Legitimate complaints about this game?

#21Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 12/4/2012 3:15:11 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...
The paragraph where I explained how enemies (Bosses seemingly at least) respond to what your doing during the battle was in regards to the lack of taunt.

so you cant defend the lack of taunting enemies then huh?
---
-choose death-
#22stevenbobPosted 12/4/2012 3:15:24 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Zetta-Honey-Boy posted...
completely ignoring the fact that this is supposed to be a devil may cry game, this fails on many levels as just a competent action game.

pulling off the stinger attack is very un-intuitive. i didnt even know the attack was in the game until i browsed the forums here and i was suprised by how you pull ot off.

foward foward with analogue stick then attack...

this makes the move very unreliable to execute.

ofcourse this is compounded by the lack of an lock on targetng system...

why?

and why on earth are there TWO dodge buttons when they both do the exact same thing?

you know, one of them COULD have been a lock on targeting button.

also, it really bugs me that i cant perma toggle the alternate weapons like the scythe and axe.

so many bad design decisions went into making this game, its really the mark of an amateur designer.

another thing, WHY ISNT THERE A TAUNT BUTTON?

the designers said they didnt see a way to have it fit in this game... im calling BS on that.
this charcater swears, insults and disrespects every opponent he meets in cutscenes... and you say you couldnt implement a dedicated taunt button?
i smell massive BS and lies.
it couldve worked into the combos and or raised enemy aggro.

jumping is a tad floaty and dosent match the speed of the character's movements.

also, the guns lack any punch whatsoever. the feedback is weak and they lack any bite.

and the whole pulling and grabbing functions from the 2 differentshoulder buttons are also unintuitive, did it really need two?

devil may cry 4 had it just fine with a single button.

so many bad game design choices here...
really, its shameful and someone should be fired for letting this be the final product.
still, i have decided to buy the game and see for myself the full extent that this offers.

my curiosity has compelled me just to see how much they have butchered an action game.

like going to identify a dead body... i know its gona suck, but i must find out what killed it... or who killed it...

Stinger's input isn't really a con. It's not a plus but it doesn't hurt much; Bayo let you do it, and you do it the same in MGR. It was in all the trailers I don't know how you missed it :p I don't have trouble pulling it off.

There are two dodge buttons to compliment whichever shoulder button you have held down. If you're holding down L2 with your index finger you can't really dodge without releasing it; so this way you can press R1 and keep holding it down.

Considering the manner and speed in which you switch forms (Not just for the weapons but for dodges, pulling, dashes, etc) it works better than having to toggle back and forth. I addressed this in another topic; with the current set up toggling wouldn't be practical.

so they assumed people were to incompetent to use there middle fingers? thats what I have been doing and have had no problem playing at all
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#23ShadowZero007Posted 12/4/2012 3:17:12 AM
Not necessarily but it's certainly more intuitive.
Don't tell me you've never held down those triggers with your index?
It just feels better.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#24BillysanPosted 12/4/2012 3:31:07 AM
stevenbob posted...

so they assumed people were to incompetent to use there middle fingers? thats what I have been doing and have had no problem playing at all

How are you suppose to use your middle fingers while giving the game double middle fingers.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#25ShinWeskerPosted 12/4/2012 3:45:36 AM
Zetta-Honey-Boy posted...
completely ignoring the fact that this is supposed to be a devil may cry game, this fails on many levels as just a competent action game.

pulling off the stinger attack is very un-intuitive. i didnt even know the attack was in the game until i browsed the forums here and i was suprised by how you pull ot off.

foward foward with analogue stick then attack...

this makes the move very unreliable to execute.

ofcourse this is compounded by the lack of an lock on targetng system...

why?

and why on earth are there TWO dodge buttons when they both do the exact same thing?

you know, one of them COULD have been a lock on targeting button.

also, it really bugs me that i cant perma toggle the alternate weapons like the scythe and axe.

so many bad design decisions went into making this game, its really the mark of an amateur designer.

another thing, WHY ISNT THERE A TAUNT BUTTON?

the designers said they didnt see a way to have it fit in this game... im calling BS on that.
this charcater swears, insults and disrespects every opponent he meets in cutscenes... and you say you couldnt implement a dedicated taunt button?
i smell massive BS and lies.
it couldve worked into the combos and or raised enemy aggro.

jumping is a tad floaty and dosent match the speed of the character's movements.

also, the guns lack any punch whatsoever. the feedback is weak and they lack any bite.

and the whole pulling and grabbing functions from the 2 differentshoulder buttons are also unintuitive, did it really need two?

devil may cry 4 had it just fine with a single button.

so many bad game design choices here...
really, its shameful and someone should be fired for letting this be the final product.
still, i have decided to buy the game and see for myself the full extent that this offers.

my curiosity has compelled me just to see how much they have butchered an action game.

like going to identify a dead body... i know its gona suck, but i must find out what killed it... or who killed it...

This guy understands game design. Couldn't have said it any bother. NT has no clue what they are doing.
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.
#26Ether101Posted 12/4/2012 3:59:44 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
Ether101 posted...
http://pastebin.com/qjpWCTFR

you keep posting that like it actually means anything. I debunked it, so stop posting it like it means anything at this point, not to mention some of it is factually outdated, so if you're going to post complaints, don't lie.

I posted it one other time and you didn't do jack outside of showing how ****ing foolish you are.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#27TheOriginalMaxPosted 12/4/2012 5:58:23 AM
"Legitimate complaints about this game?"

Are the reasons one sees as being an issue. It might not convince you per se, but I wouldn't go as far as to say what someone is feeling about a video game being "illegitimate", because with this mindset people tend to generalize and not realize that the person they're talking about is a human being just like the one saying those things who processes information and makes logical deductions(albeit not everyone does logical deductions, but they still process information in what they see as logical).

ShadowZero007 posted...
Stinger's input isn't really a con.

Isn't that for the person to decide? o_O
That's the only way to do a Stinger, so I think it's a pretty valid point someone can make into a con if they see it fit to do so.
I admit it did seem like the person you're quoting tried to portray it as fact, but what you're saying here is equally wrong since it depends on the person.

>There are two dodge buttons to compliment whichever shoulder button you have held down.

Yes, and wouldn't it be for the person to decide whether or not it's a good idea to them? A lot of people keep saying how it could have been a lock-on button. Like in one review: What do they exactly GAIN from not having a lock-on button? Does it suddenly make the game better?
They could have done this and that.

>Considering the manner and speed in which you switch forms it works better than having to toggle back and forth. I addressed this in another topic; with the current set up toggling wouldn't be practical.

You're portraying that is if a fact. Again it's completely subjective. And you can address it all you want. It doesn't make it a fact. This goes to Slave as well.

About the video: The person is good. The floaty enemies still keep bothering me, and there are numerous other problems I have, but I'm not going to start saying a single one of those because they're my opinion and I accomplish squat from convincing you when you only want to enjoy the game.

SlaveBlade posted...
Ether101 posted...
http://pastebin.com/qjpWCTFR

you keep posting that like it actually means anything. I debunked it, so stop posting it like it means anything at this point, not to mention some of it is factually outdated, so if you're going to post complaints, don't lie.

Link? I honestly want to see how someone can think they can debunk an opinion... -_-
The only way to debunk his link would be to have Ether convinced. Otherwise it's just an e-peen contest. As usual. Actually, what's up with the constant measuring of peens? o_O

This board really weirds me out sometimes. Why is it so hard to let people portray their opinions in clearly subjective matters? I think people often misinterpret things as being objective when they're not, and then argue from this point of view... Not realizing that they're actually showing signs of being closed-minded to differing views.

Now I'm not accusing any "sides" here because they have been equally guilty of this. But it just irks me how seemingly insecure some of you guys are. Like really, really insecure. You need to argue almost every single point another brings up and try to somehow debunk it, regardless if it's completely dependant on the person. Something may, for instance, seem more intuitive to YOU, but people do not share a universal muscle memory. We're ALL individuals. It's high time you guys stepped out of that bubble.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#28stevenbobPosted 12/4/2012 6:25:42 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Not necessarily but it's certainly more intuitive.
Don't tell me you've never held down those triggers with your index?
It just feels better.

I have never held down those back buttons with anything but my middle fingers for this game
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#29ShadowZero007Posted 12/4/2012 10:57:47 AM
Do I really need to put imo after every sentence?
I figured it was inherent that it was my opinion.

So if it's all entirely subjective then there are no legit complaints right?
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#30FabuIousPosted 12/4/2012 11:13:44 AM
lol bayonetta had a similar input motion and its considered godlike and this game uses the same input for stinger and its ass. nice one.

30 fps is not a big deal. i mean if you're playing at 60 fps and not at 120 fps @ 120refresh rate already then who cares. you're already playing on inferior hardware with inferior FPS who cares which **** smells worse.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/toilethumor
psn : toilethumorr