So, why did we need a reboot (Series sales thread)

#41Dragoon_KailPosted 12/1/2012 10:07:58 AM
The basic gist of the reboot reasons is everyone involved with dmc3 & dmc4 quit capcom, including the writter; whom as previously mentioned by others was laying the ground work for a trilogy about Nero which i guess would've covered dmc4-6, would've very likely brough back real Vergil and would've been incredibly awesome thus adding nitrogliceran to the fire when DmC was announced instead of DMC5 which is what everyone wanted

The other thing i recall from the tools at capcom was them mentioning they liked the look of enslaved (i don't even....) and just gave the IP to NT, who wanted to stay more traditional but capcom said "nope! change everything! we love pissing off our fanbase" and thus NT used the oppertunity to make heavenly sword 2; which is the game they wanted to make all along, so everyone loses~! hurray!
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#42ChaingunmasterPosted 12/1/2012 10:57:21 AM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Raycon posted...
Cause they saw other action games selling more. Naturally, Capcom wanted a piece of that pie.

Just like they did with Resident Evil after they saw the Call of Duty sales numbers.

terrible logic. Resident Evil 6 is nothing like CoD. Anyone who says it is never played CoD or is just plain dumb.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/887945-resident-evil-to-attract-call-of-duty-players-says-capcom

Its still nothing like CoD. Completely different products. Use you brain not BS links.

It's not a "BS link", it shows who they are aiming RE at nowadays.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#43Blackmarvel79Posted 12/1/2012 11:11:03 AM
Aim and gameplay are two different things there is still no comparison. More action doesnt make CoD. Your not using your brain.
---
Currently playing Resident Evil 6 and Peace Walker.
#44ChaingunmasterPosted 12/1/2012 11:14:05 AM
There is a correlation between the two; how can you aim to appeal to a fan of one game without adjusting the gameplay of your game to at least somewhat match the other?
Also, stop saying I'm not using my brain, it's clear you are the one who isn't putting much thought into your argument.
---
#45Blackmarvel79Posted 12/1/2012 11:25:27 AM(edited)
Spoken like a man who lacks common sense. Explain in great detail how resident Evil 6 is Like Cod. And no shooting enemies is not a good point.
---
#46ChaingunmasterPosted 12/1/2012 11:25:36 AM
Oh, so you've run out of ways to defend your crappy argument and are now just resorting to insults? Got it.
---
#47Blackmarvel79Posted 12/1/2012 11:29:45 AM
Im still waiting for a reasonable and logical explanation. Not deflection. Not some link or random opinion.
---