I have to thank the Antis, for ensuring this game's sales.

#201thissongagainPosted 12/3/2012 8:57:28 AM
Taizuku posted...
thissongagain posted...
Any way back on topic what made you think this game's negative reception would help it?

The main thing that makes publicity, even negative publicity useful is notoriety. Regardless of how many people like it or not, neg publicity isn't really going to lower sales (in this case seeing as the neg publicity is just for the game itself and not for anything detrimental to society or in that vein). The people that aren't going to buy it just aren't going to buy it in the eyes of the industry, which means they don't even count as a potential sale. However, since neg publicity brings your name to the surface, there's more people that get to see, those people, are the potential sales. People that are against the game can only be convinced to get it. People that are new can be convinced to get it. Regardless you will gain buyers that weren't there previously.

This game seems bound to do well.

Doesn't that kind of go against your claim earlier though that this is just some minority that won't influence anybody? What is it? Is this game going to sell because a mass of uninformed buyers are going to hear about it sucking, and there fore strangely want to buy it.

Or are all those hypothetical groups you mentioned going to come in, and buy it regardless of what the people who don't like it say about it because we are supposedly such a small group of people.

Either way I can't help but see just how horribly flawed this entire topic is, and how borderline trolling the topic is, and defensive in nature.
#202Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:00:48 AM
thissongagain posted...
Taizuku posted...
thissongagain posted...
Any way back on topic what made you think this game's negative reception would help it?

The main thing that makes publicity, even negative publicity useful is notoriety. Regardless of how many people like it or not, neg publicity isn't really going to lower sales (in this case seeing as the neg publicity is just for the game itself and not for anything detrimental to society or in that vein). The people that aren't going to buy it just aren't going to buy it in the eyes of the industry, which means they don't even count as a potential sale. However, since neg publicity brings your name to the surface, there's more people that get to see, those people, are the potential sales. People that are against the game can only be convinced to get it. People that are new can be convinced to get it. Regardless you will gain buyers that weren't there previously.

Doesn't that kind of go against your claim earlier though that this is just some minority that won't influence anybody? What is it? Is this game going to sell because a mass of uninformed buyers are going to hear about it sucking, and there fore strangely want to buy it.

Or are all those hypothetical groups you mentioned going to come in, and buy it regardless of what the people who don't like it say about it because we are supposedly such a small group of people.

Either way I can't help but see just how horribly flawed this entire topic is, and how borderline trolling the topic is, and defensive in nature.

That. If someone says a game sucks, any logical person would try to find out why, instead of just bandwagoning, the power of bandwagoning is strong though, we'll have to wait and see. Once this game's out, if it sells well, I will rub it in everyone's face for about a day or two, if not, I expect to have it rubbed in my face for eternity.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#203thissongagainPosted 12/3/2012 9:02:58 AM
Taizuku posted...
thissongagain posted...
Taizuku posted...
thissongagain posted...

That. If someone says a game sucks, any logical person would try to find out why, instead of just bandwagoning, the power of bandwagoning is strong though, we'll have to wait and see. Once this game's out, if it sells well, I will rub it in everyone's face for about a day or two, if not, I expect to have it rubbed in my face for eternity.

Or we can be civil, and try to realistically look at it instead of acting like 8 year olds about it...
#204Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:03:38 AM
thissongagain posted...
Taizuku posted...
thissongagain posted...
Taizuku posted...
thissongagain posted...

Or we can be civil, and try to realistically look at it instead of acting like 8 year olds about it...

Because that's what antis have done for the past 3 years.
---
#205thissongagainPosted 12/3/2012 9:09:01 AM
Well that is what me, and several people have done about it for many years now. Back when this game didn't have any fans it was literally nothing more then a wall of hate for it. I said we would need to see the gameplay before weighing in on it.
#206fifinamboPosted 12/3/2012 9:10:13 AM

Oh, please. You honestly think we are the ones attacking people? We hate the game and therefore that's where our hate is directed. Since we hate the game the pros hate on the antis, so you guys have been the ones acting out on us.
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#207Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:10:31 AM
Yeah, and I said that logically, if you don't like something, you'd attempt to spend as little time near it as possible.

This appears to be a bit too logical for people to catch on to.
---
#208Malus_X6Posted 12/3/2012 9:12:21 AM
That's why RE, DMC, DR, LP, and other franchises are all dead, and MMX ended at 5.

Is there a reason you're forgetting X6 through X8?
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#209Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:12:52 AM
fifinambo posted...

Oh, please. You honestly think we are the ones attacking people? We hate the game and therefore that's where our hate is directed. Since we hate the game the pros hate on the antis, so you guys have been the ones acting out on us.

Imagine you eating a food you like. There's a room full of people with you. The entire time you're trying to enjoy your food, they are nitpicking every angle of it. Talking about how dry it looks, how gross it looks, it's too sweet, it's too bitter, it's too everything. This happens every single time you try to eat that food.

How long would it take before you'd ask one of them to shut up?
---
#210Ether101Posted 12/3/2012 9:13:33 AM
Taizuku posted...
Yeah, and I said that logically, if you don't like something, you'd attempt to spend as little time near it as possible.

This appears to be a bit too logical for people to catch on to.

By your logic then cops love crime.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.