Wow, the demo was actually pretty good.

#1YoungGganonPosted 12/1/2012 9:09:13 PM(edited)
Despite the annoying and childish dialogue I was actually pretty impressed with the game. It was fun, had a neat, fresh concept to it, and I wasn't even bothered by this Dante. The voice actors could be better though, I don't really care for them or the whole "anti establishment" vibe it's got going on. Doesn't really come off as edgy, seems more like just a pack of brats rebelling against the "evil government". I think it would've been much more interesting if they weren't so blatant about how evil and corrupt the system is, you know? Like maybe, the find out who Dante is, start to mess with him, and he finds out all this stuff about it?

That was probably my biggest peeve with this demo, is how rushed all the information and abilities seems. I mean, he has all these powers, and even on the hardest difficulty I had no problem with playing. It sounds like I hated it, but I actually enjoyed it. I have a lot of grievances but they aren't real severe to the point of making me upset. It just comes across as not a Devil May Cry game. I think this could have been MUCH more successful if it wasn't a DMC game. The characters are (slightly) interesting, awesome level design and environments, the music is enjoyable, even character designs are pretty modern.

I hope, and I don't think they'll do this, but I hope that the actual game isn't as rushed in explaining the corruption of the city, Vergil, Dante, his parents and powers, etc. That's some of the most interesting stuff! Not to mention if they kept the whole "alternate dimension" thing a secret and a plot twist at the end? Could be a great story. I'm pretty excited for this game, though I don't think it's a Day 1 purchase. To think I started out wanting to hate this game with every fiber of my being.

Oh, and does anyone else think that Vergil looks like Justin Timberlake with his fedora? I don't know, I thought so....
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#2megamaticsPosted 12/1/2012 9:22:43 PM
I may be too tired to write coherent posts buy I will say this.."I didn't like the demo", To me is was a cluster of things I didn't want when I played a Devil May Cry game. When I play Raw Button mashers I usually go for something like Mortal Wombat shoalin Monks. this just didn't deliver that experience for me.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#3Shinra-ArmyPosted 12/1/2012 9:43:54 PM
AND EVA?! THE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRr
---
WRRYYYYers posted...
I am a former Spetsnaz operative and I have killed a taekwondo master before.
#4NofumasaPosted 12/1/2012 10:07:13 PM
Shinra-Army posted...
AND EVA?! THE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRr

As appetizing as that sounds...

I think I'll pass
---
I am Nofumasa Baba.
Brother of Nobufasa Baba.
#5ShadowZero007Posted 12/1/2012 10:11:32 PM
I rather enjoyed it too.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#6NarcelesPosted 12/1/2012 10:51:24 PM
I think it would've been much more interesting if they weren't so blatant about how evil and corrupt the system is

In theory I agree, but how subtle can you really be when there are literally demon spawn running throughout the streets?
---
"Narceles, don't try to argue or reason with hippies and commies." -menalaos1971
Lazarus threw the party. Lazarus threw the fight.
#7Pesmerga255Posted 12/2/2012 1:14:28 AM
Narceles posted...
I think it would've been much more interesting if they weren't so blatant about how evil and corrupt the system is

In theory I agree, but how subtle can you really be when there are literally demon spawn running throughout the streets?

They're just doing that to show how stupid and blind the general population is. It's clearly them saying that anybody that buys this game is an idiot.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#8FNP88Posted 12/2/2012 1:52:54 AM
You know how you said you wanted to hate this game with every fiber of your being TC? Well so did these guys ^. Except they aren't as open minded as you, they forced themselves to hate it. I agree with what you said, and think the demo didn't do a great job of portraying the story. I think they just wanted to make sure you had an angel/demon weapon, and that it wasn't insanely hard for people who aren't used to DMCs difficulty. From what i understand Dante isn't really aware of why he is being tormented by demons at the start of the game. They basically just drag him into limbo whenever they want and try to kill him, so he is a dick and hates the world. Then he meets Kat and Vergil and apparently grows into a different person. I think the story has potential.
#9MajesticFerretPosted 12/2/2012 1:54:13 AM
There's really on 2 ways to poke at the government:

1. Be super subtle.
2. Be so ridiculously unsubtle you practically "demonize" or make fun of it.

If you're in between, you might as well just listen to a political adviser talk about what's wrong with our government, and no one wants to hear that crap.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#10caffiend7Posted 12/2/2012 2:21:36 AM
F*** YOU :)
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"