Did DMC1 have the level of depth that DMC3 had?

#1xXxHaVeNPosted 11/29/2012 1:33:05 PM
I never really played it with JC in mind and such as I was quite young when I went through it and had no idea about terms, tech, etc. Was all of this high level play introduced in DMC3? Did the entirety of all those techniques carry over into DMC4? Or was it watered down?
---
GT: xXxHaVeN117
CoD is the best game series ever and it will never be topped ever never.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 11/29/2012 1:34:05 PM
DmC certainly does.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3FireMage7777Posted 11/29/2012 1:37:30 PM
The concept of style and move variance came into play in DMC3. DMC1 has really not withstood the test of time due to the rest of the franchise, but it is what laid the foundation for a lot of what came afterward
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#4stevenbobPosted 11/29/2012 1:39:35 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
The concept of style and move variance came into play in DMC3. DMC1 has really not withstood the test of time due to the rest of the franchise, but it is what laid the foundation for a lot of what came afterward

actually like it the most out of all of them all I wanted was more weapons and more costumes
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#5mmSNAKEPosted 11/29/2012 1:40:58 PM
DMC1 did not have the crazy combo potential that came in DMC3. The only JC I can think of was shotgun hiking.

In contrast your weapons and DT were more powerful than they are in DMC3.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#6QCTeamkillPosted 11/29/2012 1:41:23 PM
I played all of them as they came out, played it a lot on DMD and talked about it with friends and nobody was using reload canceling or jump cancelling or stun locking Nelo Angelo.

There was no YouTube or whatever, those tricks were reserved to a niche of players.

I, personally, still see jump cancelling as a glitch in enemy step that became a "feature" because obviously it was overpowered and difficult to pull off.

Only when DMC4 came out that I learned about all those gimmicks and I still find many of the "features" an abuse to the game's mechanic.
#7Pesmerga255Posted 11/29/2012 1:49:16 PM
mmSNAKE posted...
DMC1 did not have the crazy combo potential that came in DMC3. The only JC I can think of was shotgun hiking.

In contrast your weapons and DT were more powerful than they are in DMC3.

It handles itself like a more action-y PSX Resident Evil than anything else.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#8KyryloPosted 11/29/2012 1:55:57 PM
Dmc was certainly harder than DMC3. Final Boss was pain in butt and Nelo Angelo could have kill you with 3 strikes on DMD with maximum life energy. That aside it won't gave you any chance to refill items, since you couldn'T choose level. And dmc 1 featured one of the most amazing generic enemies. Basically they have their own combo builds, carried different weapons and changed attitude depending on situation.
#9GoldsicklePosted 11/29/2012 1:56:30 PM
If one considers DMC1 as a gem, it's an unpolished one.

All the improvements seen in 3, 4 & even 2 were done without Hideki Kamiya's involvement.

When Hideki Kamiya was developing Bayonetta, he researched DMC4 just to keep up with the times, because he himself acknowledged that the stuff he did in DMC was not up to date.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#10mortredcritPosted 11/29/2012 2:07:03 PM
Take note, DMC1 was still using RE1 like tank controls for maneuverability. Great for RE which they got out of it in the middle of the series but not tremendous for a H&S franchise in the making.
---
~Thank you for your irrelevant opinion~