Okay Ive only been here for like an hour

#41Lama_SpitPosted 12/1/2012 12:24:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#42Lama_SpitPosted 12/1/2012 12:27:16 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...

Nice, and congrats. Although I have to ask, and you can PM me this if you want, are you usually having a bad day when you respond to me, are you tired, or do you actually find it entertaining?

It's really not either of those and certainly not entertaining. I guess it's the type of person I am. When I feel the need to correct someone or let them know that what i think they are doing is wrong i'm usually very brusk about it. I know it's the wrong way to approach it and it gives everyone the idea that i'm trying to troll but that's a wall that i'm trying to get past because so far it's not beneficial for me here and in the real world.

If something about me bothers you, you're absolutely free to tell me about it, even via PMs if you so please(although it's easier in topics, I know).

Well I thought you were this completely different type person. I think this boils down to my misconceptions about you as a person and my brusk way of saying things which im trying to fix at the moment. My bad for responding to you the way I did all those times you're not the type of person I thought you were.

I think it's a pretty accurate generalization that making others feel bad, or trying to make them feel bad, makes the person doing it feel bad themselves.

I would have to say I agree seeing as i'm feeling pretty crappy right now after what i've said to you in the past. I apologize for all that.

It's never fun to be called "a b**** in heat"

I was having a bad day there, that i'll admit. Remind me to slap myself after we're done here lol.

Yes, I know my attitude irks quite a few people, but I could be a way bigger dick in the way I approach things and I could really put myself on a pedestal if I wanted to. But I don't. For one I don't consider myself better than others, and the second is that I can't exactly communicate if I think I'm better than others, nor will I be relatable, which completely defeats any purpose I have in discussing things. I hate counter-productivity.

And for that I commend you good sir.
#43Lama_SpitPosted 12/1/2012 12:27:26 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...

Also my "do you want some pointers" was a childish jab at you which was based on a preconception of the type of people that feel the need to respond offensively. Sorry about that.

Dont worry about it, I deserved it.

In the end it's safe to say I jumped the gun here like always. You're really not the type of person I pictured you out to be most times and I learned that by having this conversation with you. I guess i can say this conversation was somewhat of a blessing in disguise as i actually used it to evaluate the way I need to change my attitude here and in the real world. Again my apologies for the way I responded to you in the past, I hope you can put it behind you.

Heh, I was too. Still am, but like I said, I'm leaning more towards SB. I agree about SB:SH, Utage didn't really fix it since you can still practically breeze through the game with Kenshin(pun intended) and a level 1 weapon on Chaos... Which is actually a trophy :D

I was thinking about getting Utage but then I remembered MHP3, and the frustration of me having to look up what every single word meant lol. Though i'll probably order Utage later down the road because I really liked SB: Samurai Heroes, the combat especially.

I think SB3: Utage is one of my favourite, if not favourite, current-gen game. The Japanese makes it a bit hard to understand what's what, but getting past that, I had a very very good time. The character roster is also impressive and doesn't really have any clones in it.

Yep I agree, too bad SB: Samurai Heroes didnt fair so well here sales wise. Definitely one of the better beat-em ups this gen. I still got DW7-Empires and Fist of the North Star 2 to look forward to.
#44TheOriginalMaxPosted 12/1/2012 5:51:35 AM
Lama_Spit posted...
It's really not either of those and certainly not entertaining. I guess it's the type of person I am. When I feel the need to correct someone or let them know that what i think they are doing is wrong i'm usually very brusk about it. I know it's the wrong way to approach it and it gives everyone the idea that i'm trying to troll but that's a wall that i'm trying to get past because so far it's not beneficial for me here and in the real world.

Say no more, I understand completely and sympathize with you. And to be completely honest, I have started noticing an air of conceitedness about me. Much like with what you're explaining, it's a wall I'm trying to get past because it doesn't serve a purpose; it's really about just noticing the behaviour and reflecting on it, but sometimes that's harder than it sounds(noticing it in the first place). I'm confident you'll accomplish what you want to :)

>My bad for responding to you the way I did all those times you're not the type of person I thought you were.

No hard feelings here :)
I get why you responded the way you did now that you explained it. I also think that the intentions and moods in which the things are said here get misconstrued by the internet and its lack of social cues. We most likely wouldn't even be butting heads if we weren't talking on the internet. And hey, I had a completely wrong impression about you as well. You're honestly a nice and cool guy, easy to talk to as well.

>I would have to say I agree seeing as i'm feeling pretty crappy right now after what i've said to you in the past. I apologize for all that.

Don't worry about it. It's all fine now that we're having a nice discussion and getting to know one another better. Honestly, all bad feelings I had about this drifted away.

>I was having a bad day there, that i'll admit. Remind me to slap myself after we're done here lol.

Lol, no need to, man. All water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned :D

>And for that I commend you good sir.

Heh, thank you :)
But you do have a point. The only problem is that there's a dilemma here, in one hand I can't constantly reflect other people because then I can't try to set an example, on the other I can't constantly try to set an example because otherwise it feels like some people won't reflect on their own behaviour(not that they necessarily do anyway); and that's a contradiction in what I'm trying to accomplish. You are right about that. I just haven't been able to find a better compromise... Although I could try another approach(I have one in mind). I just have to not get annoyed myself xD

>Dont worry about it, I deserved it.

Nah, you didn't deserve it. I shouldn't rely on childish nudges and insults. I'm really sorry for saying those things about you.

>In the end it's safe to say I jumped the gun here like always. You're really not the type of person I pictured you out to be most times and I learned that by having this conversation with you. I guess i can say this conversation was somewhat of a blessing in disguise as i actually used it to evaluate the way I need to change my attitude here and in the real world. Again my apologies for the way I responded to you in the past, I hope you can put it behind you

Thank you, truly. I've been under the assumption that the internet only brings out the worst in people(myself included xD ), but I'm proven wrong here. I'm happy we had this discussion and got to go over the issues. I'll do my best to improve on my behaviour. And no worries, I already forgot the things in the past ;D
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#45TheOriginalMaxPosted 12/1/2012 5:51:44 AM
Lama_Spit posted...
I was thinking about getting Utage but then I remembered MHP3, and the frustration of me having to look up what every single word meant lol. Though i'll probably order Utage later down the road because I really liked SB: Samurai Heroes, the combat especially.

Heh, I understand your frustration. Fortunately there's a pretty good wiki for Utage, let's see if I can find it real quick... Ah, there we go:
http://sengokubasara.wikia.com/wiki/Sengoku_Basara_3_Utage_Translation/Navigation_Page
There's also a story translation guide on KoeiWarriors, I can give a link there as well, and other misc. discussion threads on KoeiWarriors with good info in them. The game plays very much like SB:SH, so it probably helps a bit in understanding what's going on. The game is just so much freaking fun it's ridiculous :D
Oh and all characters have received updates in Utage. From new skills to tweaks in the combat. I think it's pretty balanced now... Save for Nobunaga not being able to die in his super demon form(forgot the name) xD

Yep I agree, too bad SB: Samurai Heroes didnt fair so well here sales wise. Definitely one of the better beat-em ups this gen. I still got DW7-Empires and Fist of the North Star 2 to look forward to.

Indeed. It's a real shame that it didn't have too many sales. I think it's because of either unfamiliarity in regards to what the game is like, or just not being appealing to Western markets(which is odd since some DWs of the past sold really well in the West). It is very Japanese-themed, I admit. Maybe that's why(albeit Warriors: Legend of Troy didn't sell well either... Hmm...)? It would be nice if Sengoku Basara had a bit more popularity in the West.

I'll have to check out DW7:E and Fist of the North Star 2.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
#46Deadly_RavePosted 12/1/2012 6:29:37 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
What a horrible post. You try to be subjective, but your blatant hate for the game shines through creating numerous contradictions in your statements. Yes, don't speak on DMC.

Typical. When youíve got nothing to say, you have to make up crap in order to get back at somebody who said things you didnít like. My blatant hate shines through and creates numerous contradictions? Yeah, right. Youíre full of it and you know it. Do yourself a favor and don't speak on anything in life, much less DMC.
#47MrStarkillerPosted 12/1/2012 1:41:40 PM
You ladies done making out?
#48TheOriginalMaxPosted 12/2/2012 4:39:18 AM
MrStarkiller posted...
You ladies done making out?

Always room for one more ;o
*puckers lips*
:D
---
#49Xtreme65Posted 12/2/2012 7:23:37 PM
Let me be clear. No where am I stating this will be the best game in the series nor does it move the genre forward like DMC2 did in a way. But just because DMC2 had a few new ideas that doesnt make it a better game. Someone said it before but DMC2 is basicaly unplayable while DmC is at least playable and the only reason im pointing this out is because it was by far the most odd and untrue statement made by the anti's. If the pros said that DmC is gonna be better than DMC3 that would be pretty stupid to but Ive yet to see such a statement (except from Tameem but I dont count developers opinions as valid.)
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.