Demo's not bad!

#1TriangleHardPosted 11/29/2012 2:59:32 PM
I'm rather impressed. Ninja Theory is good with cinematic cut-scenes, and putting weight to their story, and the trailer-like cut-scenes seems to show that well. Dante seems little flat in terms of voice acting and little bland in terms of looks, but other than that, the story seems interesting and the new make over for characters seems to fit in nicely (like Virgil).

Story certainly got me interested.

Gameplay seems bit mashy for my liking, and things seems to combo together little too easily. Still the game seems to play well for what it's worth. The control feels little unresponsive with button inputs, but overall not so bad. I actually enjoyed the weapon swap system that makes me feel like I had all the tools during my gameplay, unlike previous DMC where I felt like I had to stick with what I like and that's that.

Frame-rate was poor, but often demos have poor frame-rate, so I won't hold against it too much. Still, 30 fps makes the game lose the smooth feel previous DMCs had, which surely would annoy serious DMC fans that makes full use out of each animation. However, those fans aren't that plenty out there anyway (who the **** cares about how many hit combos you can do in single player game anyway?), so I doubt it's a problem.

Overall, not so bad. As long as the devs do good job with pacing, which is very important in this kind of game, do a good job with level design, and don't **** up with the story, then I expect this game to be triple A title.
#2caffiend7Posted 11/29/2012 3:01:42 PM
No it's bad
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#3deadpool223Posted 11/29/2012 3:04:57 PM
yeah its pretty good. but really dont come to these boards. unless you have bin here for a while and know what im talking about.
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#4stargazer1981Posted 11/29/2012 3:05:28 PM
caffiend7 posted...
No it's bad

No it's good.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#5caffiend7Posted 11/29/2012 3:08:02 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
caffiend7 posted...
No it's bad

No it's good.

That's a strange way of typing horrible
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#6ColonelChikenPosted 11/29/2012 3:08:53 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
caffiend7 posted...
No it's bad

No it's good.

You're both wrong, it's average.
#7deadpool223Posted 11/29/2012 3:11:28 PM
ColonelChiken posted...
stargazer1981 posted...
caffiend7 posted...
No it's bad

No it's good.

You're both wrong, it's average.

your wrong semantically. its ok
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#8SethStonePosted 11/29/2012 3:18:38 PM
Seriously. I really dig the weapon system and I loooove what they are doing with the story.

Aesthetically it looks great too (except for those stupid guns)

The set pieces are really cool too.

As for Vergil. Im just glad he's no longer voiced by "B*tch" from Baseketball
#9FNP88Posted 11/29/2012 3:18:51 PM
It is a good, fun game. I think a lot of people on this forum don't realize that the people who take DMC extremely seriously and get SSS on DMD mode are few and far between. I doubt even 1/4th of the people who bought DMC 1-4 take the game that seriously. The rest just played it and had fun playing a bad ass action game.
#10Malus_X6Posted 11/29/2012 3:22:08 PM
caffiend7 posted...
No it's bad

No it's good.

No, it's good as long as you take the yellow-- I JUST WANNA EAT BREAKFAST!

Cool points go to whomever can figure out who I just referenced.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI