The DMC's fanbase seems even worse than Sonic's...

#61SephirothDZXPosted 11/30/2012 2:50:10 PM
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
Raycon posted...
but you cannot tell me that for you DmC seems just as bad?

Donte as a character has been nothing short of unlikeable from what has been show. So for me at lesat, yes, it is "that" bad. I don't play God of War games for the same reason; I like to have a protagonist that has some charm or redeeming qualities to them (none of which I have observed in our new protagonist).

You know, I really find it hard to believe that Kratos is more likeable than New Dante... I just can't see that at all. New Dante has NO charm or redeeming qualities? That's pushing it.

I'm prone to agree that Kratos is more likeable than New Dante from what we've seen thus far.

Kratos had the benefit of constantly being so comically over the top with his anger at times that you couldn't help but smile and laugh.
#62smithkakarotPosted 11/30/2012 2:55:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn7gsuoVmWs

Now Eggman can play with himself! :D
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#63TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 11/30/2012 2:57:26 PM
SephirothDZX posted...
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
Raycon posted...

Donte as a character has been nothing short of unlikeable from what has been show. So for me at lesat, yes, it is "that" bad. I don't play God of War games for the same reason; I like to have a protagonist that has some charm or redeeming qualities to them (none of which I have observed in our new protagonist).

You know, I really find it hard to believe that Kratos is more likeable than New Dante... I just can't see that at all. New Dante has NO charm or redeeming qualities? That's pushing it.

I'm prone to agree that Kratos is more likeable than New Dante from what we've seen thus far.

Kratos had the benefit of constantly being so comically over the top with his anger at times that you couldn't help but smile and laugh.

Kratos has had the development of how many games? And you compare him to a person we've seen in trailers and a demo. Of course he's going to be more likeable, right?

And I've seen New Dante try to save a friend in need... are you telling me that's irredeemable?
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Black 2 FC: 2967 6431 8466 [Josh]
#64SephirothDZXPosted 11/30/2012 3:16:52 PM
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
SephirothDZX posted...
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
Raycon posted...

Kratos has had the development of how many games? And you compare him to a person we've seen in trailers and a demo. Of course he's going to be more likeable, right?

And I've seen New Dante try to save a friend in need... are you telling me that's irredeemable?

Well the fact that Kratos is being compared to Reboot Dante, given Kratos having all of that extra development time, and it's still decent comparison is an indoctrination against Kratos already.

And it's not like Kratos hasn't tried to save anyone either. See: Pandora in GOW3.
#65RayconPosted 11/30/2012 3:19:58 PM
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
Raycon posted...

Never said Kratos was more likeable than Donte. In fact, I said I avoid both games for the same reason. Unlikeable main character? No incentive to play it. There's nothing entertaining about playing as a pompous douche. Maybe that part's just me.
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#66Hunter1534Posted 11/30/2012 3:44:29 PM
Here's the real question. Would dragon insult shadowzero to his face? 100% sure he wouldn't. So I suggest he keep his childish mouth shut, por favor.
---
Yo momma got caught givin' up neck in the bathroom at the Woodcrest country club, and it wasn't yo daddy.
#67SlaveBladePosted 11/30/2012 9:43:07 PM
SephirothDZX posted...
--Characters once likeable and fun are now unlikeable and bland

--Gameplay takes several steps backward

--Horrible voice acting

--Unnecessary control scheme changes

--No lock on system anymore

Explain to me why DMC fans shouldn't be upset?

Things bolded are laughably opinion based and not to be taken as fact.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#68KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/30/2012 9:45:09 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
SephirothDZX posted...

--Horrible voice acting

The gameplay has actually taken steps back, you can't deny that. The rest are indeed opinions.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#69SlaveBladePosted 11/30/2012 9:46:54 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
SephirothDZX posted...

--Horrible voice acting

The gameplay has actually taken steps back, you can't deny that. The rest are indeed opinions.

I am denying it since it's based on what I value.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#70KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/30/2012 9:49:39 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
SephirothDZX posted...

--Horrible voice acting

I am denying it since it's based on what I value.

Dude, your values have nothing to do with it. One of the selling points of this game is the dumbed down (or casualized) gameplay. You can't deny it if Capcom themselves have said that the game is simpler. Simpler is pretty much saying dumbed down, aka downgraded.

Some people will like it better downgraded, but it is in fact downgraded.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]