Will this game take the crown as the worst DMC game ever over DMC2?

#51BillysanPosted 12/8/2012 6:50:52 PM
Army of two was a pretty fun co-op game. But the checkpoints suck or more spefically how the game never auto saves gun mods.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#52PineappleFistPosted 12/8/2012 11:16:22 PM
Billysan posted...
Army of two was a pretty fun co-op game. But the checkpoints suck or more spefically how the game never auto saves gun mods.

Yeah, my friend talked me into renting the first one. I bemoaned it at first because I thought the game looked so focused tested, so clearly trying to capitalize on the modern warfare craze. He assured me it was cool and told me about the weapon customization (I'm a huge gun-nut), so I rented it and I'm so glad I did.

Didn't care for the sequel too much, there was just something off about it. It was still fun though. Hopefully the new one will reclaim a little of the first's glory for me.
---
Since 1998. Grasshopper Manufacture.
Punk's Not Dead
#53SasukefirePosted 12/8/2012 11:38:45 PM
This topic feels familiar.
---
I'm your prom date, you ugly sack of ****.
#54StrelokPosted 12/9/2012 3:27:41 AM
The main issue I have with the sequel is that it is too damned short when compared to the first one.

But yeah, I loved playing with a friend online, with me drawing all the aggro and him going in for the sneaky kills.

Wait, I do the same here. Oh crap!
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#55NewavePosted 12/9/2012 4:47:18 AM
Yeah, DMC2 is awesome and one of the three good games in the series together with the original and 4.

This makes DMC3/DMC3.5 look good in comparison, if only by a small amount, so yeah it does take the place as worst DMC ever, DMC3/3.5 is still a worthy second place though.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#56fioriPosted 12/9/2012 5:10:36 AM
Horrible bosses really damaged DMC 2...

I imagine the team talking about bosses and playing lots of mediocre action games, due the lack of original and creative ideas...

1) A dumb giant monkey... Check. They probably watched Congo...

2) A woman giant snake demon with tentacles...Check. They love tentacles. How original.

3) A demon tank...check. They played Shinobi .

4) A demon chopper...Check. Shinobi also had it as a boss battle...

5) A demon building with a giant head that comes from it...Check.

6) Balrog from The Lord of the Rings...Check. Peter Jackson is probably happy to watch it on screen, lol...

7) A giant butterfly that doesn't damage you at all. I guess the creators probably are lovers of flying butterflies. Shinobi also had it as a boss.

8) Random giant demon with 2 chains. Check. Isn't there a guy from King of Fighters that uses a chain attached to his body?

9) A Nelo Angelo wannabe...He even had basically all Dante's moves from DMC 1...Even million stab. Check.

10) A guy from Tekken. Check. What's Kazuya doing in DMC 2?

11) Random boss from the first game. Phantom had no reason to be in DMC 2, he was killed in that game.

12) Three floating demon heads...Oh, and they talk!!!! Incredible.

13) A invisible demon fish that attacks you with the tail...That's menacing!!!

14) The last boss is basically a bloody mess literally. The second form was either male or female, depending on how it was attacking you...Is that the first bisexuality case of a boss in a game?

Now, you have almost 15 bosses. Obnly 2 of them talked in the game. The others have nothing to do.

I could go on about how DMC 2 was a piece of s----t game. DmC seems to be better regarding the bosses. At least, all of them talk and have some relevance to the game story.
#57SiLVeR_420Posted 12/9/2012 5:18:25 AM
Billysan posted...

With a friend doing couch coop they are fun but by yourself they are pretty bad.
Even through online coop I felt bored.

Couch coop is the best way to play AoT.

I hope DC has couch but there hasn't been a game running on the Frostbite engine that had couch coop yet so I'm worried.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#58StrelokPosted 12/9/2012 5:19:57 AM
Disagree, online co-op works great with friends.
With random people I agree, it's terrible.
The same goes with any co-op game.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#59sora364Posted 12/10/2012 5:26:03 PM
"Will this game take the crown as the worst DMC game ever over DMC2?"

Not possible. Not because the fact this game is sheer unadulterated ass on a disc, but because it would actually have to be a Devil May Cry game to actually take the crown.

So, no. DMC2 is still the worst game in the franchise.
#60SilentS89Posted 12/10/2012 5:42:27 PM
sora364 posted...
Not possible. Not because the fact this game is sheer unadulterated ass on a disc, but because it would actually have to be a Devil May Cry game to actually take the crown.

So, no. DMC2 is still the worst game in the franchise.

Word, DmC doesn't qualify.

DarkJaydragon posted...
Vampire rain's demo was better than DMC2

Man, I wish Vampire's Rain was better. It had such a cool premise with such a poor execution. Splinter Cell vampire hunters? Awesome. I remember being pumped before it's release.