Played the demo

#1TrueWhiteBeastPosted 12/2/2012 9:29:36 AM
Honestly I did mildly enjoy it.

Sure, there's alot of changes in the gameplay I would like to be regressed, but so long as I'm able to string together long combos while being moderately challenged by the enemies around me I'm satisfied.

As for Dante, he's an ok guy in my book, don't like him as much as old Dante like most people. Unlike alot of people though I find him above tolerable, and maybe it's just cause of who I've lived around, but I never found his cursing excessive.

The demo boss scene did irk me though, but to me the fault was almost entirely on the demon and not on Dante, like alot of people said he really should talk more his age, Dante was perfectly fine to me.

My one true complaint is the near uselessness of guns, if they can fix that the game would be worlds better.

Overall this game will get a buy, or at least a rent from me when it comes out.
#2RichterB17Posted 12/2/2012 9:31:45 AM
They aren't going to fix anything, they've said that at least twice now.
---
"The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" - Bane
#3FNP88Posted 12/2/2012 9:37:13 AM
Glad to hear you gave the demo a chance. I agree with you, my major issues were the lack of lock-on(which i'm starting to care less about),30fps(could honestly care less, it felt fine), and certain balance issues(like you mentioned, guns felt weak. Style meter was easy to exploit). I think they have listened to the fan feedback, so i think the guns and style meter will be improved . It was a demo, and the guns were base level. I know they still felt weak, but the upgrades might make them more powerful per upgrade compared to previous games. It is a buy for me also, the more i play the demo the more i enjoy it.
#4FNP88Posted 12/2/2012 9:37:41 AM
RichterB17 posted...

Please stop lying to people.
#5m100t8sPosted 12/2/2012 9:41:49 AM
Don said in the live Q&A that you can upgrade Ebony & Ivory. And also for those who says DT in DmC is useless, You can upgrade it too so it last longer.

They were right. They won't fix anything. There's nothing broken to fix. You can make Ebony & Ivory more powerful by upgrading them.

I hope you enjoy the game when it comes out TC.

Don is one of Ninja Theory developers. There was a live Q&A for DmC yesterday for those who don't know.
#6RagirothPosted 12/2/2012 9:44:40 AM
Yeah I think there's a reason they showed the demo off a couple months before the game comes out. To possibly fix certain things people had wrong with it. Now I'm not saying they will definitely fix it, but to automatically say they won't just because you hate Capcom and/or NT is just overly negative.

But glad you enjoyed the demo TC.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#7RichterB17Posted 12/2/2012 9:45:35 AM
FNP88 posted...
RichterB17 posted...

How am I lying? That's what they said? I never said you couldn't upgrade them, but that is the default strength of the guns.
---
#8DuuuDe14Posted 12/2/2012 9:45:42 AM
FNP88 posted...
RichterB17 posted...

Tam Tam himself said it.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of the UMvC3 board
http://i.imgur.com/QqM2W.jpg Silly Tameem, DMCs are for Kamiya.- Solid_Belmont
#9shatterstarPosted 12/2/2012 9:47:01 AM
The only time the guns felt powerful, well completely over powered was in DMC2 and we all know how bad that game was.

The guns in DmC are fine to me since I only use them to continue my combo chain and not spam the hell out of them like most people are doing in their demo gameplay videos.
#10RichterB17Posted 12/2/2012 9:53:48 AM
shatterstar posted...
The only time the guns felt powerful, well completely over powered was in DMC2 and we all know how bad that game was.

The guns in DmC are fine to me since I only use them to continue my combo chain and not spam the hell out of them like most people are doing in their demo gameplay videos.

DMC3 had perfectly well balanced guns, and it's not spamming. Gunslinger was another option to playing the game. More options is never a bad thing.
---