The DMC's fanbase seems even worse than Sonic's...

#71SlaveBladePosted 11/30/2012 9:59:45 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
SephirothDZX posted...
--Characters once likeable and fun are now unlikeable and bland

--Gameplay takes several steps backward

--Horrible voice acting

--Unnecessary control scheme changes

--No lock on system anymore

Explain to me why DMC fans shouldn't be upset?

Things bolded are laughably opinion based and not to be taken as fact.

The gameplay has actually taken steps back, you can't deny that. The rest are indeed opinions.

I am denying it since it's based on what I value.

Dude, your values have nothing to do with it. One of the selling points of this game is the dumbed down (or casualized) gameplay. You can't deny it if Capcom themselves have said that the game is simpler. Simpler is pretty much saying dumbed down, aka downgraded.

Some people will like it better downgraded, but it is in fact downgraded.

You say downgraded I say simpler. Difference of opinion. either get the **** over it that I have different values, or you could just not even bother talking to me.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#72KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/30/2012 10:01:54 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
You say downgraded I say simpler. Difference of opinion. either get the **** over it that I have different values, or you could just not even bother talking to me.

It's not..... oh god, why don't you get this? Compared to the previous games, it's a downgrade pure and simple. You can cover your ears and deny it all you want, but it's a straight up fact. Making it simpler is a downgrade to the series. It may not seem like a downgrade to you, but in a technical sense, it's a downgrade.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#73SlaveBladePosted 11/30/2012 10:21:24 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

It's not..... oh god, why don't you get this? Compared to the previous games, it's a downgrade pure and simple. You can cover your ears and deny it all you want, but it's a straight up fact. Making it simpler is a downgrade to the series. It may not seem like a downgrade to you, but in a technical sense, it's a downgrade.

Removing clutter from my room is not considered downgrading my room. They removed the clutter of a style system that was in DMC4, so... Simpler is better.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#74KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/30/2012 10:24:42 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

Removing clutter from my room is not considered downgrading my room. They removed the clutter of a style system that was in DMC4, so... Simpler is better.

So removing options is better? If I buy a new car and it comes with less things included for the same price, it's better? That sounds worse to me. Styles were not clutter, some people didn't use them as much, but they weren't clutter since others utilized them. Simpler=/= better in a series about stylish and (to a degree) complex combat. It's like saying "We'll make Sonic slower so people can control him better". Less speed in a sonic game is a downgrade, and an oversimplified combat scheme in a DMC game is also a downgrade.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#75SlaveBladePosted 11/30/2012 10:28:29 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

So removing options is better? If I buy a new car and it comes with less things included for the same price, it's better? That sounds worse to me. Styles were not clutter, some people didn't use them as much, but they weren't clutter since others utilized them. Simpler=/= better in a series about stylish and (to a degree) complex combat. It's like saying "We'll make Sonic slower so people can control him better". Less speed in a sonic game is a downgrade, and an oversimplified combat scheme in a DMC game is also a downgrade.

giving you options that are stupid to actually utilize effectively (keep hitting the D-pad, I'm sure your thumb won't be hurting after a good session!) is considered clutter. It's not as bad as the N64 controller and its D-Pad/Control stick setup, but having to use the D-pad to switch styles was horrendous and whoever though of it should have really felt bad about themselves for it.
---
#76DuuuDe14Posted 11/30/2012 10:28:50 PM
Dude calm yourself. He wont listen to reason. Just follow my lead and buckle down for the ride. Nobodies opinions of this game aren't gonna change until the game comes out.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of the UMvC3 board
http://i.imgur.com/QqM2W.jpg Silly Tameem, DMCs are for Kamiya.- Solid_Belmont
#77KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/30/2012 10:29:58 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Dude calm yourself. He wont listen to reason. Just follow my lead and buckle down for the ride. Nobodies opinions of this game aren't gonna change until the game comes out.

I know he likes arguing, but now he's just acting like a kid being told Santa isn't real. He keeps denying it even though it's pretty much a selling point that Capcom confirmed.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#78DuuuDe14Posted 11/30/2012 10:32:02 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

I know he likes arguing, but now he's just acting like a kid being told Santa isn't real. He keeps denying it even though it's pretty much a selling point that Capcom confirmed.

Listen to me. Relax yourself. The cycle wont end until release day. So just buckle down and enjoy the ride. Nobody likes shouting at a wall. Well except me. She never quites me ^_^

Anyway arguing is futile.
---
#79SlaveBladePosted 11/30/2012 10:43:13 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

Santa (as the present gviing fat jolly man sliding down chimneys) not being real is fact. Removing clutter equalling a downgrade is not in this instance, it's preference. If I remove a feature that I feel detracts from the over all experience, I'd call it a net benefit.
---
#80DuuuDe14Posted 11/30/2012 10:45:28 PM
Enough with the fighting. Ignore him for now. Save it for release and afterward. I'm gonna make a topic for us to relax in and get some laughs going.

Im tired of all this fighting. Its pointless and annoying. It wont change a thing.
---