Please dont buy this game new

#61_Uwye_Posted 11/29/2012 11:32:53 AM(edited)
SilentPhenomed posted...
*facepalm* AFTER SF, RE, and MH, it's still not profitable enough for them.

If DMC is not profitable then what is? Dead rising sold less (on more platforms to boot), Lost Planet sold less, why are those series still going?

It doesn't matter if DMC4 went past expectation sales and etc. and all that jazz, FACT IS the main dudes at Capcom, whether it be the CEO, whether it be the board of directors who gives advice to the company, etc., those people did not care and wanted DMC rebooted to get more profit. If it doesn't get more profit, it's futile to continue the series and they very well may pull the plug if it doesn't do well "IN THEIR EYES."

This would make sense if Capcom had a lot more series that sell more than DMC, especially if done by the DMC team. In that case I could understand pulling the plug because in their eyes it's not worth the opportunity cost. But that's not the case here. They rebooted because, they figured, with some changes it would sell much much more. But with all the backlash if it doesn't they would know exactly why. But according to you they would just throw away one of their best selling series just because, as if they have a dozen of multi-million sellers series going and they can afford the luxury, especially now.

Also, story time. DMC2 sold significantly less than DMC1. Yet, since they knew why they still produced DMC3. Which sold less than DMC2. But again, since they knew why (the reason being the previous game) they still produced DMC4. Which sold more than DMC1.

Going by your logic the series should be already dead by a decade.

Also, don't twist my words, I stated "NOT PROFITABLE ENOUGH." Key word is "ENOUGH."

"Unrealistic expectations" isn't the same as "not profitable enough". You said that they rebooted because otherwise they would have just pulled the plug. Why? Again, if a game like DMC4 isn't profitable enough then what is? There are only ten games throughout Capcom's history that have sold more than DMC4. TEN GAMES. With half of them being more than ten years old. But no. DMC4 isn't profitable enough, let's pull the plug.

Put all the links you want, it doesn't make you right.

I'm sure that your theory that goes against logic is much more sound.
#62hyjinx17Posted 11/29/2012 11:38:50 AM
If you don't buy this game new, don't buy it at all. If you don't want to support the company that's fine, but then you shouldn't get to play their game. If you're interested enough to play it, you should pay the people who made it.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#63drclaeysPosted 11/29/2012 11:51:27 AM
Friends,

someone has to buy games new. If we dont, all the small and medium sized dev houses go out. we are only stuck with like 2 or 3 BIG mega development houses, and we have only first person shooters to play.

but you might want to wait for feedback, and watch youtube videos, to help you deside.

Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#64CLock6919Posted 11/29/2012 12:01:49 PM
I love ninja theory and I thought the demo was incredible.
---
"I'm a teenage assassin executing some fun." - St. Jimmy
Please feed the trolls, it's hilarious!
#65Sir_SpecterPosted 11/29/2012 1:13:15 PM
If you still want to buy it after the cliche stylistic choices (half demon half angels are so cool, you guys. Everyone on Deviant Art says so), then at least stop to consider the gameplay.

There's no lock on.
The bullets do no damage.
You can air juggle forever with one move.
You never have to vary your attacks because the style meter will go up regardless.
No jump cancelling.

Really? There's no reason for any of that and if people blindly buy it just because it says "DMC," then Capcom won't learn.
#66caffiend7Posted 11/29/2012 1:19:12 PM
I was never going to get this game not even a rental.
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#67SolidHaseoPosted 11/29/2012 1:25:29 PM
It won't sell well because of haters but I bet if it passes a certain threshold we'll see whether AU DMC will stay or DMC will be back or they scrap both......I still need DMC5, nero's my fav character but please give him weapons this time
---
Awaiting:MGR, DmC, AR, DS3, GOWA
Playing: DMC4, IF2, AC3, RE6, ME3, H4
#68ColonelChikenPosted 11/29/2012 1:27:53 PM
Already planned too, TC, so no worries.

I still want a conclusion to the original series before we get anything else, and if I must withhold my money from Capcom to get it, then that's what I'll do. After I get that, they can make as many DmCs as they want.
#69NarcelesPosted 11/29/2012 1:31:05 PM
Nah, I'm gonna buy it new. Too many people on this board over-value their own opinion. If I don't like a game or a movie or a food, I don't go around saying that it's going to flop and the company is going to go out of business. I accept that its not for me and I move on. Time will tell if it truly will flop.

This game's not gonna flop.
---
"Narceles, don't try to argue or reason with hippies and commies." -menalaos1971
Lazarus threw the party. Lazarus threw the fight.
#70Sir_SpecterPosted 11/29/2012 1:36:00 PM
Narceles posted...
Nah, I'm gonna buy it new. Too many people on this board over-value their own opinion. If I don't like a game or a movie or a food, I don't go around saying that it's going to flop and the company is going to go out of business. I accept that its not for me and I move on. Time will tell if it truly will flop.

This game's not gonna flop.

May I ask why? You seem less rabid than a lot of the people on either side so I'm curious. In spite of the bad gameplay changes (infinite juggle, worthless style meter, pathetic bullets, etc.), what is drawing you to buy this game?

I also really wanted to compliment you on your musical taste. You're one of two At The Drive In fans I've ever seen.