I think people need to compare DmC with Lords of Shadow

#41KyryloPosted 11/29/2012 11:24:19 PM
I can only say that I compared both games, and dmc is really poorly made in compare.
#42happynoodleboy7Posted 11/29/2012 11:35:41 PM
I hated Lords of Shadow.
---
Gamertag: KarmikCykle
Get your serious business out of my internet!
#43RichterB17Posted 11/30/2012 6:33:12 AM
Orange00 posted...
LoS talk is good because it shows the anti who are really full of s***. LoS gameplay has all the flaws they call out and make up for DmC. Boring enemiea, horribly plain moveset, godawful FPS, scripted boss battles.. The list goes on.. 2 sequels coming also have all fanfavourite character reimagined.

having said that i did enjoy LoS. I struggled to play through but i'm glad i did. Final quarter and castle parts made up lots of things. Waiting for sequel, but judging from DmC demo, NT did a better job with gameplay.

Lords of Shadow never called it self Devil May Cry, therefore does not have to go by the standards set by Devil May Cry.
---
"The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" - Bane
#44TaizukuPosted 11/30/2012 6:44:35 AM
RichterB17 posted...
Orange00 posted...
LoS talk is good because it shows the anti who are really full of s***. LoS gameplay has all the flaws they call out and make up for DmC. Boring enemiea, horribly plain moveset, godawful FPS, scripted boss battles.. The list goes on.. 2 sequels coming also have all fanfavourite character reimagined.

having said that i did enjoy LoS. I struggled to play through but i'm glad i did. Final quarter and castle parts made up lots of things. Waiting for sequel, but judging from DmC demo, NT did a better job with gameplay.

Lords of Shadow never called it self Devil May Cry, therefore does not have to go by the standards set by Devil May Cry.

It did call itself Castlevania though. I remember a fan backlash similar to this one, difference is, those fans knew how to shut up.
---
"All I'm hearing is that Dragon Jesus was a pirate." ~ BluBlue4
PSN: MobileFlame
#45pyro_buntaPosted 11/30/2012 7:04:56 AM
Nope. Lords of Shadow is just isn't as bad as what's happening to this game. Artstyle was great, visuals were great, and they still have elements/theme you get from a castlevania game (well the 3D ones anyway). DmC simply changes way too much, not even a good change even. The most prominent being artstyle and narrative. But I'm too tired to start another argument, so I'm out from this topic.
---
...if you know what I mean
#46MrStarkillerPosted 11/30/2012 7:06:22 AM
Silver: >all 3
>didn't bother with the PSP games
So just the main/primary (console) entries.

>didn't have a problem
That doesn't answer the matter of run history too well. Did you clear the challenges *merely set to Normal*? What was the highest setting cleared in vanilla conditions (Easy, Normal, Hard or Very Hard *the vets don't refer to them by the dub names as they shift meaninglessly between entries*).

>liked GoW1
And for what reason(s) did you like it, I wonder. Do tell.
#47ChaoticKnucklesPosted 11/30/2012 7:17:35 AM
yahya_no_1 posted...
CV series has over 20 games to the point last 3 games where really no different form SOTN

DMC had 4 games and we were expecting plenty more

CV LOS had good story, different hero, different timeline that has nothing to do with original one, and fun game play that IS NOT GOW rip off(GOW fans go play somewhere else with your mindless games that require low IQ plz).

DmC has slower gameplay then past games, less freedom in moves, animation in general looks boring, hero claims to be Dante(that might actually change based on rumor ending) and might actually be connected to main timeline

LOS doesn't have its main character act like a high school kid that just started to use the F bombs.

So...........how are these 2 similar again?

But...but...I love God of War AND Lords of Shadow, where am I supposed to play?
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#48Shadow ReaverPosted 11/30/2012 7:40:15 AM
Dragoon_Kail posted...
when does the second game come out anyway? gamestop was saying december 31st 2012.....that can't be right.....

Also: it's a day 1 for moi, it definetly captures the epic goth dynamics beautifully, combats fine too, the voice actoring is like my ears orgasming every line read *swoons* music too *swoons more* hell i bought the LE just for the soundtrack all & even platinumed the bugger

LoS2 will be next year (probably mid-late) why we have 12-31-2012 as a place holder is beyond me
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
#49KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/30/2012 8:08:39 AM
Doesn't the 3DS game come out the 31st? I thought that one came out first, are you guys sure you aren't confusing them?
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#50Shadow ReaverPosted 11/30/2012 8:13:52 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Doesn't the 3DS game come out the 31st? I thought that one came out first, are you guys sure you aren't confusing them?

no Gamestop has CLoS2 under the release date of 12-31-2012. The 3DS game has a date of 3-1-2013. Blame the Corporate nut jobs that just site in an office and make things up all day.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/102530

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate/102531
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain