Wonder how big a plot point Dante's insanity will be

#1DRX777Posted 12/2/2012 3:39:52 PM
I'm betting the original draft of the game, with TameemDante and that terrible grimdark tone in the first trailer, with the asylum setup the entire story revolved around whether the whole demon thing was all in Dante's head.

And there's still leftovers of it in the recent Story Intro trailer; there's a bit with Dante cutting himself in the mirror. Wonder if there's gonna be mentions of how this might all be his delusions, and the demons he attacks are just regular people/cops/whatever.

I mean, obviously, it'd be better for him to be vindicated in the end and it's all true, but I hope they at least toy with it a little. :P
---
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
http://www.rockband.com/users/Dark_Raven_X
#2YumeOMiruPosted 12/2/2012 3:42:21 PM
That would be so much better than what we have now.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#3XeedragonPosted 12/2/2012 3:42:55 PM
DRX777 posted...
I'm betting the original draft of the game, with TameemDante and that terrible grimdark tone in the first trailer, with the asylum setup the entire story revolved around whether the whole demon thing was all in Dante's head.

And there's still leftovers of it in the recent Story Intro trailer; there's a bit with Dante cutting himself in the mirror. Wonder if there's gonna be mentions of how this might all be his delusions, and the demons he attacks are just regular people/cops/whatever.

I mean, obviously, it'd be better for him to be vindicated in the end and it's all true, but I hope they at least toy with it a little. :P

Link to first trailer.
#4ShadowZero007Posted 12/2/2012 3:43:30 PM
Just youtube DmC 2010 reveal.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#5HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/2/2012 3:45:36 PM
A part of me hopes that it's just an allusion to him constantly getting stabbed in the chest in every previous game.
Hopefully he gets impaled at some point in this game too.
Gotta keep up the tradition.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#6XeedragonPosted 12/2/2012 3:46:17 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...

I did, there's no asylum or anything hinting he's insane.
#7HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/2/2012 3:47:09 PM
Xeedragon posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...

I did, there's no asylum or anything hinting he's insane.

I think he's referring to the scene when they're asking for Dante's name
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#8KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/2/2012 3:47:14 PM
It all makes sense now! Dino is just an average schizophrenic joe who played the old DMC and created a delusion around them! He must have also watched They Live.....
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#9ZeroX91Posted 12/2/2012 3:47:53 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...

Dont be so lazy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhoNEuH8KmA

I'm pretty sure that plot got dropped, which was a shame I definitely liked it better than what we seemed to have gotten.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDlmamEaVE
#10BaulModeusPosted 12/2/2012 3:49:02 PM
None/little if any. At most Im guessing we'll see redesigned original textures and levels they had in mind, signs, art, general background items. Much like Devil May Cry 1 you'd probably really have to look and put 2 and 2 together to see some of the beta designs (i.e. Umbrella symbols galore in DMC 1 Castle).