article I was thinking of, but it illustrate my point just fine. I think that Capcom know pretty well by now that a lot of people don't like the new direction, so I'm pretty confidant that we didn't see the last of Dante yet.
---
Official Masakado of the SMT IV boards...
Waiting for: DS: Soul Hackers, SMTIV, JJBA All-Stars Battle, Injustice GAU, Ace Attorney 5, Tales of Hearts R
#36VolcanoBoulderPosted 11/29/2012 10:48:53 AM
SilentPhenomed posted...
I find it disgusting when people want a company and their product hat took YEARS of effort to put into to fail.

Agreed.
#37VolcanoBoulderPosted 11/29/2012 10:49:16 AM
AlxanderVII posted...
wow I just start checking out this board and after looking around the net I am utterly dumbfounded by the excessive hate this game is getting, it may not be the be all end all combo/beat-em-up but Im pretty sure I played a game called dmc2, and I would have so much preferred this than that. just saying

Also agreed.
#38stevenbobPosted 11/29/2012 10:53:38 AM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
This is the first DMC spin-off pretty much (major title, but not in the original main series).
Capcom is king of having multiple versions of a series running simultaneous.
I don't get why people are so scared.

ya but money speaks for itself...if capcom finds DmC more profiting, since the only possible way for them to profit is by gaining more casuals, then they will cater to them and continue on this universe rather than the originals

Megaman.
Street Fighter.
Monster Hunter.
Resident Evil.
All of which have gone through this before.

I understand that the likeliness is far lower with Capcom doing the same with DMC, but it's not completely out of the question.

Mega Man at most 2 series were running at a time one was portable one was console with the exception of the time when classic and x were both going and when legends and x were going

street fighter whens the next sf2 alpha or three coming out once one game got its footing the other older one died

monster hunter only one game is developed at a time they only focus on that game afterwords the only time they had 2 games at the same time was for portable third and tri and even then it was a year later

resident evil side stories

so all you really have to defend yourself is resident evil but hey at least you proved something kinda?
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#39_Uwye_Posted 11/29/2012 11:01:05 AM
SilentPhenomed posted...
The big guys at Capcom will just PULL THE PLUG on the series because it's no longer profitable.

DMC is their more proftiable series after SF, RE and MH and they would know very well why the game bombed. Terrible argument.

The whole reason for the reboot is because "DMC is not profitable enough" to Capcom; so they decided to change it all up instead of just pulling the plug.

Ahahahah, what? No, they decided to reboot because they wanted more money, not because it wasn't profitable. If a simple action game that sold 2.6 isn't profitable then what about Dragon's Dogma? One of If the most expensive games they ever made*, sold only 1.2 millions** and yet a sequel is being made***. WHAAAAAA? Bu-bu-but 2.6 millions for the much cheaper DMC4 weren't enough, how can that be!?

*http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/422519/interview_capcom_video_game_director_hideaki_itsuno/

**http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html <---position 42

***http://www.computerandvideogames.com/355134/dragons-dogma-sequel-confirmed/
#40KyryloPosted 11/29/2012 11:07:44 AM
I wait till it 15 $ worth used than buy it.