Please dont buy this game new

#41HellFire-BahamuPosted 11/29/2012 10:07:59 AM
stevenbob posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
This is the first DMC spin-off pretty much (major title, but not in the original main series).
Capcom is king of having multiple versions of a series running simultaneous.
I don't get why people are so scared.

ya but money speaks for itself...if capcom finds DmC more profiting, since the only possible way for them to profit is by gaining more casuals, then they will cater to them and continue on this universe rather than the originals

Megaman.
Street Fighter.
Monster Hunter.
Resident Evil.
All of which have gone through this before.

I understand that the likeliness is far lower with Capcom doing the same with DMC, but it's not completely out of the question.

Mega Man at most 2 series were running at a time one was portable one was console with the exception of the time when classic and x were both going and when legends and x were going

street fighter whens the next sf2 alpha or three coming out once one game got its footing the other older one died

monster hunter only one game is developed at a time they only focus on that game afterwords the only time they had 2 games at the same time was for portable third and tri and even then it was a year later

resident evil side stories

so all you really have to defend yourself is resident evil but hey at least you proved something kinda?

The Megaman Battle Network Series, the Megaman Zero series, and Megaman X all ran alongside eachother. Then the Megaman ZX series ran alongside the Megaman Star Force series.
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike still maintained a following after Street Fighter 4 was released and Capcom supported that fanbase with a update to current consoles.
Let alone the fact that they had MvC3, and Street Fighter X Tekken running alongside eachother to this day with support for both.
Monster Hunter 3 for Wii U and 3DS will run alongside Monster Hunter 4, along with the inevitable Vita MH game.
And Resident Evil has so many spin-off games running alongside eachother that it's not even fun to joke about anymore.
Just because they didn't come out on the same day or the same year doesn't mean they aren't running alongside eachother.
Look at CoD. They have 2 series running alongside eachother. A Modern Warfare last year, a Black Ops this year, with a new Modern Warfare inbound for next year.
If that's still not enough for you, then yup, OG DMC is doomed.
Should've bought more copies :/
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#42HellFire-BahamuPosted 11/29/2012 10:12:06 AM
I honestly think the reboot occurred, because they'd run out of things to do with the series.
With DMC4 adding the much needed grab to the series, what else could they have really done? They'd about exhausted every practical input by DMC4 between Nero and Dante and they even said that Dante was overpowered by DMC4. Another game in Dante's life would've left him fighting in space against deep space demons while throwing galaxies like shuriken, lol.
---
#43_Uwye_Posted 11/29/2012 10:17:59 AM(edited)
With DMC4 adding the much needed grab to the series, what else could they have really done? They'd about exhausted every practical input by DMC4 between Nero and Dante

By the same token Bayonetta couldn't have invented nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics. Hint: it did.

Dude, face reality. The only reason for this reboot is money. They thought old fans would have been automatically on board while the more casual crowd would have digged the simplifications and the western style.
#44DlaisPosted 11/29/2012 10:23:33 AM
I'll make sure to buy it day 1.
#45HellFire-BahamuPosted 11/29/2012 10:32:18 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
With DMC4 adding the much needed grab to the series, what else could they have really done? They'd about exhausted every practical input by DMC4 between Nero and Dante

By the same token Bayonetta couldn't have invented nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics. Hint: it did.

Dude, face reality. The only reason for this reboot is money. They thought old fans would have been automatically on board while the more casual crowd would have digged the simplifications and the western style.

No, it's blatantly clear that this is for money.
They wouldn't be catering to casuals if it wasn't.
They didn't think old fans would immediately be on board, cause they've said otherwise.

You've got me on the Bayonetta part though. When it comes to Bayonetta, I feel like it refined the combat system, but wasn't neccessarily the best hack-n-slash. DMC4 and Bayonetta had a lot of similarities but pretty blatantly different combat focuses, let alone the fact that even Bayonetta seemed like it was finding every input possible to designate to moves.
---
#46Huzah7Posted 11/29/2012 10:35:12 AM
Buying DmC just to spite all these haters.
I think it'll be a good game, and I gladly welcome the change.
#47Bleach313Posted 11/29/2012 10:37:38 AM
Yeah I want to play the game to try it out but I don't want to support it. I plan on getting it used when it's cheaper. I can't stand Dino by his looks or personality but the gameplay makes me want to play it.

So I'm gonna try it, but I'm definitely not gonna buy it.
#48SadCubsFan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 10:39:57 AM
I know too many people where I live who're buying this game.
You can stay disgruntled and not buy it all.
I'm going to support.
I like this game.
And I can do what I want.
'Merica.

You can buy it used so Capcom doesn't see a dime
#49HellFire-BahamuPosted 11/29/2012 10:44:00 AM
SadCubsFan posted...
I'm going to support.
I like this game.
'Merica.

Or I can support them for making a game I want, so they can get money, so people don't lose their jobs.
And I don't like paying for DLC I can easily get for free.
---
#50SadCubsFan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 10:46:47 AM
SadCubsFan posted...
I'm going to support.
I like this game.
'Merica.

Or I can support them for making a game I want, so they can get money, so people don't lose their jobs.
And I don't like paying for DLC I can easily get for free.

So we keep getting more of the same garbage?

Going a new direction is fine, but why give DMC to a developer that's notoriously bad when it comes to combat? Have any of you defenders actually played Heavenly Sword? Beyond awful in terms of gameplay