So, why did we need a reboot (Series sales thread)

#21jgrulzPosted 12/1/2012 3:09:54 AM
Ether101 posted...
joegt123 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
joegt123 posted...
With numbers like that I'm amazed they didn't can the series before 4. Lucky they sold as much of 4 as they did or not even this derpboot would be happening.

Those are actually good sales though...

I mean the fact that each game sold less and less. 3, arguably the best, sold the least. Clearly it was a trend seeming to form, there.

DMC2 soled well because of DMC1's reputation.
DMC3 soled badly because DMC2's reputation.
DMC4 soled well because of DMC3's reputation.

There's a pattern there.

"soled"? Really?
---
GameFaqs. Where opinions pose as facts and opposite opinions are seen as trolling.
#22ShinWeskerPosted 12/1/2012 3:13:07 AM
Ether101 posted...
joegt123 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
joegt123 posted...
With numbers like that I'm amazed they didn't can the series before 4. Lucky they sold as much of 4 as they did or not even this derpboot would be happening.

I mean the fact that each game sold less and less. 3, arguably the best, sold the least. Clearly it was a trend seeming to form, there.

There's a pattern there.

This guy has it right.

People were like MAN DMC2 ! I need to buy it! It sure improved a lot.

Same stuff with Resident Evil. 5 and 6 weren't really good games, but they sold based on their reputation.
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.
#23FireMage7777Posted 12/1/2012 3:16:56 AM
ShinWesker posted...
Ether101 posted...
joegt123 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
joegt123 posted...

There's a pattern there.

This guy has it right.

People were like MAN DMC2 ! I need to buy it! It sure improved a lot.

Same stuff with Resident Evil. 5 and 6 weren't really good games, but they sold based on their reputation.

Okay...6 sure, but 5...
---
This is a "boss" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmIldyRCOkA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
#24Kakashi_LawyerPosted 12/1/2012 8:01:55 AM
^ RE6 is better then 5 so sure.
---
" A young fighter screaming, with no time for doubt. With the pain and anger cant see a way out,
I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now. "
#25Blackmarvel79Posted 12/1/2012 8:10:31 AM
Raycon posted...
Cause they saw other action games selling more. Naturally, Capcom wanted a piece of that pie.

Just like they did with Resident Evil after they saw the Call of Duty sales numbers.

terrible logic. Resident Evil 6 is nothing like CoD. Anyone who says it is never played CoD or is just plain dumb.
---
Currently playing Resident Evil 6 and Peace Walker.
#26XenilPosted 12/1/2012 8:13:37 AM
Yes it doesn't make sense; but when has Capcom ever made sense?
#27ChaingunmasterPosted 12/1/2012 8:14:08 AM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Raycon posted...
Cause they saw other action games selling more. Naturally, Capcom wanted a piece of that pie.

Just like they did with Resident Evil after they saw the Call of Duty sales numbers.

terrible logic. Resident Evil 6 is nothing like CoD. Anyone who says it is never played CoD or is just plain dumb.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/887945-resident-evil-to-attract-call-of-duty-players-says-capcom
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#28LancerLigarPosted 12/1/2012 9:39:48 AM
its not a reboot
---
Gamertag: Lunar Legend PSN: LunarLegendX
#29antking61Posted 12/1/2012 9:46:47 AM
joegt123 posted...
Pay attention to the whole discussion.... I was saying that I was amazed that the series wasn't canned after 3 due to falling sales. Though if it discludes subsequent releases, then we don't have the numbers on SE. Which does make the point rather invalid.

They didn't can it due to it's high praise among the community. Honestly if they'd advertised DMC4 like they did RE:ORC and RE6 then it would have probably sold another mil at least.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#30_Uwye_Posted 12/1/2012 9:47:49 AM
It's an alternate continuity and Capcom said that they will decide which series will continue after DmC will be out. If it's not a reboot I don't know what is.