Did DMC1 have the level of depth that DMC3 had?

#41pyro_buntaPosted 11/30/2012 4:08:57 AM
So then why not let Platinum Games get it. Remember that Clover games count too. Did they use QTEs in their every game? Hell, Kamiya isn't stupid enough to add QTEs to DMC.
---
...if you know what I mean
#42GoldsicklePosted 11/30/2012 4:31:32 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
Hell, Kamiya isn't stupid enough to add QTEs to DMC.

Just following the hate-for-hating-hater's logic of "track record".

"They did so-and-so in their previous games, so it will carry on in DMC/DmC".
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#43pyro_buntaPosted 11/30/2012 4:35:04 AM
I'm just making it clear that PG is a good candidate should Capcom outsources DMC5. You have to admit that NT carried over some stuff from their previous games.
---
#44Pesmerga255Posted 11/30/2012 4:35:59 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
I'm just making it clear that PG is a good candidate should Capcom outsources DMC5. You have to admit that NT carried over some stuff from their previous games.

I'm not seeing it. The combat looks nothing like HS and Enslaved.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#45GoldsicklePosted 11/30/2012 4:47:44 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
You have to admit that NT carried over some stuff from their previous games.

Then you also have to acknowledge the possibility that PG will carry over stuff from their previous games.

Imagine getting a triple S rank with Vergil but because of a QTE finisher sequence, you missed one button press and get killed.
Despite all you've done, a "1 death" stains your results.

Dunno if you'd like that but I know I wouldn't.

One thing I also like about Hideaki Itsuno's DMC is that they don't do instant death.
No pitfalls, no death traps.
If you fall down a pit, you move to a different area (until DmC adds Bayonetta-style pitfalls).

You only die when your health is depleted.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#46chaotix247Posted 11/30/2012 4:56:50 AM
DMC1 is is like a baby step. It has some awesome moves but not many. In reality this game ("DmC") has more of a fledged out move set than DMC1.
---
I am so DAMN pissed at Capcom yet I shell out money like an idiot anyway.
Currently Playing - RE6, Black Ops 2, RE4, DMCHD, RECVX
#47pyro_buntaPosted 11/30/2012 5:25:00 AM
Goldsickle posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
You have to admit that NT carried over some stuff from their previous games.

Then you also have to acknowledge the possibility that PG will carry over stuff from their previous games.

Imagine getting a triple S rank with Vergil but because of a QTE finisher sequence, you missed one button press and get killed.
Despite all you've done, a "1 death" stains your results.

Dunno if you'd like that but I know I wouldn't.

One thing I also like about Hideaki Itsuno's DMC is that they don't do instant death.
No pitfalls, no death traps.
If you fall down a pit, you move to a different area (until DmC adds Bayonetta-style pitfalls).

You only die when your health is depleted.

Of course, but I doubt Kamiya would even include QTE after he played and liked DMC3. Besides, Kamiya isn't the only guy working at PG. As for DmC and NT, it has Heavy-Light attacks like Heavenly Sword, similar artstyle (well the same actually) as Enslaved, as with focus to "story" as with their other 2 games.
---
#48Xaldin0011Posted 11/30/2012 5:35:24 AM
I have no clue why Ninja Theory is praised for their story so much. Heavenly Sword's story was entertaining, sure, for the 5 hours it lasted. But it never made me want to replay the game nor did it do anything amazing or unique. I'd have to like the character, story, or gameplay enough to want to replay it and Nariko was as generic amazon woman you can get. And I don't even need to mention gameplay.
---
"Xaldin is a prophet." - lamerhater
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#49AlexxShadenk777Posted 11/30/2012 5:41:31 AM
No but it definitely had better level design, better enemy design, better soundtrack and Dante's outfit was was cooler. Plus Alastor, Ifrit and Sparda are still the best looking Devil Arms so far in the series.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#50Pesmerga255Posted 11/30/2012 5:42:30 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
No but it definitely had better level design, better enemy design, better soundtrack and Dante's outfit was was cooler. Plus Alastor, Ifrit and Sparda are still the best looking Devil Arms so far in the series.

Beowulf is coller than Ifrit.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!