I think people need to compare DmC with Lords of Shadow

#51wh0_kn0wsPosted 11/30/2012 9:14:45 AM
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
CV series has over 20 games to the point last 3 games where really no different form SOTN

DMC had 4 games and we were expecting plenty more

CV LOS had good story, different hero, different timeline that has nothing to do with original one, and fun game play that IS NOT GOW rip off(GOW fans go play somewhere else with your mindless games that require low IQ plz).

DmC has slower gameplay then past games, less freedom in moves, animation in general looks boring, hero claims to be Dante(that might actually change based on rumor ending) and might actually be connected to main timeline

LOS doesn't have its main character act like a high school kid that just started to use the F bombs.

So...........how are these 2 similar again?

But...but...I love God of War AND Lords of Shadow, where am I supposed to play?

outside, away from us fell beings
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#52rice_noodlesPosted 11/30/2012 9:19:11 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-face-off

...but the shifting frame-rate is still a problem - changing between anything from the low 20s to the low 30s. There doesn't seem to be any kind of frame-rate capping going on with either platform, but any journeys above the usual 30FPS console threshold are few and far between...
#53SlaveBladePosted 11/30/2012 9:26:34 AM
CV LOS had good story, different hero, different timeline that has nothing to do with original one, and fun game play that IS NOT GOW rip off(GOW fans go play somewhere else with your mindless games that require low IQ plz).

The game plays very similarly to GoW though. Mashing square until you need to perfect block, repeat. It works a little too well IMO.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#54MrStarkillerPosted 11/30/2012 9:32:18 AM
Yahya: >GOW
What's all this about Gears, sport?

NOTE: Still haven't learned how to play GoW? No surprise being that Evan and Soul remained low level vets. But you still have me. Vet among vets. You'll have some proper challenge to look forward to. Isn't that nice?
#55RichterB17Posted 11/30/2012 3:24:44 PM
Taizuku posted...
RichterB17 posted...
Orange00 posted...
LoS talk is good because it shows the anti who are really full of s***. LoS gameplay has all the flaws they call out and make up for DmC. Boring enemiea, horribly plain moveset, godawful FPS, scripted boss battles.. The list goes on.. 2 sequels coming also have all fanfavourite character reimagined.

having said that i did enjoy LoS. I struggled to play through but i'm glad i did. Final quarter and castle parts made up lots of things. Waiting for sequel, but judging from DmC demo, NT did a better job with gameplay.

Lords of Shadow never called it self Devil May Cry, therefore does not have to go by the standards set by Devil May Cry.

It did call itself Castlevania though. I remember a fan backlash similar to this one, difference is, those fans knew how to shut up.

And the game felt enough like Castlevania to me. It had familiar enemies like Fleamen, Werewolfs, Wargs, Skeletons, and Skeleton Knights, it had vampires, it had a Castle, and a main character with a whip. The only difference was that its an origin story before all the real crazy stuff like the Castle being alive and what not. In my opinion it's a better origin story than Lament of Innocence.
---
"The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" - Bane
#56No-A-BodyPosted 11/30/2012 5:03:08 PM
yahya_no_1
"CV LOS had good story, different hero, different timeline that has nothing to do with original one, and fun game play that IS NOT GOW rip off(GOW fans go play somewhere else with your mindless games that require low IQ plz)."

That's gotta be trolling.
---
Gaming Community Today: spend years begging for it, get excited for it, and trash it the moment you're expectations are not met. -ajmrowland
#57No-A-BodyPosted 11/30/2012 5:39:48 PM
MrStarkiller posted...
Yahya: >GOW
What's all this about Gears, sport?

NOTE: Still haven't learned how to play GoW? No surprise being that Evan and Soul remained low level vets. But you still have me. Vet among vets. You'll have some proper challenge to look forward to. Isn't that nice?

Oh hot damn, MrStarkiller is here to set some punk a** n00bZ straight with a quip and a wit that many lack, all while staying eloquent in his speech. Yes, I am a fan of the man, but for good damn reason.

ANYWHO! My opinion (if any care) is that, while I felt LoS didn't have the level of combat prowess of a GoW or DMC, it was still quite good and enjoyable. And having played the poopies out of previous GoW games is what allowed me to do well at LoS. Actually, when I got around to playing LoS for my expert (faster to type then very hard, but same thing) run, I found it to be a challenge, but not nearly that of a GoW. Some people wanna say GoW is easier than LoS!? HA! That's like saying driving a semi is easier than a pickup truck.

But what LoS lacks in combo variety, it more then makes up for it with length, variety, and places to adventure. I found it quite epic and loved every minute of it. One of only 11 games I loved so much I platinumed. too bad the DLC was over priced, but that's another topic.

Now, if we are comparing the re-imaginings of DmC to LoS, I say LoS is probably a much better game. BUT, that doesn't mean DmC will instantly be s***. I do think DmC with have more things to do combat wise, and I can't wait to see what all we get to do. And who knows, this could turn out to be quite epic too. I'm staying optimistic for DmC. Someone on these boards has to.
---
Gaming Community Today: spend years begging for it, get excited for it, and trash it the moment you're expectations are not met. -ajmrowland
#58SolidHaseoPosted 11/30/2012 6:15:46 PM
You guys reminded me I need to watch walkthrough of LoS and it's DLC.......at least they did say LoS was an AU, I consider this DmC an AU as well just cause Nero is my fav character next to Vergil(I have a weird attraction to having 1 arm being otherwordly........it's weird)
---
Awaiting:MGR, DmC, AR, DS3, GOWA
Playing: DMC4, IF2, AC3, RE6, ME3, H4
#59SiLVeR_420Posted 11/30/2012 6:22:08 PM
SolidHaseo posted...
You guys reminded me I need to watch walkthrough of LoS and it's DLC.......at least they did say LoS was an AU, I consider this DmC an AU as well just cause Nero is my fav character next to Vergil(I have a weird attraction to having 1 arm being otherwordly........it's weird)

LoS being in an alternate universe was pretty much the very first thing they revealed about the game.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#60MrStarkillerPosted 12/1/2012 10:20:53 AM
Body: >here
I get around. This you know.

>LoS
Felt more like Dante's Inferno to me.

>optimistic
This path is of your own choosing.

~I'm not getting the impression Yahya is going to respond. That would be a pity. I might opt to pursue elsewhere.