Today, as we speak, the demo is downloaded

#1StrelokPosted 12/1/2012 8:08:23 AM
And I will give my opinion on it tomorrow, after playing it.
We shall see if I feel if the countless movies were right, or really as atrocious as they make the game seem to be.
I will not record a damned thing, mainly because my X-Box doubles as a DVD player for my brother. Not going to carry a console through the house twice (in before size of X Box jokes).

Yes, on the Box. Not the PS3. Because the box' problem was really easy to fix, and didn't cost me a cent The PS3 has a broken graphical CPU.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#2UnknownWinPosted 12/1/2012 8:26:55 AM
Will your opinion have pros and cons or just cons? But anyway I hope you enjoy it if you're looking forward the game, I don't like DmC that much. But I find it an alright game so i'm getting it used.
#3Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:49:27 AM
I am *hoping* to find anything redeemable in this thing, so that I can at least say that the NT team has tried making an enjoyable game and is free of blame to this abomination to Mankind.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#4KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/1/2012 8:50:45 AM
Just keep your expectations low. It'll make it slightly more enjoyable.

Also, don't expect it to feel like a DMC game.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#5ABadNuffDudePosted 12/1/2012 8:51:07 AM
Heh you're just now trying the demo? You really don't like this game do you Strelok lol.
I think you're doing the right thing playing it on the 360 though. The PS3 version, atleast for me had alot of graphical and sound problems. I also thought the 360 controller works better for this game... which is weird considering I once tried to play DMC4 on 360 and it felt so wrong that it was almost like my hands were "ghosting" a PS controller or something... I couldn't get use to the different feel for crap.

I'm honestly not expecting you to like it much though considering it was the demo's horrible (imo) gameplay that pushed me over from "neutral who might buy it cause it looks ok" to "full on anti cause this thing plays like s*** (imo)".
---
Official Daigo Umehara of Hentai games.
#6Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 10:25:01 AM
Well, just finished Son of Sparda. I didn't do the side missions or collect every item because honestly I don't give a damn.

I will put my verdict in a movie later, likely tomorrow.

However, I can tell one thing we all saw coming miles away.
This game is WAY too damned easy.
I did not die *ONCE* and this was despite that the controls are extremely awkward with having to hold the damned shoulder buttons. I swear, I got cramp in my index finger because of it.
The pull being assigned to *trigger + shoot* was also a questionable decision, IMO.

The controls, as they are, are damned awful. They work and don't lag (which was a welcome thing after Heavenly Sword) and are definitely more interesting than in Enslaved but... uuurgh. This is artificial difficulty. Bad controls. I seriously can't say it enough how much these suck, ESPECIALLY after seeing how it *CAN* be done like in Bayonetta, DMC4 and even f***ing WET! Seriously, WET did it better than this game.

All in all, Ninja Theories best game.
Which really doesn't say much. Gameplaywise I would say it's *EASIER* than DMC2. At least melee had some risks in DMC on Hard/Dante Must Die. In here you can practically dodge and murder them, if the terrible autolockon lets you (I actually pulled effing mooks instead of chainsaw guys because the game decided it)

Now I'll stop. Will post vid tomorrow.
---
#7MrStarkillerPosted 12/1/2012 10:28:41 AM
>hope
It is for the weak.
#8JackJunk8Posted 12/1/2012 10:32:20 AM
quit griping about the controls, learn them and get used to them and you will have a much better time.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#9Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 10:34:52 AM
Closer to the first step on the road to disappointment.
SANITY is for the weak though.

All in all I can't say I was disappointed. But I wasn't pleasantly surprised either. I was mostly wondering why the flying **** it was so damned easy
Seriously, I'm not the best player in the universe, a lot of youtube combo vids outright stun me. I never got SSS ranks on DMD in DMC4.

But seriously, it's been months since I last played a H&S game, other than 2 hours of Darksiders.

When I complete Son of Sparda without dying (I wouldn't say without getting hit, I didn't care that much once I saw that getting hit practically does no harm to your health whatsoever), or at least getting CLOSE to dying something is wrong.
---
#10Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 10:35:34 AM
No Jackjunk, I will not have a better time.
I gave my opinion on the controls. They suck. When you need to adjust to learn controls instead of it coming naturally, they suck.
---