I think people need to compare DmC with Lords of Shadow

#31joegt123Posted 11/29/2012 11:08:22 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
joegt123 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SotN was the best Castlevania of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Carry on with your topic you miserable little piles of secrets.

Stamp of approval, george.

I liked Circle of the Moon better.
Or the ones with Soma. I forget those games names.

Cotm barely qualifies as a castlevania game... I'll say that the card system was interesting, but it's really got nothing on sotn. It didn't even have super castlevania's whip mechanics. I can't say for the soma games, but from what little I know of the soma character, it sounds dumb in concept. What is he? Dracula's clone or something?
---
http://youtu.be/QHdk36PNuVw?t=50s THE reason I'm giving the Dante May Cry a chance.
Currently Playing: AC: For Answer, and too many to count.
#32KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/29/2012 11:12:57 PM
rice_noodles posted...
Orange00 posted...
LoS talk is good because it shows the anti who are really full of s***. LoS gameplay has all the flaws they call out and make up for DmC. Boring enemiea, horribly plain moveset, godawful FPS, scripted boss battles.. The list goes on.. 2 sequels coming also have all fanfavourite character reimagined.

having said that i did enjoy LoS. I struggled to play through but i'm glad i did. Final quarter and castle parts made up lots of things. Waiting for sequel, but judging from DmC demo, NT did a better job with gameplay.

I hate both...

While I don't "hate" LoS, I didn't really like it. The story was meh (I also called the ending after like 20 min of playing), the combat was pretty terrible, and the music (a big thing in other Castlevanias) was pretty lack luster.

I don't exactly "hate" DmC either. I hate what it represents, but I don't "hate" the game itself.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#33Pesmerga255Posted 11/29/2012 11:17:20 PM
joegt123 posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
joegt123 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SotN was the best Castlevania of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Carry on with your topic you miserable little piles of secrets.

Stamp of approval, george.

I liked Circle of the Moon better.
Or the ones with Soma. I forget those games names.

Cotm barely qualifies as a castlevania game... I'll say that the card system was interesting, but it's really got nothing on sotn. It didn't even have super castlevania's whip mechanics. I can't say for the soma games, but from what little I know of the soma character, it sounds dumb in concept. What is he? Dracula's clone or something?

He's more of a reincarnation of him.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#34SiLVeR_420Posted 11/29/2012 11:23:39 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
rice_noodles posted...
Orange00 posted...
LoS talk is good because it shows the anti who are really full of s***. LoS gameplay has all the flaws they call out and make up for DmC. Boring enemiea, horribly plain moveset, godawful FPS, scripted boss battles.. The list goes on.. 2 sequels coming also have all fanfavourite character reimagined.

having said that i did enjoy LoS. I struggled to play through but i'm glad i did. Final quarter and castle parts made up lots of things. Waiting for sequel, but judging from DmC demo, NT did a better job with gameplay.

I hate both...

While I don't "hate" LoS, I didn't really like it. The story was meh (I also called the ending after like 20 min of playing), the combat was pretty terrible, and the music (a big thing in other Castlevanias) was pretty lack luster.

I don't exactly "hate" DmC either. I hate what it represents, but I don't "hate" the game itself.

We talking the Gabriel actually killed his wife because that part was actually pretty predictable or are we talking about the other thing...
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#35KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/29/2012 11:24:45 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
rice_noodles posted...
Orange00 posted...

I hate both...

We talking the Gabriel actually killed his wife because that part was actually pretty predictable or are we talking about the other thing...

Both. I knew what he did and who he'd become 20 min. in the game. I also called the Zobek thing.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#36RagirothPosted 11/29/2012 11:34:31 PM
I liked LoS, but this interests me more than that did before it came out.

I dunno why. I guess because it turned Castlevania from a gothic japanese game, to just another western fantasy game. DmC still has a demonic otherwordly feel to it. Plus not only that, LoS was very GoW-ish. While DmC at least still has that DMC hack n slash vibe to the gameplay.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#37SiLVeR_420Posted 11/29/2012 11:36:01 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
rice_noodles posted...
Orange00 posted...

I hate both...

Both. I knew what he did and who he'd become 20 min. in the game. I also called the Zobek thing.

Zobek basically gave it away that he was evil in those intro monologue things before each mission.
I wasnt expecting him to be the final lord of shadow I just expected him to try to kill Gabriel to get the powers for himself.
I was also expecting the last boss to be Dracula but it ended up being the other super evil guy.
But on a second playthrough it was obvious who Gabriel would become.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#38pyro_buntaPosted 11/29/2012 11:40:08 PM
Aria/Dawn of Sorrow is my personal favorite but I don't know why the hell they picked a terrible artist for Dawn of Sorrow's art.
---
...if you know what I mean
#39singhellotakuPosted 11/29/2012 11:53:22 PM
Lords of shadow would probably get a lot more love if it wasn't so dull compared to the awesome handheld castlevania games.
#40Orange00Posted 11/29/2012 11:59:16 PM
pyro_bunta posted...
Aria/Dawn of Sorrow is my personal favorite but I don't know why the hell they picked a terrible artist for Dawn of Sorrow's art.

Yea! Kojimas art and music from previous Castlevanias pretty much made Castlevania so great. Those unfortunately are the things missing from LoS.. LoS feels like it would have been a natural sequel after Super Castlevania IV.

I like Aria of Sorrow and Symphony of the night best. Dawn of Sorrow felt a little forced sequel. Like nothing really important was going on, just some random thugs who want Draculas power.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!