The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I think people need to compare DmC with Lords of Shadow

#1docman864Posted 11/29/2012 8:21:55 PM
I was going to create a poll called War of the Western Developers where we vote which developer is better at making action games with the flexibility to do combos in the West, but then someone already created a thread where you compare God of War with DmC.

So....both games run at 30fps and you can also perform combos. I've seen videos online for Castlevania and they're pretty crazy stuff. I love it even more than GoW3's combo videos.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#2TaizukuPosted 11/29/2012 8:23:15 PM
Castlevania never really appealed to me. I love the lore of it all, but I can't get behind the gameplay.
---
"All I'm hearing is that Dragon Jesus was a pirate." ~ BluBlue4
PSN: MobileFlame
#3KOFXIIIPosted 11/29/2012 8:26:36 PM
Taizuku posted...
Castlevania never really appealed to me. I love the lore of it all, but I can't get behind the gameplay.

you talking about LoS or the series in general?
#4RichterB17Posted 11/29/2012 8:28:11 PM
Seeing this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLU7OLrWZEY kinda makes me want to play that game again lol.
---
"The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" - Bane
#5docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 8:32:15 PM(edited)
@RichterB17

lol, I was going to post that.

Lords of Shadow really yells "epic" all over it. I think DmC is going to lack a lot of that.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#6joegt123Posted 11/29/2012 8:30:54 PM
KOFXIII posted...
Taizuku posted...

Los, for me. The story is nice, but the gameplay is... painful. I still haven't beaten it out of sheer unpleasantness of actually playing it.
---
http://youtu.be/QHdk36PNuVw?t=50s THE reason I'm giving the Dante May Cry a chance.
Currently Playing: AC: For Answer, and too many to count.
#7TaizukuPosted 11/29/2012 8:32:56 PM
KOFXIII posted...
Taizuku posted...

Series in general. I expected LoS to change that for me, it didn't. The only Castlevania I find even slightly bearable is SoTN, and even then I can't bring myself to play all the way through.
---
"All I'm hearing is that Dragon Jesus was a pirate." ~ BluBlue4
PSN: MobileFlame
#8antking61Posted 11/29/2012 8:36:18 PM
So we're comparing a turd to a slightly better turd? I'm not really sure which is which here...
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#9stevenbobPosted 11/29/2012 8:36:55 PM
lord of shadows is way better
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#10rice_noodlesPosted 11/29/2012 8:50:01 PM
So....both games run at 30fps

LoS doesn't. It's below that.