According to a leak...

#31HidatsuPosted 11/29/2012 3:26:42 PM(edited)
LordMe posted...
Ninja Theory is pitching an Onimusha sequel to Capcom...

Samanosuke's gonna look like he's addicted to opium.

Edit: Watch his hair be white, and turns black when he turns into an Onimusha.
---
"What's wrong? It looks like you swallowed a bug. Oh wait. You always look like that." -Jade, Tales of the Abyss.
PSN ID: Amarix
#32Malus_X6Posted 11/29/2012 3:33:06 PM
Didn't an Onimusha game come out for PC this year?
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#33Arc166Posted 11/29/2012 3:38:48 PM
PineappleFist posted...
I don't care who makes another Onimusha, so long as it get's made. Plus, it can't really be any worse than Dawn of Dreams.

wasn't Dawn of Dreams the best one?

Yea. By a long shot.
#34Dragoon_KailPosted 11/29/2012 3:57:57 PM
Ariel_Service posted...
PineappleFist posted...
I don't care who makes another Onimusha, so long as it get's made. Plus, it can't really be any worse than Dawn of Dreams.

wasn't Dawn of Dreams the best one?

No onimusha 2 was the best & onimusha 3 had the best intro, DoD was the god of war ascension of the onimusha trilogy -aka utterly pointles but eh whatever
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#35PineappleFistPosted 11/29/2012 4:05:09 PM
No onimusha 2 was the best & onimusha 3 had the best intro, DoD was the god of war ascension of the onimusha trilogy -aka utterly pointles but eh whatever
Onimusha 2 is great, but that damn gift system ruins the whole thing. I really can't stress enough how awful it is.
---
Since 1998. Grasshopper Manufacture.
Punk's Not Dead
#36HidatsuPosted 11/29/2012 4:09:14 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Didn't an Onimusha game come out for PC this year?

It was a free browser game. >:|
---
"What's wrong? It looks like you swallowed a bug. Oh wait. You always look like that." -Jade, Tales of the Abyss.
PSN ID: Amarix
#37Dragoon_KailPosted 11/29/2012 4:10:02 PM
PineappleFist posted...
Onimusha 2 is great, but that damn gift system ruins the whole thing. I really can't stress enough how awful it is.

I actually liked it, though i also have the stratergy guide for the game *hugs it* so it makes the gift system a breeze. The amaaaazingly well done branching story system(bioware sucks so hard by comparison) made the gift stuff totally worth it lol
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#38Arc166Posted 11/29/2012 4:12:38 PM
I liked playing as Magoichi in that one part.

Dude made the main look so damn pathetic.
#39PineappleFistPosted 11/29/2012 4:14:11 PM
I actually liked it, though i also have the stratergy guide for the game *hugs it* so it makes the gift system a breeze. The amaaaazingly well done branching story system(bioware sucks so hard by comparison) made the gift stuff totally worth it lol

Yeah I used to have the strategy guide, but that was soooooooo long ago. I lost it in a move. I agree that the branching story system is cool though. Honestly, were in not for the gift system I would say that 2 is unabashedly the winner of the Onimusha prize.

On a side note, have you ever played Onimusha Tactics? I have always wanted to try it.
---
Since 1998. Grasshopper Manufacture.
Punk's Not Dead
#40Arc166Posted 11/29/2012 4:17:59 PM
Onimusha Tactics is a pretty fun FFTactics clone.

Unlike FFTactics, every character is unique, which I greatly preferred. I remember playing it, getting stuck on like map 3, only to come back like a year later and beat it in about a week. It was really easy and fun.

One of the cheapest final bosses in anything though you actually kill Nobunaga in this one. He has an unblockable, unavoidable, impossible to resist insta-kill move. Still killed him like nothing with the main, but eh, it wasn't cool.