Please dont buy this game new

#51HellFire-BahamuPosted 11/29/2012 10:53:31 AM
SadCubsFan posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
SadCubsFan posted...
I know too many people where I live who're buying this game.
You can stay disgruntled and not buy it all.
I'm going to support.
I like this game.
And I can do what I want.
'Merica.

You can buy it used so Capcom doesn't see a dime

Or I can support them for making a game I want, so they can get money, so people don't lose their jobs.
And I don't like paying for DLC I can easily get for free.

So we keep getting more of the same garbage?

Going a new direction is fine, but why give DMC to a developer that's notoriously bad when it comes to combat? Have any of you defenders actually played Heavenly Sword? Beyond awful in terms of gameplay

It was a PS3 launch title. For it's time and what it was going for, it was fine. It was the companies first big game and it was less DMC and more GoW. It's not garbage, but it wasn't perfect either, cause it was so early in the consoles cycle.
One mans trash is another mans treasure.
You'll be disgruntled.
I'll be happy.
I still ultimately get what I want.
You don't :/
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#52SadCubsFan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 10:54:10 AM
Enslaved wasn't a launch title and was even worse
#53Dragoon_KailPosted 11/29/2012 10:57:06 AM
*yawns* none of you are very interesting on this thread, oh well
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#54HellFire-BahamuPosted 11/29/2012 10:58:33 AM
SadCubsFan posted...
Enslaved wasn't a launch title and was even worse

Critically acclaimed.
Lack of advertising.
Didn't sell enough.

Game was just fine before people found out NT was making DmC.
People treated these games as credible before and most with a professional gaming opinion still highly regard the game (it's story atleast. It's unanimous that the gameplay was meh).
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#55SilentPhenomedPosted 11/29/2012 10:59:02 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
SilentPhenomed posted...
The big guys at Capcom will just PULL THE PLUG on the series because it's no longer profitable.

DMC is their more proftiable series after SF, RE and MH and they would know very well why the game bombed. Terrible argument.

The whole reason for the reboot is because "DMC is not profitable enough" to Capcom; so they decided to change it all up instead of just pulling the plug.

Ahahahah, what? No, they decided to reboot because they wanted more money, not because it wasn't profitable. If a simple action game that sold 2.6 isn't profitable then what about Dragon's Dogma? One of If the most expensive games they ever made*, sold only 1.2 millions** and yet a sequel is being made***. WHAAAAAA? Bu-bu-but 2.6 millions for the much cheaper DMC4 weren't enough, how can that be!?

*http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/422519/interview_capcom_video_game_director_hideaki_itsuno/

**http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html <---position 42

***http://www.computerandvideogames.com/355134/dragons-dogma-sequel-confirmed/

*facepalm* AFTER SF, RE, and MH, it's still not profitable enough for them. It doesn't matter if DMC4 went past expectation sales and etc. and all that jazz, FACT IS the main dudes at Capcom, whether it be the CEO, whether it be the board of directors who gives advice to the company, etc., those people did not care and wanted DMC rebooted to get more profit. If it doesn't get more profit, it's futile to continue the series and they very well may pull the plug if it doesn't do well "IN THEIR EYES." That's why we don't have another Onimusha. You say terrible argument but you ACT as if you know better than the Capcom businessman. I don't speculate, I just take what I know. The reason my argument is not incorrect is because I used economics and understanding of business to figure it out; companies want profit, and after Capcom said things like wanting DMC to be selling 5 million copies, it's clear they want to get to that Activision/EA money making level.

Also, don't twist my words, I stated "NOT PROFITABLE ENOUGH." Key word is "ENOUGH." Furthermore, Dragon Dogma is getting a new sequel expected to have many more sales because new IPs tend not to have as many sales as their sequels, so it's expected. New IPs are established to get the series started then a sequel is put out with higher sales expected. And Dragon Dogma, as of right now, isn't exactly at that same level of significance to Capcom has Devil May Cry, it's one of those games they may or may not try to be a billion dollar series, just like Activision with Prototype.

Put all the links you want, it doesn't make you right. Everything I said can be backed by economics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JYP_wU1JTU

You'll have to watch more than that vid if you want to really learn economics, but yeah.
#56_Uwye_Posted 11/29/2012 11:00:11 AM
No, it's blatantly clear that this is for money.
They wouldn't be catering to casuals if it wasn't.
They didn't think old fans would immediately be on board, cause they've said otherwise.

Immediately no, but I think they imagined that after some whining most would have just accepted the change. It makes no sense otherwise.

let alone the fact that even Bayonetta seemed like it was finding every input possible to designate to moves.

That's simple to explain. Without using the d-pad for something It's pretty hard to put a bazillion of moves in a game like this if you don't go with unconventional inputs. Add that he tried to make the game less lock-on dependant and...well...
#57SadCubsFan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 11:02:41 AM
The only thing about enslaved people liked was the story telling. Ninja Theory does good at that. Hell, they're the best company at lip synching in the business

but it doesn't make them a good fit for DMC. They don't know how to do gameplay at all
#58paranormalistPosted 11/29/2012 11:03:28 AM
I think it's hilariously ironic how hate posts keep pre-release Capcom games in the top ten. It just creates buzz FOR the game, especially people who just browse, see this board in the top ten for months straight and don't actually click on this board.
---
Because I care.
#59SilentPhenomedPosted 11/29/2012 11:06:03 AM
SadCubsFan posted...
SadCubsFan posted...
I know too many people where I live who're buying this game.
You can stay disgruntled and not buy it all.
I'm going to support.
I like this game.
And I can do what I want.
'Merica.

You can buy it used so Capcom doesn't see a dime

Or I can support them for making a game I want, so they can get money, so people don't lose their jobs.
And I don't like paying for DLC I can easily get for free.

So we keep getting more of the same garbage?

Going a new direction is fine, but why give DMC to a developer that's notoriously bad when it comes to combat? Have any of you defenders actually played Heavenly Sword? Beyond awful in terms of gameplay

If DmC doesn't do well, expect a huge chance for the plug pulled. Either take that risk or just learn to enjoy DmC (as in stop being biased and stop being attached to a fictional character); learn to be open minded, it'll be healthier and more enjoyable.

And Capcom is mainly behind designing combat....NT has a hand in it, but Capcom sort of has taken over, putting in the hardcore stuff and fluidity/60 fps feel, while NT puts in the cinematic moments in combat and offers ideas to help casualize (capcom wants it more casualized; they want a balance it seems between casual and hardcore).

And yeah, I've played HS, it was a GOOD game. But that's because I didn't expect it to be devil may cry. It was a rather amazing game, quite decent gameplay; that's because NT didn't intend HS to be a Devil May Cry type of game with complex combos and whatnot, it had a different focus. Same with Enslaved. NT HAS gotten "inspiration" from devil may cry, but inspiration doesn't mean they try to mimic, it could mean it gave them the mere incentive to do a hack n slash type of game. Regardless, it's not supposed to be like Bayonetta or DMC. If it was, yeah it's horrible. But it's not, and that's why it's a GOOD game, same with Enslaved. They both have GOOD stories as well, unlike DMC. At least with HS and Enslaved, there's like a "author's purpose" so to speak behind them with good character development. DMC lacked character development except for like Nero (somewhat; even then it wasn't well done). And with DMC, if you explained the story to someone they will see no purpose in it. Seriously, tell me what the "author's purpose" of DMC is? Why should I care what's going on, what are the DMC teams trying to tell us via story? Oh wait nothing? It's just entertainment? That "entertainment" merely means one thing: The story isn't important, it's a PLACEHOLDER to just move things along.
#60QCTeamkillPosted 11/29/2012 11:13:57 AM
If I don't want to pay full price, I rather buy a game at reduced price rather than used.

It's a choice of the lesser of two evils. The markup reseller stores *cough it's the gamespot board so I'll behave* make on used games is just beyond reasonable. Industrial cannibalism is what it is.

It's like eating a tumor because it's cheap meat.