What people dont understand

#21mahroflcopterPosted 11/29/2012 10:29:03 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
roxas9001 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
roxas9001 posted...
For the millionth time DmCrap isn't a prequel, Dante isn't some half angel half demon band reject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OP9i3jenls0

Ooh! Burned!!!

lol he's wrong.

How can he be wrong if he's the guy that plays Dante? You're not part of the production staff so you can't say what is right and what is wrong.

Capcom and Ninja Theory have confirmed it to be a reboot on top of being set in a parallel universe. On top of that, Dante and Vergil were never half-angel; Eva was a human, not an Angel; I could go on. Moreover, most of the events shown in DmC would be a complete contradiction to the established events of Devil May Cry 3 (Vergil was not taken in by an affluent family; Vergil was never the leader of a rebel organization; Dante was actually younger in Devil May Cry 3 than he is in DmC: Devil may Cry; Dante doesn't find Mundus for another ten years after Devil May Cry 3; etc) and Devil May Cry 1 (Dante only met Mundus once and that was during the events of Devil May Cry... so the fact that Dante is fighting Mundus now in DmC is a contradiction; Mundus did not take over the world; Sparda is presumably dead in Devil May Cry and there was no hints saying he was taken captive; etc) and to the the overall world of Devil May Cry.

It doesn't matter what the voice actor said... Capcom, Ninja Theory, the producer, the director, and the writer all say otherwise.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.
#22Pesmerga255Posted 11/29/2012 10:45:59 AM
Why would capcom allow the "Becoming Dante" thing to get released if the guy that's playing him is saying it's a prequel. That's just spreading false information.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#23mahroflcopterPosted 11/29/2012 10:53:07 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Why would capcom allow the "Becoming Dante" thing to get released if the guy that's playing him is saying it's a prequel. That's just spreading false information.

And that would be a new thing for Capcom...how?

Look, Capcom and Ninja Theory couldn't keep their story straight for over a year (Ninja Theory said reboot... Capcom said prequel; Capcom moves on to reboot... Ninja Theory goes back to prequel; they both move on from prequel... Capcom says origin story while Ninja Theory says reimagining; hell, it was called a preboot (prequel and reboot combined) on top of being a spiritual successor all at once; and so on and so forth) to begin with, so one more slip up is hardly anything new.

The official statement for right now: DmC is set in an alternate universe/parallel dimension and follows a Dante that is somewhat similar to the original but different at the same time for obvious reasons. He has a different backstory, personality, etc. Capcom has also differentiated DmC and DMC saying "DMC can always come back". They're two different universes.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.