So, why did we need a reboot (Series sales thread)

#31ABadNuffDudePosted 12/1/2012 10:06:33 AM
One thing I've never understood about these sales figures, where exactly is the stopping point? Release date? The first week? The first month? You can still buy DMC4 new now if you want (hell the PC version probably still sells due to mods and such) so are these sells numbers ever really accurate?

It's like Dishonored for instance vgchartz says it sold 0.72 on 360 (don't feel like adding all 3 together lol) but what about the people who'll probably buy it after trying it at a friends house or the Christmas kids? And even sells up into next year. If it were my game that money'd be just as significant to me.

Then if I remember correctly downloads are never in these numbers right? That's like 90% of PC games and a smaller but maybe still significant number on consoles (mostly PS3 probably with their "same day digital" thing) nowadays right there.
---
Official Daigo Umehara of Hentai games.
#32antking61Posted 12/1/2012 10:09:14 AM
^ They don't count for used game sales, that's all I really know. Pretty sure it's lifetime sales for new copies. Of course they don't count re-releases, and HD collections.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#33Shaft228Posted 12/1/2012 10:10:40 AM
I think God of War 3 sold better than it on one system, so they obviously wanted to bring in GoW fans, which is why they enlisted a dev who made a western HnS before.

What they should have accounted for is heavenly sword sold less than DMC4 and shallow western HnS gameplay isn't what the previous community wanted, and their PR for the whole thing with Tameem has been a disaster.

Time will tell if this strategy will equal more sales. I don't see DmC selling anywhere near 2.7 mil, nevermind the 5 they want.
#34DarkJaydragonPosted 12/1/2012 10:15:30 AM
DMC 4 actually sold the worse when you consider it was the only game of the whole series to be multi-platform and yet despite being on xbox, ps3 and pc, it should have sold more but didn't.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#35antking61Posted 12/1/2012 10:20:58 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
DMC 4 actually sold the worse when you consider it was the only game of the whole series to be multi-platform and yet despite being on xbox, ps3 and pc, it should have sold more but didn't.

Not actually. The numbers of PS2 owners was split between the PS3 and 360 earlier in this generation. It is the highest selling. Splitting it doesn't really do anything different compared to last gen.
---
#36MrStarkillerPosted 12/1/2012 10:26:07 AM
Shaft: >bring in GoW fans
Not with this nonsense. Bayonetta is a better bridge of that gap. Just tone down the wacky Jap antics and pour on the grimdark grit and 'realism'. Make it brutal. DMC is extremely soft while being quite flashy. It's a very different feel. Gothic, yet silly. But really, just be yourself, DMC. This bastardized version is undesirable.
#37DarkJaydragonPosted 12/1/2012 10:27:55 AM
antking61 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

Not actually. The numbers of PS2 owners was split between the PS3 and 360 earlier in this generation. It is the highest selling. Splitting it doesn't really do anything different compared to last gen.

Brings more users to the fan-base that didn't own a ps2, so it should have the original fan-base plus the new people on different consoles, it should have sold more.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#38antking61Posted 12/1/2012 10:43:30 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
Brings more users to the fan-base that didn't own a ps2, so it should have the original fan-base plus the new people on different consoles, it should have sold more.

What kind of logic is that? You know that many 360 owners had a PS2 as well right? Many 360 DMC4 players weren't new to the series. There's no rule that states if you buy a 360 you never could have had a PS2.
---
#39DarkJaydragonPosted 12/1/2012 10:46:09 AM
antking61 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

What kind of logic is that? You know that many 360 owners had a PS2 as well right? Many 360 DMC4 players weren't new to the series. There's no rule that states if you buy a 360 you never could have had a PS2.

Exactly, more consoles/pcs = more users.

The sales should have reflected this and had a bigger increase in sales but didn't.
---
#40Blackmarvel79Posted 12/1/2012 10:52:32 AM
Chaingunmaster posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Raycon posted...
Cause they saw other action games selling more. Naturally, Capcom wanted a piece of that pie.

Just like they did with Resident Evil after they saw the Call of Duty sales numbers.

terrible logic. Resident Evil 6 is nothing like CoD. Anyone who says it is never played CoD or is just plain dumb.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/887945-resident-evil-to-attract-call-of-duty-players-says-capcom

Its still nothing like CoD. Completely different products. Use you brain not BS links.
---
Currently playing Resident Evil 6 and Peace Walker.