Did DMC1 have the level of depth that DMC3 had?

#141NofumasaPosted 12/1/2012 11:41:58 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
Nofumasa posted...
SAO is **** for me. It felt apart once Kirito becomes Mr. Perfect. The fights are still fun to watch though. I prefer .hack// than SAO. I started JoJo's Bizarre Adventure recently and loving it. Oh and... I like Chuunibyou.

Mr Perfect?

Suddenly every girl and even his sister wants his dick. It's like Persona 4's brotagonist swag leaked into Kirito. Still watching it because my brother's loving it and watches it on my computer.
---
I am Nofumasa Baba.
Brother of Nobufasa Baba.
#142GoldsicklePosted 12/2/2012 3:55:13 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Obviously you don't know what a QTE is.

Look who's talking.

QTE was first used to call interactive cutscenes.

The problem with people like you is that you slap "QTE" on anything that has a button prompt.

mmSNAKE posted...
That is your preference,

I thought I made it clear in my sentence.

And why not?

Lazy design.
I'm looking at the game from a development perspective.
Even I don't stoop to "interactive storyline" when I develop browser games.

I'm aware that certain not-really-a-game games have it's own charm and it's own fanbase.
But like I said, the whole thing looks lazy from a development perspective.
It's almost like an insult to developers who actually took the trouble to code in physics and stats.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#143SlaveBladePosted 12/2/2012 7:45:51 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I recently watched (and liked) Angel Beats. It was pretty cool. It was sad at times, but pretty funny. I can't remember how old it is, but it's not new.....

I made the mistake of marathoning that before work one day. I was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster lol.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#144FireMage7777Posted 12/2/2012 10:46:02 AM
Goldsickle posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Obviously you don't know what a QTE is.

Look who's talking.

QTE was first used to call interactive cutscenes.

The problem with people like you is that you slap "QTE" on anything that has a button prompt.

mmSNAKE posted...
That is your preference,

I thought I made it clear in my sentence.

And why not?

Lazy design.
I'm looking at the game from a development perspective.
Even I don't stoop to "interactive storyline" when I develop browser games.

I'm aware that certain not-really-a-game games have it's own charm and it's own fanbase.
But like I said, the whole thing looks lazy from a development perspective.
It's almost like an insult to developers who actually took the trouble to code in physics and stats.

No, QTE's are used in more than cutscenes. Try again. Also don't act like you know how a game should be developed with your little browser games...
---
This is a "boss" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmIldyRCOkA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
#145SadCubsFanPosted 12/2/2012 10:49:33 AM
DMC1 had BY FAR the best AI in the series
#146GoldsicklePosted 12/2/2012 11:31:14 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
No, QTE's are used in more than cutscenes.

Still doesn't change that context-sensitive actions or random button prompts are not QTE.
---
#147Pesmerga255Posted 12/2/2012 11:32:10 AM
SadCubsFan posted...
DMC1 had BY FAR the best AI in the series

Dude, 2 has the best AI, look at the way the enemies keep on running into your bullets.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#148FireMage7777Posted 12/2/2012 11:40:58 AM
Goldsickle posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
No, QTE's are used in more than cutscenes.

Still doesn't change that context-sensitive actions or random button prompts are not QTE.

Still being ambiguous with the difference, oh that's right, because you have no clue what you're talking about
---
This is a "boss" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmIldyRCOkA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
#149GoldsicklePosted 12/2/2012 11:53:17 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Still being ambiguous with the difference, oh that's right, because you have no clue what you're talking about

Most of the stuff you described are either CSA or just random mechanics that happen to have an on-screen button prompt.

You're just a confused fanboy who doesn't know what's a QTE and slapping it on anything with a button prompt.

And your "you don't know what you're talking about" BS is getting tiring.
I know what I'm talking about, because I can differentiate between QTE, CSA, random on-screen prompt and dial-up mechanics.

Apparently, you can't.
You're like one of those people who called MGS4 "just another shooter" simply because Snake can shoot in over-the-shoulder view.
Or those who called anything with fixed camera "prerendered backgrounds".

I guess you can only resort to this now because you can't prove that Simon Says Events can be a replacement for actual gameplay and that they're supposed to be 'immersing'.

But at the end of the day, I'm still happy people like you never get involved in game development.
---
#150Pesmerga255Posted 12/2/2012 11:54:59 AM
Goldsickle posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

Most of the stuff you described are either CSA or just random mechanics that happen to have an on-screen button prompt.

You're just a confused fanboy who doesn't know what's a QTE and slapping it on anything with a button prompt.

And your "you don't know what you're talking about" BS is getting tiring.
I know what I'm talking about, because I can differentiate between QTE, CSA, random on-screen prompt and dial-up mechanics.

Apparently, you can't.
You're like one of those people who called MGS4 "just another shooter" simply because Snake can shoot in over-the-shoulder view.
Or those who called anything with fixed camera "prerendered backgrounds".

I guess you can only resort to this now because you can't prove that Simon Says Events can be a replacement for actual gameplay and that they're supposed to be 'immersing'.

But at the end of the day, I'm still happy people like you never get involved in game development.

Since you're so infinite in your wisdom, would you mind giving a detailed description of the difference between Context Sensitive Actions and Quick Time Events? Complete with examples, of course.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!