Capcom should just announce DMC 5.

#1DarkJaydragonPosted 12/2/2012 5:20:28 AM
Just to get people to buy this then never make or release DMC 5.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 12/2/2012 5:21:09 AM
They might announce it and then say "There wasn't enough fan interest!!!" and cancel it. Good ol' Crapcom.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3fioriPosted 12/2/2012 5:27:13 AM
Capcom only cares about RE, unfortunately.

I still hope DmC will perform good, being just one stand alone game, without a sequel. Then Capcom could reveal DMC 5...

Megaman- destroyed by Capcom.

Dino Crisis- killed by Capcom.

Devil May Cry- it may have a sequel or not. NT said they won't make a DMC 5. It's up to Capcom.

Resident Evil- it's going to be destroyed eventually. It's a matter of time...
#4RichterB17Posted 12/2/2012 7:13:20 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...

That would be too much of a heart breaker and company suicide.
---
"The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" - Bane
#5DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 7:18:08 AM
RichterB17 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

Most people seem to be boycotting them now anyway, might as well lure them in.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#6FNP88Posted 12/2/2012 7:41:18 AM
You all realize that boycotting the game isn't going to make Capcom think that DmC was a failure, they are going to look at it as the western audience doesn't even want a hack and slash game. I'm sure they will be looking at MGR sales too, but Capcom always shoots for the stars and most likely wont see MGR sales as a good enough. I'm honestly fine with Capcom not making H&S anymore, but i pray P* continues.
#7goldwPosted 12/2/2012 7:58:00 AM
Capcom sets predictions for game sells far too high.

I don't understand on how they came to the conclusion that DmC would sell 5m, when the series hangs around 2 or 3m, and this game has severely divided the community. How they came to the conclusion the Lost Planet 2, sequel to the overwhelmingly mediocre Lost Planet, would be a smashing hit. Or Dragon's Dogma. Or canceling MML3 pretty much out of the blue, like they did.

Capcom, like EA, is in the middle of mass confusion. They keep throwing titles out there, and hoping one sticks. If it doesn't, it's dropped.
---
The Elbow of Peace shall cast judgement on the guilty
#8KyryloPosted 12/2/2012 8:36:23 AM
fiori posted...
Capcom only cares about RE, unfortunately.

I still hope DmC will perform good, being just one stand alone game, without a sequel. Then Capcom could reveal DMC 5...

Megaman- destroyed by Capcom.

Dino Crisis- killed by Capcom.

Devil May Cry- it may have a sequel or not. NT said they won't make a DMC 5. It's up to Capcom.

Resident Evil- it's going to be destroyed eventually. It's a matter of time...

Correction: RE6 killed franchise.
#9RichterB17Posted 12/2/2012 9:05:38 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
RichterB17 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

Most people seem to be boycotting them now anyway, might as well lure them in.

No, you don't go for the short term in business, you have to think of the long run. The smart decision would be to rectify their mistakes, not continue to do them. Tricking people would get them more money now, but they will lose more customers the more they become less trustworthy.
---
"The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" - Bane
#10shatterstarPosted 12/2/2012 9:22:43 AM(edited)
DarkJaydragon posted...

Why bother.

They've already made a profit off of all the Criticism and hatred for the game.

They've released a half ass HD collection in the mist of all the controversy that sent plenty of raging fans running to buy it. They gave the fans what they wanted by making Vergil playable and in his very own campaign. But here's the catch though! You either buy the game and get it for free or purchase the DLC later.

Either way, they're going to get all or some of your money. Capcom are clever as hell.

So there's no need to even go that low because they're already there.