Okay Ive only been here for like an hour

#1AlxanderVIIPosted 11/30/2012 1:20:58 AM
I dont like to parrot previous statements of mine, but good grief you guys sound like this is ET on the atari. Ive been a fan of the dmc series since the beginning, Ive played the demo of this for a good couple hours, Ive watched a couple trailers and I am utterly baffled by how much hate this game is getting, I mean really? after dmc2 you're calling for this to be burned at the stake!

oh waa waa the combo system is broken, do you remember when there wasnt any combo's to make a combo system?

oh waa waa the weapons look stupid, remember when dante only had 3 swords and they did the exact same thing except with different strength/speed?

oh waa waa dante has black hair and swears too much, remember when dante had 5 LINES IN HIS OWN GAME (exaggeration) and each were blurted out with the emotional resonance of a lump of wood?

I would have given my left leg for this rather than dmc2, and actually hacking off my leg would probably have been less painful than dmc2
---
400% more awesome! Also, Torgue doesn't make their guns out of freakin' wood!!!!!!
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 11/30/2012 1:27:44 AM
And this is why pros should not open their mouths/fingers. Well, most shouldn't.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#3geneocidePosted 11/30/2012 1:29:26 AM
And the franchise has evolved since then. DMC2 introduced some heavy hitting stuff though. (city boss)

Honestly... what you just said is we shouldn't be mad that the T-rex is evolving into the chicken. It isn't changing for the better. It is just needlessly changing. It is devolving.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#4Pesmerga255Posted 11/30/2012 1:30:10 AM
AlxanderVII posted...
I dont like to parrot previous statements of mine, but good grief you guys sound like this is ET on the atari. Ive been a fan of the dmc series since the beginning, Ive played the demo of this for a good couple hours, Ive watched a couple trailers and I am utterly baffled by how much hate this game is getting, I mean really? after dmc2 you're calling for this to be burned at the stake!

oh waa waa the combo system is broken, do you remember when there wasnt any combo's to make a combo system?

oh waa waa the weapons look stupid, remember when dante only had 3 swords and they did the exact same thing except with different strength/speed?

oh waa waa dante has black hair and swears too much, remember when dante had 5 LINES IN HIS OWN GAME (exaggeration) and each were blurted out with the emotional resonance of a lump of wood?

I would have given my left leg for this rather than dmc2, and actually hacking off my leg would probably have been less painful than dmc2

Try comparing it to 3 instead of the worst game in the series and you'll see why we're complaining about this abomonation.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#5pyro_buntaPosted 11/30/2012 1:36:29 AM
AlxanderVII posted...

You don't sound new.

3 Actice Messages posted >__>
---
...if you know what I mean
#6Psychochild27Posted 11/30/2012 1:39:25 AM

... What, like back in the demo build of DMC1 that shipped with RE: Code Veronica?
#7Deadly_RavePosted 11/30/2012 2:36:16 AM
Lmao. See, this is why when I comment on this site, I hardly talk about DmC anymore. Itís just sad how far people are willing to go to defend this game. News flash: DmC isnít an important historical document that will revolutionize the world and some crazed radicals are trying to rip it to pieces, itís just a videogame that some people like and some people donít with varying reasons why for both. Get over it and accept that fact.

As for you being a series vet, so what? Iíve been a fan of DMC since it first came out and I still didnít like the demo despite playing it for FAR more hours than you. I wanted to be wrong about this game, I really wanted NT to shut me up and show me DMC was in good hands, but the more I explored itís gameplay, the more disappointed I was. Like DMC2, I think DmC has good ideas, but they arenít executed properly and there are just too many things missing from what Iíd expect in a DMC game. That is my opinion.

Also, you know what the beauty of the past is? It exists so we can learn from it. Reality check: Many people here dislike DMC2. You will not find many people on this site who talk trash about DmC while ignoring the things DMC2 did wrong. They acknowledge that DMC2 was bad. But just because DMC2 was a horrible game, that doesnít give DmC a free pass from having what it does wrong brought to light, especially when repeating some of DMC2ís mistakes are among the things itís doing wrong.

Youíre supposed to do better than your predecessors, not worse, and that is why some people are pissed at this game. Donít get it? Oh well, thatís your problem.
#8laughingjoker07Posted 11/30/2012 2:43:11 AM
AlxanderVII posted...

Sir this post was inspirational. Basically if something is borderline abysmal instead of completely then its ok? Hell going by this logic I should eat at burger king every day because at least isn't as unhealthy McDonalds. Ninja theory Super Size my Dante, and keep him coming...
#9pigboyPosted 11/30/2012 3:13:31 AM
AlxanderVII posted...

Umm.... So what are you trying to say?

People should only say good things about this game even when they don't like it? People should only say good things in an open forum? What's your point?
#10Xtreme65Posted 11/30/2012 3:30:51 AM
The point is that some of the haters have blown things way out of proportion. For example some of the anti's claim that DMC2 will be better than DmC.......what I want to know is um how? Also at first alot of people were hating before we even saw any gameplay. Ive seen good arguments from both sides but other than when shatter used to post on here Ive seen some pretty irrational statements from the anti side.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.