I have to thank the Antis, for ensuring this game's sales.

#191Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:28:31 AM
Junta_Jast posted...
Taizuku posted...
They most certainly gave it at least 2 tries -facepalm-

If you wanna do that then this is also DMC's 5th try. You said they don't drop games without a couple of tries to keep them alive. I provided you with a situation that they didn't.

I didn't say to keep them alive, I said they give every game 2 tries. That's it. I didn't say what the goals of those tries were. You're putting words in my mouth.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#192Junta_JastPosted 12/3/2012 8:31:26 AM
Taizuku posted...
I didn't say to keep them alive, I said they give every game 2 tries. That's it. I didn't say what the goals of those tries were. You're putting words in my mouth.

Then this is still DMC's 5th try... >_>
I don't really see where you are going with this. You said they give every series 2 tries. I said they didn't with Megaman.
---
http://tinyurl.com/a2ahlju <--- My one true waifu, now and forever! My heart has settled, and shall wander no more! Aigis <3
#193Hvv0l24n9Posted 12/3/2012 8:35:51 AM
Junta_Jast posted...
Taizuku posted...

If you wanna do that then this is also DMC's 5th try. You said they don't drop games without a couple of tries to keep them alive. I provided you with a situation that they didn't.

Megaman hasn't been "dropped." Just because they canceled two games doesn't mean it's dead. It's last game was 2010. And there's another on the way. And they recently confirmed that more console games are coming.

I wish people get off of the Megaman thing. If Legends fans are upset about that cancellation, I understand, but that hardly means the series is freaking dead.

Hell, with how milked the series has been up until recently, it could use the rest.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#194Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:36:29 AM
Junta_Jast posted...
Taizuku posted...

Then this is still DMC's 5th try... >_>
I don't really see where you are going with this. You said they give every series 2 tries. I said they didn't with Megaman.

Okay, I see what you're saying. You interpreted what I said incorrectly. What I meant by what I said was "They hardly ever just make a one off game" You're interpreting what I said as "They ONLY do 2 tries".

Perhaps you should've read what I said again.
---
#195Malus_X6Posted 12/3/2012 8:37:54 AM(edited)
Junta_Jast posted...
Taizuku posted...

Megaman hasn't been "dropped." Just because they canceled two games doesn't mean it's dead. It's last game was 2010. And there's another on the way. And they recently confirmed that more console games are coming.

I wish people get off of the Megaman thing. If Legends fans are upset about that cancellation, I understand, but that hardly means the series is freaking dead.

Hell, with how milked the series has been up until recently, it could use the rest.

No... Megaman is pretty much on its way to the morgue. Its future dimmed considerably when Inafune left.

Ya know, since he created Megaman and all that.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#196Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:38:58 AM
Malus_X6 posted...
Junta_Jast posted...
Taizuku posted...

No... Megaman is pretty much on its way to the morgue. Its future dimmed considerably when Inafune left.

They're currently working on a Megaman iOS game...and plan on making more Megaman games...
---
#197thissongagainPosted 12/3/2012 8:44:30 AM
Any way back on topic what made you think this game's negative reception would help it?
#198Malus_X6Posted 12/3/2012 8:46:38 AM
Malus_X6 posted...
Junta_Jast posted...
Taizuku posted...

They're currently working on a Megaman iOS game...and plan on making more Megaman games...

Yeah... I don't get the warm and fuzzy feeling from that.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#199Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:51:17 AM
thissongagain posted...
Any way back on topic what made you think this game's negative reception would help it?

The main thing that makes publicity, even negative publicity useful is notoriety. Regardless of how many people like it or not, neg publicity isn't really going to lower sales (in this case seeing as the neg publicity is just for the game itself and not for anything detrimental to society or in that vein). The people that aren't going to buy it just aren't going to buy it in the eyes of the industry, which means they don't even count as a potential sale. However, since neg publicity brings your name to the surface, there's more people that get to see, those people, are the potential sales. People that are against the game can only be convinced to get it. People that are new can be convinced to get it. Regardless you will gain buyers that weren't there previously.

This game seems bound to do well.
---
#200Hvv0l24n9Posted 12/3/2012 8:52:01 AM
Malus_X6 posted...

Yeah, because Capcom needs the series creators in order to continue the games.

That's why RE, DMC, DR, LP, and other franchises are all dead, and MMX ended at 5.

Oh wait.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?