Why are people complaining about how hard the boss was?

#61prince_nagashPosted 12/3/2012 1:46:29 PM
If Phantom as a first boss was an 8, then Cerberus would be a 7, and Poison would be a 3. Hell Vanguard was a 4.5 to me. That's just me going by how I felt the first time I encountered them.

The original games were mostly hard because if you died, you had to start all over again. Unless you had a single yellow orb, or the SE version. Either way, the damage was high, and the life bar was super short to start off with. I'd say that was a big factor in the difficulty.

The new one, I feel pretty safe and no real sense of danger. Kind of like Kratos encountering his first Minotaur.
#62_Uwye_Posted 12/3/2012 1:47:55 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
So, what are we arguing about?

TC: why people complain that the first boss is easy?
Me: Cerberus and others weren't easy despite being first bosses.
The others: Lol, cerberus is easy
#63QCTeamkillPosted 12/3/2012 1:48:47 PM
Sony_7 posted...
Isn't it like, one of the first bosses? Of course it'll be easy.

I thought we were debating a rebutal of TC.

So I guess this is the only time in history a thread concluded without using a reference to Hitler..

PS: Doh!
#64Psychochild27Posted 12/3/2012 1:49:08 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
Taizuku posted...
Of course. Real examples don't count. Put a new player on Poison and see how they do.

I suck at parrying but the first time I fought her I tried to replicate the SSS Arbiter video. I beat her like a drum.

Taizuku posted...
*edit* It doesn't matter if it's shooting "forever" (aka 3 minutes), it was easy. Point blank period.

Because the first time you face Cerberus you have the DT and Spiral available, right? The first time you face Cerberus if you want to beat him the easy way you WILL take forever and end with a s***ty score.

Not only that, the Royal Guard Strategy hinges heavily on Air Guard/Air Releases. That's a Style Level 2 move which if you're not sitting and intentionally grinding the first two missions a dozen times would normally only be available at some point between Jester and Agni/Rudra on SE or right after A&R on DA.

Doing Cerberus with only ground guards is infintiely harder since you don't have the I-Frames from your jumps to cheese with.
---
/sits in Dante's chair.
#65FireMage7777Posted 12/3/2012 1:56:48 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
So, what are we arguing about?

TC: why people complain that the first boss is easy?
Me: Cerberus and others weren't easy despite being first bosses.
The others: Lol, cerberus is easy

The others have no clue what they're talking abput
---
This is a "boss" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmIldyRCOkA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
#66caffiend7Posted 12/3/2012 2:09:24 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
Agni and Rudra in DMD...that is BS most of the time

Nightmare 3 with Trish on DMD is BS doable but still BS not Mundus BS but BS
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#67FireMage7777Posted 12/3/2012 2:12:49 PM
caffiend7 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Agni and Rudra in DMD...that is BS most of the time

Nightmare 3 with Trish on DMD is BS doable but still BS not Mundus BS but BS

I was referring to early bosses
---
This is a "boss" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmIldyRCOkA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
#68darkslayer001Posted 12/3/2012 3:17:24 PM
Taizuku posted...

No seriously. Cerberus is *****made.

Of course. Real examples don't count. Put a new player on Poison and see how they do.

imo Cerebrus was genuinly one of the hardest bosses in dmc ..but keep in mind that when fought him for first time i got ownd...
of course once i played the boss many times I knew how to defeat the boss easily even in DMD
Poison on the other hand require no skill at all...all u need is the dodge button and attack button....any casual or someone who havent played dmc in his life has a 90% chance of defeating it in the first go in nephil difficulty...