Legitimate complaints about this game?

#1FuocoNeroPosted 12/3/2012 11:48:48 PM
Why all the hate?
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.10
#2caffiend7Posted 12/3/2012 11:52:36 PM
I'd give you a huge list of reasons, but I'm too busy eating this strawberry sundae.
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#3Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 12/3/2012 11:55:35 PM
completely ignoring the fact that this is supposed to be a devil may cry game, this fails on many levels as just a competent action game.

pulling off the stinger attack is very un-intuitive. i didnt even know the attack was in the game until i browsed the forums here and i was suprised by how you pull ot off.

foward foward with analogue stick then attack...

this makes the move very unreliable to execute.

ofcourse this is compounded by the lack of an lock on targetng system...

why?

and why on earth are there TWO dodge buttons when they both do the exact same thing?

you know, one of them COULD have been a lock on targeting button.

also, it really bugs me that i cant perma toggle the alternate weapons like the scythe and axe.

so many bad design decisions went into making this game, its really the mark of an amateur designer.

another thing, WHY ISNT THERE A TAUNT BUTTON?

the designers said they didnt see a way to have it fit in this game... im calling BS on that.
this charcater swears, insults and disrespects every opponent he meets in cutscenes... and you say you couldnt implement a dedicated taunt button?
i smell massive BS and lies.
it couldve worked into the combos and or raised enemy aggro.

jumping is a tad floaty and dosent match the speed of the character's movements.

also, the guns lack any punch whatsoever. the feedback is weak and they lack any bite.

and the whole pulling and grabbing functions from the 2 differentshoulder buttons are also unintuitive, did it really need two?

devil may cry 4 had it just fine with a single button.

so many bad game design choices here...
really, its shameful and someone should be fired for letting this be the final product.
still, i have decided to buy the game and see for myself the full extent that this offers.

my curiosity has compelled me just to see how much they have butchered an action game.

like going to identify a dead body... i know its gona suck, but i must find out what killed it... or who killed it...
---
-choose death-
#4FuocoNero(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:56:08 PM
Quote:I'd give you a huge list of reasons, but I'm too busy eating this strawberry sundae.
@caffiend7

So in other words, you brought absolutely nothing to this topic.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.10
#5pyro_buntaPosted 12/3/2012 11:58:33 PM
Eh, we're too tired to repost everything. Just scour the topics around here for a while and you should understand the complaints.
---
...if you know what I mean
#6Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 12/4/2012 12:00:10 AM
should be noted that i copy pasted my reasons from a thread i created days ago.
---
-choose death-
#7Hiryuu_TsurugiPosted 12/4/2012 12:01:17 AM
http://stuffimusmaximus.blogspot.com/2012/11/dmc-demo-thoughts.html
---
GT: FroznLockz, PSN: SpectreAlpha
"Tatakai no naka ni, kotai wo aru."
#8Orange00Posted 12/4/2012 12:08:43 AM
i'd say FPS complaints are valid. But for some reason i feel like lower FPS is more evident in cutscenes?

also "this is not DMC" is also legitimate even if it's a pretty broad issue. Gameplay feels like how skyrim feels next to morrowind, while talking about depth, skyrim is round around the edges and more streamlined. Dunno which one has more depth really but morrowind feels more hc without a doubt. (in case you couldn't tell morrowind=DMC and skyrim=DmC in this example)
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#9GoldsicklePosted 12/4/2012 12:09:13 AM
Air Hike in DMC3 & DMC4 felt like a second jump being done in the air.

The Double Jump in DmC felt more like a 'boost' to keep you afloat.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#10stevenbobPosted 12/4/2012 12:13:25 AM
I do not play hack n slashes that can not even keep 30 fps
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich