The DMC's fanbase seems even worse than Sonic's...

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. The DMC's fanbase seems even worse than Sonic's...
2 years ago#11
If I had to be honest >_>
The DMC fanbase is probably the most anal one I've ever been a part of.
Don't take this the wrong way but I've never seen b******* like I have about this game.
Which is a shame because if some people weren't so rabid about things I'm sure they'd be pretty alright people.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
2 years ago#12
no sonic fans are the worst and they are broken into parts and iv seen a hugh pile of them in Gfaqs
archie sonic comics fans(the sonic games sucks it need princess sally to make it better)
modren sonic fans(sonic06 is 10/10 haters are gona hate)
classic sonic fans(all sonic games that came after the sonic2 sucks even the good ones)
sonic X fans(the games suck it need chris to make it better)
and more

DMC fans is not even close to the sonic fans
---
YS,megaman,shin megami tensei,growlancer,sonic,spider-man,batman,sly cooper FAN
2 years ago#13
BlackSheepWalls posted...
At least the Sonic fanbase has reasons to be really angry, they experienced how bad their games got. Sonic06 was a reason to be pissed, but you cannot tell me that for you DmC seems just as bad?
Most of the things I read here are just total BS. How do you think Tameem feels, when he reads this stuff?
http://www.anaitgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/tameem-antoniades.jpg

I hope he feels bad.
2 years ago#14
I think Tameem even mentioned in an interview the slower, more character-driven beats wouldn't work well with a high-octane trailer. That said, the Vergil reveal trailer and one of the more recent trailers started showing a deeper side to Dante than would otherwise be believed.

But I guess first impressions really are the hardest to change.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
2 years ago#15
Kyrylo posted...
BlackSheepWalls posted...
At least the Sonic fanbase has reasons to be really angry, they experienced how bad their games got. Sonic06 was a reason to be pissed, but you cannot tell me that for you DmC seems just as bad?
Most of the things I read here are just total BS. How do you think Tameem feels, when he reads this stuff?
http://www.anaitgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/tameem-antoniades.jpg

I hope he feels bad.

You are a vindictive and sad man.
You hope someone feels emotional torment over "ruining" a gaming franchise?
:o Deplorable.

jk sorta >_> after two years or so comments like the above irk me.
---
2 years ago#16
SlaveBlade posted...
You didn't look very hard, did you? i guess putting your life on the line to save a person is just so unlikable to you >_>

House from House MD saved many lives... he was still an unlikeable ass who basically experimented on patients, committed several crimes, was a complete ass to everyone around him, lied to his patients on a regular basis, stole drugs from patients/friends/the hospital, played into a patient's mental condition nearly getting them killed, ridiculed his colleagues, ridiculed anyone who had any kind of faith in anything, was narcissistic to the max, couldn't have given a **** about his patients (he only cared about "the puzzle"), etc. You can do good things and still be completely unlikeable.

Edit: Forgot to mention that House tortured a patient at one point.

---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.
(edited by mahroflcopter)
2 years ago#17
SlaveBlade posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...
Raycon posted...
but you cannot tell me that for you DmC seems just as bad?

Donte as a character has been nothing short of unlikeable from what has been show. So for me at lesat, yes, it is "that" bad. I don't play God of War games for the same reason; I like to have a protagonist that has some charm or redeeming qualities to them (none of which I have observed in our new protagonist).

This.

You guys aren't even looking at what is presented, lol.

From what I see, there's nothing likable about DmC Dante. So far, I see nothing that could make me root for the MC.

If I don't like the main character or find him interesting, my enjoyment will be limited. Especially if I have to play as the main character throughout the game (sorry, but the Vergil DLC isn't enough for me to buy this game)
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
2 years ago#18
mahroflcopter posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
You didn't look very hard, did you? i guess putting your life on the line to save a person is just so unlikable to you >_>

House from House MD saved many lives... he was still an unlikeable ass who basically experimented on patients, committed several crimes, was a complete ass to everyone around him, lied to his patients on a regular basis, stole drugs from patients/friends/the hospital, played into a patient's mental condition nearly getting them killed, ridiculed his colleagues, ridiculed anyone who had any kind of faith in anything, was narcissistic to the max, couldn't have given a **** about his patients (he only cared about "the puzzle"), etc. You can do good things and still be completely unlikeable.

Edit: Forgot to mention that House tortured a patient at one point.

House was likable, lol.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
2 years ago#19
Sorry TC, you lost me at "i'm a furry who dreams of princess amy every night and i own the entire sonix x collection on dvd *snort* just like the rest of the remains of the sonic fanbase"

Go take it to your furry fanfiction website or sumth'n
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
2 years ago#20
Dragoon_Kail posted...
Sorry TC, you lost me at "i'm a furry who dreams of princess amy every night and i own the entire sonix x collection on dvd *snort* just like the rest of the remains of the sonic fanbase"

Go take it to your furry fanfiction website or sumth'n

Cause antis never troll
M-EYE-Rite?
---
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. The DMC's fanbase seems even worse than Sonic's...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived