I enjoyed the demo.

#41TheDromaderPosted 12/2/2012 3:51:16 AM
I dont really mind the lack of manual lock-on so much since the combat seems to be buildt around auto lock-on, for better or worse. I DO however miss taunting greatly, like to many it became a second nature after executing a combo, theres just something missing in the combat because of it. I wish they would just map it to select instead of the inventory that noone uses, or atleast give us an option to overwrite it like they allowed us to do with every other button and action. Also, Im not a fan of the style meter permanently staying on a rank thought the entire encounter unless you get hit. Though, these two features could easly be fixed or patched in after release if it wasnt for the bullcrap reasons for theyr exclusion. Atleast making taunts unlockable after finishing the story would be somewhat acceptable, if a bit backhanded, but hey, atleast they would be in after dealing with all the drama thats going on with the story, AKA F**k you and Juliet.
#42Pesmerga255Posted 12/2/2012 3:53:07 AM
Also, Im not a fan of the style meter permanently staying on a rank thought the entire encounter unless you get hit.

There shouldn't even be a style meter. It's a meaningless mechanic. They should make it like GOW where you just get a hit counter.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#43StrelokPosted 12/2/2012 3:56:54 AM
Terrible idea, basically the Vergil setup from DMC3.

This is how should work with toggles, like on/off switches with the Angel/demon toggles overriding each other.

For example, you are in human form and want to change into angel form, you press L2. From Angel form you want to change back into human form. You press L2 again. Easy

You are in Angel form and want to switch to Demon form. Press R2. Now you want to return to human form. Press R2 again.

You are in Angel form and want to switch to Demon form. Press R2. Now you want to return to Angel form. Press L2. Now you want to return to human form. Press L2 again.

That is what I meant, however I was playing a D&D game as well at that point (online game, nobody in my immediate region plays D&D) and I put it down all wrong.
But thanks for correcting either way.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#44TheDromaderPosted 12/2/2012 3:56:58 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Also, Im not a fan of the style meter permanently staying on a rank thought the entire encounter unless you get hit.

There shouldn't even be a style meter. It's a meaningless mechanic. They should make it like GOW where you just get a hit counter.

Man, u should work for NT or sumthin!