Regarding the combat engine where could they have gone from DMC4?

#31thissongagainPosted 12/3/2012 6:58:12 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Besides adding new styles and moves.
We already had it on the fly; where could the engine have gone?

No where, but down obviously as this game is the pits.
#32largerockPosted 12/5/2012 5:41:19 AM
See: Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#33sfvfkofPosted 12/5/2012 6:13:25 AM
What do you guys think of giving Dante "super moves/combo's" IE Nero's Showdown move or when he buster's boss attacks. This way less skilled players can still have really amazing moves regardless of what style they stick to if they don't like switching.

Maybe give Dante a move that takes up half the DT meter, and depending on the style in use or weapon in use give him a super move. I see his royal guard armored version as hint to it. And if you use the style it gives players more reason to want to reach lvl 3 for all styles.

Maybe in Trickster style he could a scripted, or even a player controlled for a limited time, combo on vortex and trick up, down, left, right.

Gunslinger, I can't think of something really cool, but maybe just have him go thru all his guns, just laying waste to everything around him with a final "jackpot" shot towards the initial locked on target.

Swordmaster, my first thought is something similar to Nero's Showdown, just incorporating all his weapons (Maybe make the move longer as you unlock weapons or just different combo's depending on how man weapons are unlocked.)
#34TheOriginalMaxPosted 12/5/2012 10:43:02 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Besides adding new styles and moves.
We already had it on the fly; where could the engine have gone?

Have it all open via button combinations. Trickster dodge could be circle, Royal Guard could be L3, release R1+L3+direction, swordmaster moves could be triangle + circle, gunslinger moves could be square + triangle. Nero inputs could also be implemented to Dante ala Calibur etc.

Quicksilver & Doppelganger could be equips taking DT's place for instance, there are other possibilities as well, of course, this is just the first thing that came to my mind. I wouldn't necessarily add any new styles because there wouldn't be styles anymore per se.

Just off the top of my head.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#35marsh90Posted 12/5/2012 12:15:12 PM
Take away the nerfs Dante's styles had in DMC4, maybe add a few more styles so we can customize which styles we use and more weapons. Dante played pretty much perfectly in DMC4. It's just the styles were watered down and he had less weapons.