Did DMC1 have the level of depth that DMC3 had?

#101NofumasaPosted 12/1/2012 4:58:05 AM
So if Kamiya makes it, he'd most likely use Nero with CSE just like Itsuno.

The problem with giving it back to Itsuno is how the DMC3/DMC4 isn't complete anymore. Some of them either moved to PG or to other companies. There's about 30% of the talent staying at Capcom.
---
I am Nofumasa Baba.
Brother of Nobufasa Baba.
#102Pesmerga255Posted 12/1/2012 4:58:42 AM
Nofumasa posted...

The problem with giving it back to Itsuno is how the DMC3/DMC4 isn't complete anymore. Some of them either moved to PG or to other companies. There's about 30% of the talent staying at Capcom.

30% talent is still better than what NT has to offer. 0%.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#103Xaldin0011Posted 12/1/2012 5:34:38 AM
Goldsickle posted...
mmSNAKE posted...
How does it not work in that case for a game like The Walking Dead.

Never played TWD. Is it full of QTE to begin or is it just full of context-sensitive actions?
People keep confusing the two, just because they both consist of button prompts popping up on-screen.

mmSNAKE posted...
All your points don't hold any ground.

Your points don't hold any ground either.

Everything you say is wrong.

I win this argument.

Seriously, do you lack the capabilities to explain?
Like why my points "don't hold any ground"?

You keep missing my point that Simon Says is not a substitute for actual gameplay.

And as I mentioned, you're all just looking at things from a player's perspective.
If you actually programmed things or worked with a programmer, you can see how QTE is nothing more than lazy program-bypassing.

If you wanna go from the "immersion" angle, then it's also stupid.
Games can't be movies.
Keep the gameplay and cutscene segments separated. No need to mix them up when current technology can only provide makeshift interactivity.

FireMage7777 posted...
It has a use,

To substitute gameplay when programmers are too lazy or incompetent to actually code things.

Hell, FFVII used it for Tifa's limit break.

You're just another of those people who don't really know what QTE is.

You call everything a QTE just because it has a button prompt.

This is probably the stupidest thing I've read all week.
---
"Xaldin is a prophet." - lamerhater
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#104vhunter14Posted 12/1/2012 6:06:17 AM
Goldsickle posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
2 had no improvements over 1

Quick weapon swap, unless you want to pause the game and see a flashy animation every time you want to change firearms.

Also, the button formation of 3 & 4 follows 2's mapping, not 1.

2 also introduced mission select, instead of being forced to replay the missions from the start, in order.

R3 in 1 changed devil arms.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#105SlaveBladePosted 12/1/2012 6:30:35 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Nofumasa posted...

30% talent is still better than what NT has to offer. 0%.

Hyperbole wins arguments, right?
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#106NofumasaPosted 12/1/2012 8:49:39 AM
Why are we arguing about QTEs again? Button mashes are QTEs, so tthey should be fine in DMC. Well in Nero's gameplay anyway.
---
I am Nofumasa Baba.
Brother of Nobufasa Baba.
#107mmSNAKEPosted 12/1/2012 10:35:22 AM
Your points don't hold any ground either.

Everything you say is wrong.

I really didn't give any... I gave you an example and asked you disprove it. If you could do it, maybe I could take you seriously, but the way you kept going on I doubt you can explain it anyway. Since simon says won't explain the way the walking dead functions.

The game is an interactive movie. It's a game, it still has interaction, you make choices, create character development, and decide important things. Besides your part in it, it plays like a film.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#108GoldsicklePosted 12/1/2012 11:48:35 AM(edited)
vhunter14 posted...
R3 in 1 changed devil arms.

I already pointed out that it was slow and not functional.

Nofumasa posted...
Why are we arguing about QTEs again?

Because my sig attracts all the weirdos who thinks QTE is the future of gaming.

mmSNAKE posted...
Since simon says won't explain the way the walking dead functions.

The problem is that I haven't played the game.

I make it a point to only continue the argument if I can give an example that both parties can relate.
Maybe if you could use a different example.

And as I asked, are you sure whatever prompts that appeared in TWD are QTEs to begin?
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#109mmSNAKEPosted 12/1/2012 12:00:30 PM(edited)
I make it a point to only continue the argument if I can give an example that both players can related.
Maybe if you could use a different example.

Any other game by Telltale games that has it? I can't remember if all Sam & Max have them, but Back to the Future does I believe. Regardless I believe you're looking it the wrong way. The way I generally think of QTEs, is interactive cut scenes. I rather have that than just plain cut scenes in some instances. When it cuts off mid gameplay, that I don't like, but if there is a cut scene and it makes me push a button. I don't mind one bit. More interaction.

You could say why have a cut scene at all. That is design decision. Cut scenes work in showing story. Some stories are told bluntly with cut scenes while same games make the story the back seat where you piece it together with detail (like Demon's Souls/Dark Souls). One isn't better than the other. It's preference.

RE4 had some really cool moments. The knife part with Krauser was pretty awesome. I rather have it like that than either a pure cut scene or just a fight with ingame knife mechanics. Given not all QTEs were done that well in that game. Some were annoying and some felt they were put in just to have one in. But there were ones like the Krauser knife fight that really interacted well with the game. It was also cool to see all the different deaths Lion could face.

But a true example of good QTEs would be in the games like The Walking Dead, where you have a second or two to decide who lives and who dies, how characters will look at you. It feels like watching a movie and having a say so when a character does something important. Ever watched a film and shouted why the character did what he did. Well here it gives you a chance to do otherwise, not complete freedom since it's still trying to tell a story but you get to set the mood, the relationships and how to approach problems.

And as I asked, are you sure whatever prompts that appeared in TWD are QTEs to begin?

The game gives you a moment or two to press a button,die or let someone die. Yeah I'd say yes.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#110Psychochild27Posted 12/1/2012 12:02:34 PM

Yep.

You get attacked by a zombie. Q appears on screen. MASH Q.

MASHING Q.

E APPEARS ON SCREEN.

OH **** HIT E.

Zombie thoroughly ****ed.