Rumor: Ninja Theory petitioning Capcom to reboot Onimusha?

#31sworderPosted 12/2/2012 10:29:50 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...
This is an interesting point of view. Would it really be better to get anything at all rather than nothing? "At least we get something" is a very common statement I hear. Is it really better to "at least get something"? Is that form of satisficing truly constructive? Now, to be fair, there hasn't been a new Onimusha this gen at all, so I presume it's safe to say the series is somewhat "dead". But I also find it a bit counter productive to basically just throw something in the mixer in hopes of it becoming at least something. Wouldn't the better option be to either get something you are more likely to like rather than something that's on questionable grounds the moment any information about it is made public?

You are not choosing between something you might like and something on questionable grounds. You would be choosing between something on questionable grounds or nothing.

I take the questionable grounds easily. If you like it, you buy it. If you don't, then you aren't losing anything since Capcom wasn't gonna make one in the first place.

This wouldn't be like DMC where Kamiya or Itsuno were also options. It's really NT or no one at this point, I don't see anyone else asking to let them reboot it.
#32TheOriginalMaxPosted 12/2/2012 11:27:48 AM
sworder posted...
You are not choosing between something you might like and something on questionable grounds. You would be choosing between something on questionable grounds or nothing.

I take the questionable grounds easily. If you like it, you buy it. If you don't, then you aren't losing anything since Capcom wasn't gonna make one in the first place.

This wouldn't be like DMC where Kamiya or Itsuno were also options. It's really NT or no one at this point, I don't see anyone else asking to let them reboot it.

Ah sorry, I should have specified with the firs point. It was in relation to a studio more capable of doing a proper Onimusha, like in-house Capcom. And of course, I completely agree with like and not like. That wasn't what I was arguing though. I was arguing the point of just wanting something over nothing... That for some reason you just repeated.

You really believe only NT is available? Ok. I believe there are other options and will not start satisficing with the closest option available.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.