Rumor: Ninja Theory petitioning Capcom to reboot Onimusha?

#1fioriPosted 12/2/2012 5:46:32 AM
Ii'm not sure if it's new, but here is the last info I've found about that:

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/11/30/ninja-theory-petitioning-capcom-to-reboot-onimusha-on-next-gen-consoles/

Thoughts?
#2ShadowZero007Posted 12/2/2012 5:48:12 AM
If indeed they did ask; I suppose DmC's performance will be the the deciding factor in how Capcom responds.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#3Pesmerga255Posted 12/2/2012 5:48:22 AM
I doubt they'll still be in business after this bombs.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#4TheDromaderPosted 12/2/2012 5:49:11 AM
OniMusha: Revengeance of Jean Reno
#5_Uwye_Posted 12/2/2012 5:49:43 AM
They should also reboot Megaman while they are at it.

More seriously, Onimusha is an IP that fits better they art style but I reeeeall don't trust them when it comes to game design.
#6Pesmerga255Posted 12/2/2012 5:50:13 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
They should also reboot Megaman while they are at it.

More seriously, Onimusha is an IP that fits better they art style but I reeeeall don't trust them when it comes to game design.

OMG!!! Imagine a NT Megaman!!! I think it might somehow top Heavenly Sword!
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 12/2/2012 5:58:11 AM
How about they stick to their own stories. It's not as if they are capable of a reboot.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#8UnknownWinPosted 12/2/2012 5:58:16 AM
All Capcoms games get a free reboot by Ninja Thoery!!
Even Resident Evil and Mega Man... CAN'T WAIT.
#9TheOriginalMaxPosted 12/2/2012 6:00:58 AM
_Uwye_ posted...

I agree tbh. But it's just so disheartening to see that Japanese devs have become so unsure about their own capabilities. Oni3, for instance, sold like hotcakes and it was completely Japanese-made, sure times have changed, as has the industry, but I think people are jumping the gun now. Also after what happened with DmC I would rather have it so that NT didn't touch series I liked. They should just stay with their own IPs imo, create their own style of games, not make other games of different style into their style. I hate it when everything gets made into an indistinguishable clump of mass =/

Please NT, just leave other series alone. The whole thing with DmC has been a PR nightmare, but I guess the sales will prove whatever point they'll prove.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#10fiori(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 6:07:25 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...
_Uwye_ posted...

I agree tbh. But it's just so disheartening to see that Japanese devs have become so unsure about their own capabilities. Oni3, for instance, sold like hotcakes and it was completely Japanese-made, sure times have changed, as has the industry, but I think people are jumping the gun now. Also after what happened with DmC I would rather have it so that NT didn't touch series I liked. They should just stay with their own IPs imo, create their own style of games, not make other games of different style into their style. I hate it when everything gets made into an indistinguishable clump of mass =/

Please NT, just leave other series alone. The whole thing with DmC has been a PR nightmare, but I guess the sales will prove whatever point they'll prove.

I don't know anything about Oni 3 being completely japanese-made...

I didn't have the "japanese feeling" from both Oni 1 and 2. To be honest, Oni 3 was much more american than previous ones. Time travel for example. That was a load of BS. I really hate Oni 3 and Dawn of Dreams. Oni 1 and 2 were perfect, though, in my view.