Did DMC1 have the level of depth that DMC3 had?

#51ChaoticKnucklesPosted 11/30/2012 6:53:35 AM
mortredcrit posted...
Take note, DMC1 was still using RE1 like tank controls for maneuverability. Great for RE which they got out of it in the middle of the series but not tremendous for a H&S franchise in the making.

Tank controls? If you call moving the analog stick in any direction and the character going in whatever direction the stick is moved in tank controls then yeah it had them. The whole reason I bought Devil May Cry when it first came out was because it DIDN'T have tank controls. Comments like this make me think some people who comment on older games have never even played them.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#52Pesmerga255Posted 11/30/2012 6:54:22 AM
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
mortredcrit posted...
Take note, DMC1 was still using RE1 like tank controls for maneuverability. Great for RE which they got out of it in the middle of the series but not tremendous for a H&S franchise in the making.

Tank controls? If you call moving the analog stick in any direction and the character going in whatever direction the stick is moved in tank controls then yeah it had them. The whole reason I bought Devil May Cry when it first came out was because it DIDN'T have tank controls. Comments like this make me think some people who comment on older games have never even played them.

He probably thinks that mainly static cameras = tank controls.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#53ChaoticKnucklesPosted 11/30/2012 7:00:21 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
mortredcrit posted...

He probably thinks that mainly static cameras = tank controls.

Apparently so. I absolutely hate tank controls, never would have bought the original game if it had them.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#54pyro_buntaPosted 11/30/2012 7:34:23 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
No but it definitely had better level design, better enemy design, better soundtrack and Dante's outfit was was cooler. Plus Alastor, Ifrit and Sparda are still the best looking Devil Arms so far in the series.

Beowulf is coller than Ifrit.

Gilgamesh feels more ATATATATATATATATATA too me. I like all the gauntlet weapons though. Just that Gilgamesh's design and dem sawboots made it my favorite.
---
...if you know what I mean
#55Xaldin0011Posted 11/30/2012 8:24:57 AM
I like Ifrit the most, if only because a fist full of fire looks more painful and gratifying to hit someone with. When I attacked with Ifrit it really felt like someone was get punched hard, and that was still there for Beowulf and Gilgamesh, but it just wasn't as good.
---
"Xaldin is a prophet." - lamerhater
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#56Pesmerga255Posted 11/30/2012 8:27:40 AM
Xaldin0011 posted...
I like Ifrit the most, if only because a fist full of fire looks more painful and gratifying to hit someone with. When I attacked with Ifrit it really felt like someone was get punched hard, and that was still there for Beowulf and Gilgamesh, but it just wasn't as good.

I really like the fact that Beowulf is a light-type weapon. It also has the awesome Shoryuuken -> Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku combo attack.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#57StopthinkPosted 11/30/2012 9:21:12 AM
RISING DRAGAWN
---
imo for the tight asses
#58GoldsicklePosted 11/30/2012 10:28:13 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
Of course, but I doubt Kamiya would even include QTE after he played and liked DMC3.

Where does it say that he played and liked DMC3?

Besides, Kamiya isn't the only guy working at PG.

Yeah, PG seems to be full of other QTE & CTA lovers.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#59VigmortisPosted 11/30/2012 12:18:33 PM
While DMC1's combat has been surpassed many, (including myself) still believe the atmosphere and level design still remains the best in the series. I think that it's primarily to do with (for those who don't know) DMC1 being a remodel of Resident Evil 4 that much of the survival horror atmosphere carried over from the previous build. Of course this is also why I believe the combat is not as fleshed out as 3 and 4 since the decision to scrap what would've been RE4 and turn it into DMC1 came late in the development. But that last part is purely my own speculation.
#60rice_noodlesPosted 11/30/2012 12:30:17 PM
It's almost as if goldie is writing off Bayonetta because of the single factor of QTE.

I remember seeing goldie in another thread saying its better for DMC to got to Ninja Theory, because Bayo and QTE.