Parrying: Face Enemies Or Not?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Parrying: Face Enemies Or Not?
4 years ago#1
In Bayonetta, MGR & DmC, parrying requires you to face the enemy.

In games like DMC3-4 & Onimusha, you only need to press the guard button at the right time regardless of where the attack is coming from.

Which system do you prefer?
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
4 years ago#2
All direction guard. A good example is in KH BBS. Terra's guard is almost useless, but Aqua's is great.
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
4 years ago#3
Bayonettas parries felt amazing, and i like how DmC has implemented it so far(really need to mess around with it more on the normal mobs). Not that the system in DMC3/4 was bad at all, i just found Bayonettas to be better personally.
4 years ago#4
I prefer facing the enemy. I just feel it's more realistic then being able to parry any attack from any direction. I also think it takes a little more skill.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
4 years ago#5
Pesmerga255 posted...
All direction guard. A good example is in KH BBS. Terra's guard is almost useless, but Aqua's is great.

All you need to beat Vanitas with Aqua
This is a "boss" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmIldyRCOkA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
4 years ago#6
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I prefer facing the enemy. I just feel it's more realistic then being able to parry any attack from any direction. I also think it takes a little more skill.

I don't get this obsession people have with realism in games.
4 years ago#7
FireMage7777 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

All you need to beat Vanitas with Aqua

True. It doesn't do **** against Mysterious Figure though. That bastard.
4 years ago#8
Pesmerga255 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

I don't get this obsession people have with realism in games.

I'm not saying I want the entire game to be 100% realistic, but some things I just prefer to be realistic. I don't like pushing a button and blocking any attack from anywhere. Best example is Batman AC. A thug is going to hit you with a pipe? Just hit triangle and Batman will auto block anything. From any angle, he sees it. Hell, even in the cartoon and the comics he couldn't block stuff he couldn't see. I just like certain things to be realistic.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
4 years ago#9
He isn't blocking. He's using his mad Batman skillz to counter-attack.
4 years ago#10
I like the "facing the enemy" way. No real reason, I guess it just looks better that the animation starts without my character suddenly turning around.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Parrying: Face Enemies Or Not?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived