Okay Ive only been here for like an hour

#21SSJ_JinPosted 11/30/2012 1:05:08 PM
Deadly_Rave posted...
Lmao. See, this is why when I comment on this site, I hardly talk about DmC anymore. Itís just sad how far people are willing to go to defend this game. News flash: DmC isnít an important historical document that will revolutionize the world and some crazed radicals are trying to rip it to pieces, itís just a videogame that some people like and some people donít with varying reasons why for both. Get over it and accept that fact.

As for you being a series vet, so what? Iíve been a fan of DMC since it first came out and I still didnít like the demo despite playing it for FAR more hours than you. I wanted to be wrong about this game, I really wanted NT to shut me up and show me DMC was in good hands, but the more I explored itís gameplay, the more disappointed I was. Like DMC2, I think DmC has good ideas, but they arenít executed properly and there are just too many things missing from what Iíd expect in a DMC game. That is my opinion.

Also, you know what the beauty of the past is? It exists so we can learn from it. Reality check: Many people here dislike DMC2. You will not find many people on this site who talk trash about DmC while ignoring the things DMC2 did wrong. They acknowledge that DMC2 was bad. But just because DMC2 was a horrible game, that doesnít give DmC a free pass from having what it does wrong brought to light, especially when repeating some of DMC2ís mistakes are among the things itís doing wrong.

Youíre supposed to do better than your predecessors, not worse, and that is why some people are pissed at this game. Donít get it? Oh well, thatís your problem.

What a horrible post. You try to be subjective, but your blatant hate for the game shines through creating numerous contradictions in your statements. Yes, don't speak on DMC.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#22Malus_X6Posted 11/30/2012 1:09:18 PM
too tired short version ITT strawman arguments, Im not bothered about criticism (its just the criticism is bonkers), overestimating a company with a new title. Il be back when people dont come off as raging perfectionists. inb4 nothing of value was lost

*adjusts my pith helmet*

Now see here how the TC has gracefully shrugged off all coherent arguments? You see this quite often as a rather flimsy an attempt to come out as superior...

What a horrible post. You try to be subjective, but your blatant hate for the game shines through creating numerous contradictions in your statements. Yes, don't speak on DMC.

*adjusts monocle*

I do believe you mean "objective."
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#23SSJ_JinPosted 11/30/2012 1:12:58 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
too tired short version ITT strawman arguments, Im not bothered about criticism (its just the criticism is bonkers), overestimating a company with a new title. Il be back when people dont come off as raging perfectionists. inb4 nothing of value was lost

*adjusts my pith helmet*

Now see here how the TC has gracefully shrugged off all coherent arguments? You see this quite often as a rather flimsy an attempt to come out as superior...

*adjusts monocle*

Thanks for correcting me. ;)
---
#24UbberDevilPosted 11/30/2012 1:21:44 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Deadly_Rave posted...
Lmao. See, this is why when I comment on this site, I hardly talk about DmC anymore. Itís just sad how far people are willing to go to defend this game. News flash: DmC isnít an important historical document that will revolutionize the world and some crazed radicals are trying to rip it to pieces, itís just a videogame that some people like and some people donít with varying reasons why for both. Get over it and accept that fact.

As for you being a series vet, so what? Iíve been a fan of DMC since it first came out and I still didnít like the demo despite playing it for FAR more hours than you. I wanted to be wrong about this game, I really wanted NT to shut me up and show me DMC was in good hands, but the more I explored itís gameplay, the more disappointed I was. Like DMC2, I think DmC has good ideas, but they arenít executed properly and there are just too many things missing from what Iíd expect in a DMC game. That is my opinion.

Also, you know what the beauty of the past is? It exists so we can learn from it. Reality check: Many people here dislike DMC2. You will not find many people on this site who talk trash about DmC while ignoring the things DMC2 did wrong. They acknowledge that DMC2 was bad. But just because DMC2 was a horrible game, that doesnít give DmC a free pass from having what it does wrong brought to light, especially when repeating some of DMC2ís mistakes are among the things itís doing wrong.

Youíre supposed to do better than your predecessors, not worse, and that is why some people are pissed at this game. Donít get it? Oh well, thatís your problem.

What contradictions?
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#25Malus_X6Posted 11/30/2012 1:24:35 PM(edited)
Malus_X6 posted...

*adjusts monocle*

Thanks for correcting me. ;)

No worries. It's more of an OCD thing than trying to make someone look bad. Sure, you're a pro and I'm an anti, but that doesn't stop me :P
---
#26TheOriginalMaxPosted 11/30/2012 1:26:24 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Deadly_Rave posted...

I'm sorry, what? Where? How was he trying to be objective when he stated it was his opinion?

The troll sure is strong with this one. Too many "pros" are getting a bad rep because of all you trolls. You're being very selfish right now, you do understand that, right?
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#27Malus_X6Posted 11/30/2012 1:27:58 PM
I like scrambled eggs with little squares of ham in them :D
---
#28SSJ_JinPosted 11/30/2012 1:31:58 PM
TheOriginalMax posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
Deadly_Rave posted...

I'm sorry, what? Where? How was he trying to be objective when he stated it was his opinion?

The troll sure is strong with this one. Too many "pros" are getting a bad rep because of all you trolls. You're being very selfish right now, you do understand that, right?

The troll may be strong with me, but oh boy is it even stronger with you. So many fails, where should I begin?

1) I never claimed to be a pro. Please stop making ridiculous claims, but then, that is what trolls do.

2) I never even appointed my opinion on the game. My post was merely on a contradicting post. For all you know I could hate DmC even more. But alas, you got butthurt and made up yet another ridiculous claim by making it look like I'm voicing the voices of all pros.

3) What on earth does selfish have anything to do with this? This makes no sense. A third ridiculous claim you just brought up out of nowhere.

The moral of the story is:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4sylbSzJX1qeo7cdo5_r1_500.gif
---
#29StrelokPosted 11/30/2012 1:41:04 PM
I am quite sure that the comment about DMC2 better than this was aimed at me.

And I tire of having to state my reasons for saying that time and time again.

This will be the last effing time. If ANYONE else after this tries to mention that, I won't bother anymore. Seriously, it pisses me off that much.

DMC2 added a lot to the DMC franchise, even if the game itself was mediocre (not even bad, just mediocre, you can't forget the age of the game here).
It had, without a doubt, the best looking Dante in the franchise.
It had two (sadly not very well fleshed out) characters, each with their own scenario. Not counting Reski- I mean Trish.
It had a large repertoire of moves like wallrunning and rainstorm. Many of these were used in DMC3 and 4.
It had a lot of potential to explain HOW Dante became so stoic. It was never explained.
Desperation Deviltrigger looked awesome.

In effect, it tried to implement new things and tried to add to the franchise. In effect, it moved the franchise forwards.

THIS game however doesn't try anything new aside an art shift and a complete rewrite of the story.
The gameplay elements are not new and are either horribly implemented from better games (Dodge from Bayo is superior in every shape way and form by not being broken as all hell and giving instant SSS after them, seriously NT!) or ripped from NTs earlier work that was less than stellar (Stances from Heavenly Sword).

Not to forget, NT has been acting as if they were gods/Haruhis/Azatoths/Harisson Fords gift to gaming, I can't say that for the dev team of DMC2.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#30DiaNimPosted 11/30/2012 1:48:17 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
I like scrambled eggs with little squares of ham in them :D

How dare you eat your eggs in such a manner? You have an inferior sense of taste, and you're eating the wrong way, so please leave this...BLAH... sorry, it's like some sort of malicious spirit possessed me >_>

Anyways, I also add ham, but I also add chili peppers for an extra zing ; )
---
Always smile : )
Currently reading: "The Count of Monte Cristo"