To those who've played both MGR and DmC

#1RaizandPosted 12/2/2012 9:05:49 AM
How about an in depth comparison? I've only played the DmC demo, and i wanna know how MGR holds up to it.

And please, lets keep this thread clean. None of that "Donte sucks" and such. Stick to the topic.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 12/2/2012 9:06:56 AM
MGR is way too anime-like. It's not real and gritty like DmC.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3TaizukuPosted 12/2/2012 9:07:09 AM
MGR isn't really as similar to DMC as people are suggesting. It's more similar to NG tbqh.
---
"All I'm hearing is that Dragon Jesus was a pirate." ~ BluBlue4
PSN: MobileFlame
#4Raizand(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 9:07:39 AM
Woops....I forgot to mention gameplay. How does the gameplay compare to one another?
#5HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/2/2012 9:10:00 AM
Feels more like Ninja Gaiden then DMC.
But all H&S have to be like DMC to be good according to this community.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#6KyryloPosted 12/2/2012 9:11:53 AM
n MGR you have more close quarter, with sword gimmick and more fast-paced combat. Enemies are attacking without warning (human ones) and require to watch from behind. It also requires small stealth abilities, since if you alarm enemies they gonna come after you all together.
#7Phantom_Opera_GPosted 12/2/2012 9:18:18 AM
quick and super smooth, when enemies attack they attack and don't stand about for 5 seconds waiting until your ready. You have to learn to parry or you will be destroyed, there's no two ways about it otherwise you'll be faced with a very hard time against LQ-84i, the end of level boss, parry or die!

Also the parrying doesn't work the same way as it does in DmC, you can't just sit back and spam parry all day and expect to win like you would in DmC because to parry in it you have to attack and in MGR Raiden has his own set parrying animation so you have to attack and be ready to parry any incoming attacks as you can't knock enemies out of their attack animations, or at least I've not done it yet but I think you might be able to in Blade Mode if you are quick enough. It won't work on Gekkos though, try to use Blade Mode them before you soften up and all you'll get for your troubles is a kick to the face so don't try it.
---
Holy Diver You're the star of the masquerade
No need to look so afraid
#8KyryloPosted 12/2/2012 9:20:37 AM
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
quick and super smooth, when enemies attack they attack and don't stand about for 5 seconds waiting until your ready. You have to learn to parry or you will be destroyed, there's no two ways about it otherwise you'll be faced with a very hard time against LQ-84i, the end of level boss, parry or die!

Also the parrying doesn't work the same way as it does in DmC, you can't just sit back and spam parry all day and expect to win like you would in DmC because to parry in it you have to attack and in MGR Raiden has his own set parrying animation so you have to attack and be ready to parry any incoming attacks as you can't knock enemies out of their attack animations, or at least I've not done it yet but I think you might be able to in Blade Mode if you are quick enough. It won't work on Gekkos though, try to use Blade Mode them before you soften up and all you'll get for your troubles is a kick to the face so don't try it.

It works on Gekkos too. I tried and it worked.
#9Psychochild27Posted 12/2/2012 9:20:42 AM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...

Nah. Just the ones that try to parade around as DMC games.

My question here is that I enjoyed Bayonetta's parrying with the accessory which was simply directional input. How does parrying feel in comparison to Bayonetta? Is it just as satisfying and intuitive in practice or does it have any peculiarities?
---
/sits in Dante's chair.
#10RichterB17Posted 12/2/2012 9:23:38 AM
Psychochild27 posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...

Nah. Just the ones that try to parade around as DMC games.

My question here is that I enjoyed Bayonetta's parrying with the accessory which was simply directional input. How does parrying feel in comparison to Bayonetta? Is it just as satisfying and intuitive in practice or does it have any peculiarities?

It's done in the exact same way and I think it's more satisfying because of the animation and sound effects after doing a perfect parry. Honestly, that whole parry system is friggin perfect to me.
---
"The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" - Bane